Exhaust TECH Mufflers, Headers and Pipes Issues

Old 02-12-2000, 01:08 PM

Who makes a complete replacement exhaust system for a 68 Lemans? I would like the system to be 2 1/4",have a crossover (either X or H ), be aluminized and mandrel formed. If I have to buy mufflers seperate, what brands are good? The car has a 350 and is a daily driver, but I buy the best I can afford for it. Thanks Mark.

Old 02-12-2000, 01:08 PM

Who makes a complete replacement exhaust system for a 68 Lemans? I would like the system to be 2 1/4",have a crossover (either X or H ), be aluminized and mandrel formed. If I have to buy mufflers seperate, what brands are good? The car has a 350 and is a daily driver, but I buy the best I can afford for it. Thanks Mark.

Old 02-12-2000, 02:50 PM

Personal opinion on the mufflers is the flowmaster 3 chamber. I put them on my tow vehicle and am extremely pleased.They aren't loud[you can hear it run], mileage increased,and appear to be a well built unit.As for the exhaust system I don't know who makes one prebent. I have all of mine custom bent and have h pipes installed also.

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 02-12-2000, 04:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Mark,
I have Torque Tech systems on both my 74 TA and 70 GTO. They are mandrel bent and aluminized (?). Very good quality. The systems I use are 3", but I believe they also make 2.5". You can get the systems with mufflers (Flowmasters, Dynomax, etc) or without and use your own.

Old 02-25-2000, 12:00 AM
Administrator

If you are going for originality, Gardner Exhaust has done their homework and sell complete correct exhaust sytems down to the hangers and clamps. Eric is one of our moderators and unselfishly did not promote his own company for this post.

Old 03-08-2000, 01:23 AM

So where is Mr. Gardners shop located. I'm looking to upgrade my '68 GTO exhaust

I guess.......(Red Green)
Old 03-08-2000, 08:35 AM

You can contact Gardner at (914) 876-8117, that's in Rhinebeck, NY. His office phone forwards to his home, so he's pretty easy to reach. He's got a web page at www.gardnerexhaust.com and it has some pics of the products he carries, as well as some great WAV files of different Pontiacs. And, no, I'm not associated with the company in any way - I just ordered a complete system from him the other day, and from everything hear and read, for fit and OEM quality, he's the man.

[This message has been edited by irishman (edited 03-09-2000).]

Old 03-09-2000, 09:11 PM

Sounds interesting, but your site can't be found.

Maurice

[This message has been edited by Maurice Hood (edited 03-09-2000).]

Old 03-09-2000, 10:24 PM

Sorry for the typo in the link. This works: www.gardnerexhaust.com/