Old 06-27-2021, 07:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I guess it would depend on if there were rules or it was run what you brung.

I have the best for Cooper being 0.141 quicker in the 1/4 than Justin. On those 1/4 runs Justin was running legal NHRA Pro Mod., which means he was not running his normal fuel and had to get smaller Turbo Chargers. I am not sure, but I think he may have also had to add some weight to be legal.

Stan

David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization - Cam Selection Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
Download FREE 14 Trial IOP / Flow Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV/Flow_..._Day_Trial.php
Pontiac Pump Gas List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_gas.htm
Using PMD Block and Heads List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_pmd.htm
Old 06-27-2021, 07:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarblik View Post
To make a match race like that happen, one or both of the guys would need to get in touch with Pete Woodruff a year in advance. They would both need to explain what they had in mind, how many runs, 1/8 mile or quarter mile, what type of promotion they plan to provide and other details. You would think they could just show up, pull to the line and drag race for fun, but it rarely works that way in the past 20+ years with fast cars like this. We attempted to put a match together with Justin years ago when Street Outlaws was really hot and it was very complicated. His production schedule and other commitments were a factor. He expects to be paid and paid well as a TV star and fan draw. We were a little faster and louder, and he didn't see any real upside from doing it. It's not as simple as it seems. Would be fun to see though.

I talked to one of the owners of Tulsa Speedway, around the height of "Outlaw Mania" Chief had a set fee for being at an event. I'm not remembering the specific amount, but it was around 5 grand...just for him, not including the Nova or anyone else to race him. Norwalk might be able to do something like that, but I don't know the profitability of their event.

THe first year that the they had the Outlaw Armageddon in Noble, Oklahoma, it was bonkers, how many folks attended THAT even, but has not been AS crazy since. Not sure the mania is still out there for Chief or ANY outlaw event...

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...
Old 06-27-2021, 10:15 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Weiss View Post
I guess it would depend on if there were rules or it was run what you brung.

I have the best for Cooper being 0.141 quicker in the 1/4 than Justin. On those 1/4 runs Justin was running legal NHRA Pro Mod., which means he was not running his normal fuel and had to get smaller Turbo Chargers. I am not sure, but I think he may have also had to add some weight to be legal.

Stan
So now we're talking about Chief's CrowMod, instead of the GTO? The internet is a crazy thing to keep up with.

Old 06-27-2021, 11:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by opeliac View Post
So now we're talking about Chief's CrowMod, instead of the GTO? The internet is a crazy thing to keep up with.
Doesn't he run the same engine in both? As far as the GTO. It maybe a better chassis than the Crow Mod. My understand is that the GTO chassis ran 5's (not with Pontiac power) before Justin got it.

Stan

David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization - Cam Selection Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
Download FREE 14 Trial IOP / Flow Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV/Flow_..._Day_Trial.php
Pontiac Pump Gas List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_gas.htm
Using PMD Block and Heads List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_pmd.htm
Old 07-12-2021, 06:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to adam woodmancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Weiss View Post
Does anyone know just how much faster Tommy's car is now with the ProLine Hemi than when it had the KRE Pontiac? Last I had seen I was surprised in that there was not that much decrease in et with the ProLine

Stan
My understanding is that the big advantage to the proline vs the Pontiac is that the proline is not beating itself to death every single pass like the Pontiac was. Extremely high maintenance at that level, even more so with a Pontiac motor. That came straight from the horses mouth

Quarter-Max Chassis and Racing Components
Old 07-12-2021, 07:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam woodmancy View Post
My understanding is that the big advantage to the proline vs the Pontiac is that the proline is not beating itself to death every single pass like the Pontiac was. Extremely high maintenance at that level, even more so with a Pontiac motor. That came straight from the horses mouth
At that HP level, that's reasonable to believe. It's just a limitation of the basic design. Which way would you design an engine that is trying to have the crankshaft pushed right out of the block and on to the ground? Hold it in the block with a metal strap and 4 bolts on three mains and only 2 on the ends? Or have an entire structure wedged into the block being held in with 6 fasteners per main ? Horizontal and vertical support on all of them? But I still love my Pontiacs and they will live for a while at 3500 HP. I understand why only a crazy few try to run them at big HP levels.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mgarblik For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2021, 09:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If KRE made their billet block with Hemi/LS mains like LSM and Visner does the caps "waving in the wind" issue would be minimized.
Inline valves are stable too.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dragncar For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2021, 10:51 AM
Suspended

A Pontiac engine what a Pontiac engine is, it will NEVER outrun a Proline Hemi or a Proline whatever......people need to get over it!

GTO George

Old 07-13-2021, 11:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
A Pontiac engine what a Pontiac engine is, it will NEVER outrun a Proline Hemi or a Proline whatever......people need to get over it!

GTO George
A Pontiac has, will and will continue to outrun Proline Hemi's and 481X engines. It may not out power them but without a doubt the right guys can out run them.

Old 07-13-2021, 11:07 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL K View Post
A Pontiac has, will and will continue to outrun Proline Hemi's and 481X engines. It may not out power them but without a doubt the right guys can out run them.
Come on you know what I mean!

GTO George

The Following User Says Thank You to GTOGEORGE For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2021, 11:13 AM
Suspended

You can only reinvent the wheel so many times!

GTO George

Old 07-13-2021, 07:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragncar View Post
If KRE made their billet block with Hemi/LS mains like LSM and Visner does the caps "waving in the wind" issue would be minimized.
Inline valves are stable too.
Agree. KRE, LSM or anyone with a 5 axis machine and programming skills could do that. Then you get into the whole "Is it a Pontiac" argument that has been beat to death on the forums. I also agree the inline valvetrain is simple and reliable. It's a little like the chicken and the egg to me. If your going to do all that to the bottom end why not just buy one that's on the shelf from Proline? That may have been Mr. Youmans thoughts as well.

The Following User Says Thank You to mgarblik For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2021, 08:41 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

To answer the OP's question.....NO.