Pontiac - Boost Turbo, supercharged, Nitrous, EFI & other Power Adders discussed here.

Old 12-27-2017, 01:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default KRE

I figured I would post some good when someone does the right thing. I had KRE D ports on my car for years now. The heads had a leak (both) at the lowest exhaust bolt bosses. It was a porosity issue. I had spoke to Jeff at Kauffman a while ago, he said when I take them off to send them to him. It took me a while, but Jeff did not forget we spoke. Fast forward to last year, I pulled them after I broke a piston, sent them to KRE. They welded the heads and sent them back. The welds did not work once I torqued the heads.
I called Jeff again, he said to send them back. I waited another season. Since I was changing to an automatic this winter, I pulled the motor and took the heads off and shipped them back.

Instead of having them switch the valves over, they gave me the 310 cfm cnc port, They also gasket matched the intake for me.( I bought a Northwind)

KRE did stand behind there product, Jeff was great to deal with. He told me they should ship before Christmas. (2 weeks after he got my heads) They arrived today.

I am glad to see a company deal with a small guy like me with a d port head and treat me the same as a big customer. If you have any doubt about using KRE, don't . STAND UP GUY'S! I will make them proud with my time slip this season!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2686.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	470999

Old 12-27-2017, 07:39 AM
Boost Engineer

So these are new D-Port 310 cfm heads now?

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 12-27-2017, 09:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post
So these are new D-Port 310 cfm heads now?

Tom V.
Yes the old ones had a porosity issue. So they sent me new ones. I had a pair of the early castings.

Old 12-27-2017, 02:08 PM
Boost Engineer

At the end of the day, they did right by you on the 310 heads.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 12-27-2017, 03:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Glad to hear some good news for once about some heads on here. That was a stand up thing to do. Just goes to show nice things happen to nice people

6.98 @ 199mph
4.53 @ 164mph
Old 12-27-2017, 03:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Jspont, im running kre D "310" heads too. Circus 2008. What year were your old ones that were poris? How did you know they were leaking? Well i guess thats obvious if they were leaking coolant. Thx

'78 Macho T/A DKM#95, 460cid, SRP pistons, KRE 310 D ports,
3" pypes, Hooker 1 3/4" headers, hydraulic roller,
10" Continental, 3.42 gears
11.5 @117.5mph 3900lbs
([_|_] ##\|/##[_|_])
Old 12-27-2017, 04:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

"KRE did stand behind there product, Jeff was great to deal with."

Count your blessings. He must of kept the fact from daddy !

Sponsor of the world's fastest Pontiac powered Ford Fairmont (engine)
5.14 at 140 mph (1/8 mile) , true 10.5 tire, stock type suspension
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDoJnIP3HgE
Old 12-27-2017, 07:36 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via ICQ to Hammertime Mike

Nice to see a positive post about one of our big vendors. We all like to be treated fair. And that includes our vendors. Thanks for the post.

Old 12-27-2017, 08:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Awesome.

Old 12-27-2017, 11:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckmastr View Post
Glad to hear some good news for once about some heads on here. That was a stand up thing to do. Just goes to show nice things happen to nice people
Thanks Billy, I will have to take a trip to Cecil or MIR this season to see your car run!

Old 12-27-2017, 11:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonmachota78 View Post
Jspont, im running kre D "310" heads too. Circus 2008. What year were your old ones that were poris? How did you know they were leaking? Well i guess thats obvious if they were leaking coolant. Thx
My original ones were stock not 310. The lower inner exhaust head bolt right at the 90 where my head stud bolt sat was leaking. You would think it was a head gasket leaking up from the bolt. Both heads. When I stopped the car, you would keep hearing a hot water hitting a steaming header noise. It took the paint on the block off all the time. My heads were older than that, but Jeff from KRE new about it because I called him. We spoke every so often. He never forgot and tried to weld them 1st. It did not work because then I torqued the head bolt, it crushed the weld.
The reason I posted it was all the bashing that goes on, it is nice to hear a good ending sometimes!!
And it worked out because I bought the intake from them while I was at it. I will order from them when I need anything now.

Old 01-01-2018, 12:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Jeff has done the right thing for me as well!! KRE will always get my business.