Old 07-11-2021, 07:37 PM
Senior Chief

Default Red 69 Firebird 3 point Seat Belt replacement help...

So my 3 point seat belts (aftermarket something awful and cheap) in my 69 Bird are just plain old pissing me off due to snagging on the console, or the seat, returns don't work all the time leaving the buckle in the door jamb to dangle. They aren't original GM, and the interior has been changed to red, I believe it's a PUI vinyl color.

I'm not sure if the car originally had 3 point seat belts or they were added later.The PHS documentation for my car says "Belts-Dlx" with a code of 431.

I'd rather get the Deluxe GM seat belts as they work better and the latch type I have now just suck, get stuck underneath the console and seats, etc, etc.

Who makes these as a kit that anyone here has used? Done some searching and I found some vendors offering kits.

Firebird Central has black for $360 for a set.
Classic has other colors but not red for the same money.
Seat Belts Plus has the right color, but it says it's for a conversion from 2 point to their 3 point setup, not an original 3 point GM setup.
https://www.seatbeltsplus.com/product/SBGM11F.html

Has anyone else gone through this to retrofit their 69 Bird seat belts back to stock?

Let me know if you can help. Thanks in advance!

Jim Seavall
jim@scumbackspeakers.com