Old 07-05-2021, 12:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You may have seen the thread where I am helping with a friends 66 gto heating issues, standard size non-AC aluminum radiator (not a cold case). In his case, heating issue is only at 65mph+, no issue at slower speeds.

He has a pretty restrictive exhaust system, so we will see if any improvements made after going to a full 2.5" mandrel bend system with H and ram air manifolds later in August- as the manifolds are currently back ordered.

If not, we will need to take a closer look at the radiator because we have done everything else!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

68 Firebird-- Street/Strip - 400/461 Eagle Forged Bottom End & Ross Flat top pistons. KRE 325 CFM D port, Ultradyne 263/271 @.050, .4267 lift. Crower Solid roller lifters and 1.65 stainless rockers. Quickfuel 1000 on Torker2 intake and 2" open spacer. Hedman 1.75" headers. TH400 w/brake. Ford 9" w/3.80 gears & 28x9 Hoosier pro bracket drag radial. Best ET: 1.35 60ft, 6.29 @ 107.20 mph, 9.99 @132.33 mph. 3,300 race weight
Old 07-05-2021, 01:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Mine used to puke coolant after shutdown. Had a 1/4" gap in the pump between vanes and plate. Fixed that and never puked since. I also had a 3 row brass radiator which was not correct for the car and replaced it with a Cold case. Done. No more temp issues. '74 455, no A/C.

George