Collectibles WANTED DieCast, models, memorabilia

Old 04-22-2009, 06:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wow, Jim that is pretty cool. Is that one for sale?

I know they are in business still, and not far from you too. Only about an hour and a half from me as well.

I should make a road trip out there to see if they will let me scour their old records, and see if they have old stuff leftover like that trunk emblem.

Old 04-22-2009, 06:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge273 View Post
Wow, Jim that is pretty cool. Is that one for sale?

I know they are in business still, and not far from you too. Only about an hour and a half from me as well.

I should make a road trip out there to see if they will let me scour their old records, and see if they have old stuff leftover like that trunk emblem.
Actually Mike,You should come up here this weekend for the Jefferson car show/swap meet.Than we can finish out conversation with a ride in my Formula ( this time leave your son home).

As for the dealer trunk emblem from Wilde Pontiac,this one is the only one I have.I will try sometime in the near future to see if they have any that are available for sale.Maybe than I will cut one loose. Sorry, Jim

Old 04-22-2009, 11:23 PM
Senior Chief

If any of you guys have anything on the following dealers, I'm buying:

-Acon Pontiac, Midland, PA (72 Hurst SSJ)
-Tidball Pontiac, Killbuck, OH (71 Hurst SSJ)
-Eischeid Pontiac, Edmond, OK (71 Hurst SSJ)

Harvey

Old 04-23-2009, 01:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge273 View Post

Unfortunately, they coughed up the Pontiac francise last year. Now they are JAP CRAP Central. Yes, the now Wilde Group, sells Honda, Isuzu, Nissan, Toyota, and Suzuki. Very sad!
Wisconsin's famous Pontiac motor guru Dan Whitmore got his start there as a mechanic in the late 60's. In the day, they sold NUMEROUS great high level Pontiacs including the Atoll Blue 70 RAIV Judge convert. going through the Mecum auction soon, two of the 70 RAIV T/A's, and yes, a great 71 white Judge. (That I should have kept) I know, it has a great home Mike! You have done a nice job on her.

Wilde Pontiac closes
Owner will use land to expand selection of other makes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By MELISSA RIGNEY BAXTER - Special to GM Today
February 26, 2008

WAUKESHA – Say goodbye to Wilde Pontiac.

The building at 1603 E. Moreland Blvd. will be razed in the next few days, says Pat Donahue, vice president of Wilde Chrysler Jeep Dodge, Wilde Honda and Wilde Toyota, to make way for an expansion of the Wilde Chrysler Jeep Dodge franchises.

A new building will soon begin to take shape at highways 18 and 164, expanding west to include the site of the former Pontiac dealership.

"We made the decision in order to expand into all three Chrysler franchises," Donahue said. "We needed to commit more room and real estate. We made the decision to not go forward with Pontiac, which by itself grew as a result of General Motors’ decision (for Pontiac) to become a narrow car line."

Since 1984, Donahue said manufacturers have come to expect dealerships to combine products all owned by the same manufacturer. In 2003, Wilde purchased the local Chrysler franchise, adding the Jeep franchise in October 2007.

Offering the three franchises, Donahue said Wilde offers everything from passenger cars and vans to jeeps, trucks and sport utility vehicles.

Last edited by Uncle Judge; 04-23-2009 at 01:32 AM.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanx for the update Jeff. What a great dealership history for Pontiac in Wisco. They had a nice run.

Jim, I still want a ride in the formy! Maybe Larry could clone that trunk emblem...

Old 02-21-2014, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssj71 View Post
If any of you guys have anything on the following dealers, I'm buying:

-Eischeid Pontiac, Edmond, OK (71 Hurst SSJ)

Harvey
Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM2631.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	353891 Wanted to show you for one would look like!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-27-2014, 04:44 PM
Senior Chief

Default Pontiac Dealer Emblems

I see this is an OLD thread, but I just found these this week?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (2).jpg
Views:	60
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	354777