Non Pontiac Motors in Pontiacs includes factory 403,305,350 Chevy, Buick V6,
Also Pontiac Motors in non-Pontiacs!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-16-2021, 02:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Locating LS Engine

I'm making good progress on installing my little 5.3 starter engine. I wasn't sure what kind of pre-fab mounts would be right for my car. I decided to use universal engine mounts. They look nicer and are rock solid. So now I'm trying to locate it properly before I fit weld up the frame side mounts. I know that the Pontiac engine was offset to the passenger side. The passenger frame stand is 1/2" shorter than the driver side on. Now they set on and angle, so that's not a full 1/2" offset. Anyone have any suggestions on how, and where, to measure? Needs to be level side to side, centered so the centerline of the crank is parallel with the frame, and angled up to closely match the angle of the pinion under load. Something like that. I wish I had taken some measurements before I removed the 455.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LS Mount 1.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	566703   Click image for larger version

Name:	LS Mount 2.jpg
Views:	435
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	566704   Click image for larger version

Name:	LS Engine.jpg
Views:	387