73-77 A-body TECH Includes 73GTO, LeMans, Grand Am, Can Am

Old 11-07-2016, 03:46 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default HEADLIGHT TRIM BEZELS WANTED

I am looking for a member that has a set of used headlight trim bezels that fit a '73 Grand Am for purchase. You can call or text me. Thank You.

Sean
949-500-8940

1973 Pontiac Grand Am ERL built 430 CI LS7, Brodix STS BR7 heads, Magnum T-56 6-speed, Modulare 19" wheels, QA1/Global West/Speedtech suspension, Wilwood 6/4 piston brakes. BMW Donnington Gray paint. All wrapped up in a Hurst Pontiac tribute theme.
Old 11-07-2016, 07:17 PM

Are those the same as the ones used on a 73 Lemans or GTO?

Old 11-07-2016, 07:31 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Yes, I believe they are the same.

1973 Pontiac Grand Am ERL built 430 CI LS7, Brodix STS BR7 heads, Magnum T-56 6-speed, Modulare 19" wheels, QA1/Global West/Speedtech suspension, Wilwood 6/4 piston brakes. BMW Donnington Gray paint. All wrapped up in a Hurst Pontiac tribute theme.
Old 11-07-2016, 08:23 PM

Well that give us more options for cars to look for on the bezels. Do you know if any other year Pontiac A bodies use the same bezel? I could use a pair also. Mine are slightly pitted. I guess they could have the pits repaired and be rechromed if necessary.

I am also looking for a rear bumper black rub strip. If you come across a decent spare let me know. I am going to check out some old car wrecking yards here this weekend. No real rust here just everything is sun cooked!

Old 11-08-2016, 12:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The 73 Grand Am headlight bezels aren't the same as any other bezels. One year, one car only. They are heavy, chromed pot metal.

The 73 Lemans, GTO, etc are lightweight anodized aluminum bezels, and otherwise just not the same.

Old 11-08-2016, 02:41 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand73Am View Post
The 73 Grand Am headlight bezels aren't the same as any other bezels. One year, one car only. They are heavy, chromed pot metal.

The 73 Lemans, GTO, etc are lightweight anodized aluminum bezels, and otherwise just not the same.
Thanks Steve. Guess I will have to consider having mine re chromed. I have this knack for picking one year only bodystyles that I like...

Old 11-08-2016, 11:58 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Well thanks for the clarification on that. That will make it harder to find.

Old 11-10-2016, 01:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Do you not have any?

I have some.

The main problem with this type of bezel is because they are pot metal, it's hard to find them with chrome that isn't pitted. If you want show quality, you'd have to have them rechromed by a chrome shop that is capable of doing a good job on pot metal, which involves filling in the pits, so they'll be smooth again. Just a regular bumper rechroming place may not fix the pits, and then you get back shiny bezels with chrome plated pits, which is a waste of money. The rechroming won't be cheap. Of course, the better the bezels are, the better the end result. Or, if show quality isn't necessary, bezels with some light pitting might be acceptable for driver quality, and you wouldn't have the expense of rechroming.

Anyway, if you're interested, let me know and I'll take some pics and price them. Thanks, Steve

Old 11-21-2016, 09:48 PM

Had mine rechromed by Atlantic Coast Plating in Athens, TN. They did a great job but it's not cheap. Best I remember it was around 225 - 250. But when you have no other options.....