Pontiac - Boost Turbo, supercharged, Nitrous, EFI & other Power Adders discussed here.

Old 03-03-2019, 01:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half-Inch Stud View Post
So what does a 1000 HP 426 cost over their counter?
So what is the Ford 700 HP offering and what does it cost OTC?
No idea about the Ford stuff as far as price.

Rumors have the Hellephant crate 426 in the $50K ish neighborhood.

I will build mine, which will have better internal dimensions and better reciprocating parts for under $35K.
And recoup around $12.5K when I sell the complete, low mileage (<4000) modded 800+ RWHP 6.2L.

Not so bad.

Old 03-03-2019, 01:28 PM

Yawn.

https://www.fordnxt.com/tech-stories...00-horsepower/

Old 03-03-2019, 03:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

YAWN.
Red 114 racing fuel?
Anybody can do it with 19psi and hi octane fuel.

Ill get better than that HP on pump. Sit back and watch.

Old 03-03-2019, 05:20 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom McQueen View Post
YAWN.
Red 114 racing fuel?
Anybody can do it with 19psi and hi octane fuel.

Ill get better than that HP on pump. Sit back and watch.
What kind of HP do you plan on getting. Will that Demon blower be large enough for a built 426?
93 or E85?

Old 03-03-2019, 05:51 PM
Boost Engineer

The Chrysler info says the Demon Supercharger is a 2.7L per revolution unit.
They also say it can move 33000 liters of air in a minute.
Simple math say at 14.5 psi they are spinning the supercharger 12,222 supercharger rpm.

Not a big rpm number like a Lysholm Screw Supercharger (18,000) but still a very respectable supercharger rpm.
The Liters per minute or airflow works out to about a 1165 cfm supercharger unit.

1165 cfm (assuming a 12.4 air/ fuel ratio) says they are playing it a bit safe on the tune-up. Being a drag race crate engine they can get away without running Stoichometry. And they have a good EFI system so 12.4 is a safe number for 14.5 psi of boost.

The Supercharger, based again on simple math, says that the supercharger is taking away about 100 hp from the Engine HP number and that lower HP number is feeding the transmission.

Looks like you have a good S/C unit there Tom

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 03-03-2019, 05:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack P. View Post
What kind of HP do you plan on getting. Will that Demon blower be large enough for a built 426?
93 or E85?
No E85 available here at the pump, and I prefer not to use drum. So 91 octane pump.

I already use Boostane due to the hot temps we have here. One can per 18 gal fill up. Seems to work well. Since I will have IAT's in the ~ 40F degree range from the interchiller, using water/meth has no cooling benefit and the 118 octane of the 100% methanol combined with the cold IAT's should eliminate any detonation and allow for some additional timing.

There are guys using the smaller Hellcat supercharger on 426's, and it seems to work, but I don't think its optimal. The larger Demon unit is a better solution. I did not want to go Magnuson or Whipple. The factory look is appealing to me. And I will keep the boost very close to the stock Demon 14-15# range. No more.

Whatever I get with the additional size (+50ci), internal parts and Thitek heads will be more than good.

Old 03-04-2019, 01:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post
The Chrysler info says the Demon Supercharger is a 2.7L per revolution unit.
They also say it can move 33000 liters of air in a minute.
Simple math say at 14.5 psi they are spinning the supercharger 12,222 supercharger rpm.

Not a big rpm number like a Lysholm Screw Supercharger (18,000) but still a very respectable supercharger rpm.
The Liters per minute or airflow works out to about a 1165 cfm supercharger unit.

1165 cfm (assuming a 12.4 air/ fuel ratio) says they are playing it a bit safe on the tune-up. Being a drag race crate engine they can get away without running Stoichometry. And they have a good EFI system so 12.4 is a safe number for 14.5 psi of boost.

The Supercharger, based again on simple math, says that the supercharger is taking away about 100 hp from the Engine HP number and that lower HP number is feeding the transmission.

Looks like you have a good S/C unit there Tom

Tom V.
-------------------------------------------
As usual, your numbers are very helpful. And the 100HP parasitic for the Demon supercharger tracks with that of the Hellcat. Its generally accepted that the smaller Hellcat supercharger has an ~80 HP parasitic.

Old 08-23-2019, 10:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack P. View Post
93 or E85?
So I have been off working for a while. The Hellcat should be out of the shop in another 2 weeks. I delayed the bigger engine (426) for now. Have to many irons in the fire and need to wrap up some things.

I am having the Demon supercharger put on the Hellcat. I did a cylinder head exchange with BES, and they sent Demon heads back with their pro-port work. The Hellcat and Demon head castings are the same, but the Demon has better valves to live in the hotter environment of the higher boost. So essentially, at this point, I have cloned the Hellcat engine to a Demon, and modified from there.

Other mods getting done are OST Dyno Demon plus cam & kit, springs, ti retainers, +10% lower pinned ATI dampener, larger idlers for better belt wrap, new Demon hydraulic roller lifters, heavier Manley pushrods, Fore Innovations staged dual fuel pump setup with Fore rails, Aeromotive boost referenced regulator with return (factory setup is dead head). All fuel lines are PTFE lined with #10 up to Y, #8 thru rails to regulator and #8 return. Also, a Pro Meth methanol injection setup, with the supercharger lid getting 6 nozzles (3 per side) placed over the 2 internal heat exchangers. Already had Stainless Works 2" headers

The last mod is an FIINTERCHILLER setup. We scrapped the air to liquid factory stuff in favor of the best chiller on the planet, made in Austrailia. A race comp, stage 2 setup that takes IAT's to sub 60 degrees in 105+ degree summer weather. In cooler times of the year, IAT's can be well under 32 degrees.

Also putting a Demon torque converter in, have a CCI driveshaft and the Demon 3.09 rearend ratio with a Per4mance DIRS brace. AAD adjustable suspension parts with the spherical bearing upgrade.

With 91 pump, a 32 oz of Boostane in the tank and the meth injection, were only shooting for 15# of boost. A nice conservative tune.

In the near future (EOY) I am going to make the switch to E85. There are finally enough stations with this available to make it reliably available. When I make that switch, we will re-pulley for 18# and put bigger injectors in it.

As for power, with the pump gas setup we should see low 800's on the tire. Maybe make the teens, but to keep from hurting anything, we will not be pushing the timing.

Once we switch to E85, should be around 900 at the tire. We will be close to the safe limit of the bottom end at this point. Rods seem to be the culprit. Molnar has a very strong drop in Hellcat/Demon rod upgrade. I would also upgrade the pin to a Trend H13 with the DLC coating.

Last edited by Tom McQueen; 08-23-2019 at 11:02 AM.
Old 04-18-2021, 11:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

So I was having a lot of problems with the modified injectors that got used on my Hellcat engine build. Finally threw them in the trash and got a set of ID1300X.
Then I had a very good Hellcat tuner from back east do a remote tune on it at a local dyno shop. That was 2 days ago.
It made 899.5 HP and 765 FT LBS TQ at the tire.
I think its safe to say the engine is making 1000FWHP. This is on E85.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dyno_run.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	564969  

Old 04-18-2021, 11:55 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Damn that’s a lot of power. I love our Hellcat- it’s a tame daily until you stand in it. I can’t imagine it with a extra 300 HP!

Old 04-19-2021, 02:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie66 View Post
What will be next, 1200hp crate engines ?lol It started at 500hp then 650 - 750 then the demon 800hp now 1000! haha . I guess ill have to put a second turbo on my car! haha...
What a time to be alive