SOLD Pontiacs The cars in here have already been sold. The topics will be kept for a few months for referance.

Old 03-29-2010, 12:24 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default 68 GTO Clone Wagon Project (Tempest Wagon) $3500

I posted this ad on craigslist in Seattle a few minutes ago. Should appear soon. The car is in metro Seattle now. I may be able to have it shipped to Miwaukee Wisconsin for only $100 or so if you can wait until summer as it is part of my moving package. I would prefer to sell it now in Seattle. My email is JGeigel@aol.com or you can call and leave a message on my cell at 425-239-8092.

Thanks
Joe

If you've been wanting to build a Clone GTO Wagon or GTO Judge Wagon, your ship has come in with a really super project at a super price (see pictures below). I have a 68 Pontiac Tempest Wagon and the front end parts to swap it over to a GTO Clone Wagon. The 68 and 69s are basically the same on the outside, so you could build a 69 GTO Judge type clone wagon if you wanted to.

THE ONLY REASON THIS CAR IS FOR SALE IS THAT I AM MOVING 2000 MILES AND I ALREADY HAVE A PROJECT CAR TO MOVE. If no-one wants to pay my price (which is roughly 2/3 of what I have into it), I will move the car anyway.

This is a great car to do this project with. Check this out:

• Originally a black plate California car.. Still have at least one license plate.. As far as I know the car spent it's whole life in Southern California, except for the last few years where it stayed in my garage in Mukilteo. The car's original color was meridian turquoise with a matching interior. Attached pictures are right before I started working on it. It looks like it has been partially repainted once (in a cheaply done way). Bodywork areas are now either clean bare metal or primer.
• Car had only minor rust which was due to leaves and dirt getting packed in body panel corners (not road salt). I've replaced a section about 4" x 5" at the bottom of each front fender and taken care of some other minor issues around the rear windows and windshield. Of course it was done right with strictly welding in new metal. No rust cover up of any kind and there wasn’t much to begin with. Again, this car has always had a solid body. The quarters were very good to begin with. Only minor work was needed and I repaired a metal crease about 6" long on one quarter that had a little more bondo in it than I would accept.
• There is some very minor welding work left where I just didn't get to it as I expected to have time to complete this minor work before I moved. I just ran out of time. Maybe an hour or two for a skilled body person. For a show quality job, the paint will need to be stripped and the car skim coated to fill the usually body dings that occurred over the years. Keep in mind this once was a daily use car.
• The rear marker lights have already had their openings modified to have 69 GTO and GTO Judge rear quarter marker lights (which I will include with the sale of the car)
• I have a 95% complete GTO hideaway headlight front end to go with it including either a set of 68 GTO grilles and headlight covers or a set of 69 grilles (without headlight covers). The mechanical pieces have already been bead blasted clean as a whistle and primed and the rubber endura bumper has been hand sanded to remove the paint (done correctly). Will still need some work before painting. I also have an NOS headlight switch to go with it and the vacuum container. The front end alone has got to be worth $1000
• The interior of the car is complete, but I have thrown away the headliner and carpet as it was toast from the California sun. The floor boards are near perfect. Even the paint on them is good. I only saw one minor area of surface rust on a rear floor board on one side, but it should not need any work other than some floor primer and paint. The vinyl on the seats is again trashed from the sun, but I'm assuming the buyer would probably replace the seats anyway. They are complete bench seats. The dash pad is cracked and I have a replacement that is better, but still has some cracks. You would need to repair it or replace it.
• I have a floor console and GTO shifter to with it, however you will need to install bucket seats to use it
• 350 2 barrel engine with original Powerglide trans. Runs and drives, but the engine is a bit tired and the tranny leaks fluid. I have two turbo 400 short shaft trannys that go with the car
• CAR has A/C and it is all there. It even still has a charge in it. The belt has been removed.
• The instrument panel is complete and the plastic dash panel is uncut. I have removed it to do the restoration of it. You will need to repaint it and install new wood grain on it for the GTO look. I even have an NOS rear window electric switch to go with the car that mounts on the dash.
• Did I mention that I have an NOS rear bumper that goes with the car?
• Did I mention that I have a complete set of moog parts for the front end along with energy suspension poly bushings? Oh yes. It also comes with new front and rear springs.

I can't imagine anyone finding a better car than this for the price if you are looking to build a GTO clone wagon. The bodywork left is easy work as it's almost all cosmetic (but it's a big car so it will take some time if you are an amateur). The car is complete and never had any aftermarket modifications on it that I can see. It even appears to have the original Harrison radiator which is in good shape. I was going to make a GTO Judge clone out of this. My price is $3500 and I have a lot more than that into it, but I have priced this cheap for an easy sale as I don't want to dink with it. If you try to dicker on this at any time, I will respectfully tell you no, and will exit the conversation. For a serious potential buyer, I can talk with you over the phone if you have questions and email more pictures if you can tell me specifically what you are looking for.

I’m traveling for several weeks, so my wife would have to show you the car. For that reason, I respectfully request that you decide if you want a project of this type in advance of seeing the car. Showing you the car should only be to confirm that the car is "as described" and to consummate the deal once you are satisfied that it is "as described". Please don't show up if you aren't sure you want this specific type of project. To confirm the rarity and desirability of this car, Just Google “GTO Wagon” and see what comes up. There are only a handful of these cars that I have ever seen built and they all command attention wherever they go.

Again, I am willing to send any more pictures you request if they are within reason. I can’t get pictures of the underside of the car as my wife simply can’t crawl under there and do it. You won’t be disappointed. There is only minor surface rust and tons of grease there. The title is from the State of Washington and it is a clean title in my name, no liens, etc. I don't know what the actual mileage is on the car. When it was transferred into a state of Washington title, I believe they recorded it as unknown due to its age. I'm guessing it has north of 100,000 miles, but I really have no idea. If miles are important to you, then please skip this car. This is a really, cool hot rod project for someone that knows the rarity and value of it. This is not for someone that wants a daily driver.

Please reply by email and I will answer all questions. If you email me and want to talk on the phone, please send me your phone number. I typically can return calls between 5 pm and 7 pm Seattle time. I usually do not return calls during the day as I work like most other people during those hours. Also please expect it to take up to a day for me to get back to you. I don’t always have access to my email. That being said I will return all contact in the order received, so DON’T WAIT. The car may sell quickly or I could simply not sell it.

Thank you for your time and I greatly appreciate you respecting my instructions above for the sale of this vehicle. In turn, I will be straightforward in getting your questions answered asap.

Joe
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Drivers side.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	201592   Click image for larger version

Name:	Passenger side.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	201593   Click image for larger version

Name:	Front.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	201594   Click image for larger version

Name:	interior.png
Views:	243
Size:	263.3 KB
ID:	201595  

Old 03-31-2010, 11:34 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I think I remember it on ebay a few years ago. I wish i had room for another one (my wife would kill me if I drug home another one!) My wagon gets way more attention than either my hardtop or convertible! Whoever buys it will have lots of fun with it!

Old 01-16-2021, 08:34 PM

Is this still for sale? Where is the car now?

Old 01-17-2021, 07:46 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Sold it to a friend long ago in the Seattle metro area.. Sorry should have posted that.

Old 01-17-2021, 12:43 PM

No worries. At least someone else is enjoying my dream car.