Old 05-31-2021, 02:45 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Suggestions for projector headlight conversion

I am looking to upgrade the headlights in my 79 TA to a projection type headlight. I am looking for more functionality than look but looks are important. I cant find photos of any TAs with the conversion.
Some have the option of daytime running lights and turn signals. Has anyone done a projection conversion or Does anyone have any suggestions as there are multiple options available.

Old 06-02-2021, 02:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

i cant comment on projectors but i just put in Vision X LED's and OMFG..... they are absolutely AWESOME
looks are nice, compared to other gaudy looking 4*6's LEDs
Vision X also has an adaptor so that lows will be on while high is activated and let me tell you simply amazing
Vision X is QUALITY and NOT cheap, neither was the H4 Hella's that i installed a few years ago with Zxe bulbs, but these LED's BLOW the H4's away
i also use the Painless Performance relay kit
everything was true plug and play
and truly amazing.... VERY bight WHITE light, no issues with oncoming traffic, and i also have both Halos on too, which give a little extra light sorta of light driving lights
i bought them from Summit, but you can get from Vision X or other places
i did buy 4 wiring adaptors for the low/hi beams and so glad i did
talk about enhancing nighttime safety

headlight revolution has many options and carry quality items
GTR LED bulbs are another great option to consider, but again... you pay for the quality
i plan on them next year

Old 06-03-2021, 12:22 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
i cant comment on projectors but i just put in Vision X LED's and OMFG..... they are absolutely AWESOME
looks are nice, compared to other gaudy looking 4*6's LEDs
Vision X also has an adaptor so that lows will be on while high is activated and let me tell you simply amazing
Vision X is QUALITY and NOT cheap, neither was the H4 Hella's that i installed a few years ago with Zxe bulbs, but these LED's BLOW the H4's away
i also use the Painless Performance relay kit
everything was true plug and play
and truly amazing.... VERY bight WHITE light, no issues with oncoming traffic, and i also have both Halos on too, which give a little extra light sorta of light driving lights
i bought them from Summit, but you can get from Vision X or other places
i did buy 4 wiring adaptors for the low/hi beams and so glad i did
talk about enhancing nighttime safety

headlight revolution has many options and carry quality items
GTR LED bulbs are another great option to consider, but again... you pay for the quality
i plan on them next year
05-31-2021 01:45 PM
Thank you for your input on this. Can I get model numbers or what vision x setup and what GTR LED setup I would be looking at? And any needed adapters as described.
Thank you

Old 06-03-2021, 12:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

https://www.visionxusa.com/shop/4-x-...led-headlight/

i bought these through summit

DKIT is what you want (4 lights total)
and you may want 4 wiring harnesses if you want all lows to go on when highs are hit
personal choice

AWESOME quality
decent looks
and superb lighting

Check out head light revolutions website for the GTR LED's
but hold your britches if you plan to buy a lot of them, not cheap, but GREAT parts for sure

Old 06-04-2021, 05:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

i forgot to add that i used the painless performance headlight wire relay kit when i first put in the Hella H4 conversion lights.
that relay kit alone, even with the regular headlights made a difference.
I did have to move a wire on the connector which the instructions mentioned. if i recall it was related to high beam use.
i want to say that kit might have been about $100 (or probably less)
i don't think it would be needed with when using the Vision X's as LEDs draw much less power
just thought i would add that in
i have photos of the VisionX's but its on my wifes phone, need to figure how to get it to my laptop