Collectibles WANTED DieCast, models, memorabilia

Old 08-19-2009, 12:07 AM
Senior Chief

Default WTB 67 Hurst Grand Prix Information

Any and all pictures of Linda Vaughn in 1967.

Any and all "Hurst Defenders Club" Magazines, posters, contests, Patches, decals, anything at all.

Any and all pictures of the three 1967 Pontiac Grand Prix's that were built for Hurst and had a platform/shifter/wheels etc. on board, cars by themeselves, on the drag strip, anywhere, anything.

Pictures attached.

The GP (in the picture) with the Gold inserts on the hood and trunk was one of the three built and is currently owned by Doc Watson.

The one I have is all black on the top and was driven by Geo Hurst as his daily driver when not used for promo work.

The third car was destroyed when it fell off of a transport on the way to a show.

Thanks

Mike Pemberton
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	505PMOTrophyGirl.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	178578   Click image for larger version

Name:	1967GrandPrix-front-thumb.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	138.0 KB
ID:	178579   Click image for larger version

Name:	Linda Hurst 5.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	178580   Click image for larger version

Name:	Linda Hurst 6.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	178581   Click image for larger version

Name:	Linda Hurst 8.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	178582  

Old 09-21-2009, 11:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have a scan of the Hurst DEFENDERS decal. Often thought about reproducing it as a T-shirt (I'm a screenprinter) but worried about copyright issues.

1971 GT-37 - 350/M38, Rosewood Metallic/Black
www.GT-37.org
Old 09-22-2009, 02:52 AM
Senior Chief

Default Thanks for responding

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPC-WU2 View Post
I have a scan of the Hurst DEFENDERS decal. Often thought about reproducing it as a T-shirt (I'm a screenprinter) but worried about copyright issues.
I have also an actual decal. It's not very big. I'm on vacation right now and won't be home for a month.

Hurst Performance as we know it today has not shown any interest in the car I am building or the past history of Geo and the Defenders club. They just want to sell the new ready rockets they are striping and painting up. They are comming out with some mods to the engines , like bolt on superchargers and shifters.

I am sure they could give rats arse, as I have told them all about the history. I am sure a letter from them stating they have no interest in The Defenders Club rights would be great, trying to get one might be another story.

I am going to get the patches done. You may want a pictures of it also as I would like to talk with you further about shirts and maybe some jackets.

Cant do it until I get back, but will try to remember, if you put me on your calander for Nov 1st I am sure we can hook up.

Thanks again,

Mike Pemberton

Old 09-22-2009, 03:35 PM
Senior Chief

Funny...they talk about the company's history on their website and in ads, but like many corporations, don't truly stay connected to their past. I guess mentioning a couple of the company's highlights is enough for them.

I'd love to see them develop a one or two-man research team operating a nostalgia or history department that's web accessible. There so much history with Hurst that should be uncovered, documented, and published...

Old 09-22-2009, 04:03 PM
Senior Chief

Default Doc Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssj71 View Post
Funny...they talk about the company's history on their website and in ads, but like many corporations, don't truly stay connected to their past. I guess mentioning a couple of the company's highlights is enough for them.

I'd love to see them develop a one or two-man research team operating a nostalgia or history department that's web accessible. There so much history with Hurst that should be uncovered, documented, and published...
Do you know the name?

He was Geo Hursts go to guy and employed by Hurst to do all of the set ups and grafics early and through factory production.

Hurst has now hired Him Doctor "emeritus" at their new center where they are doing thePontiacs and Challengers.

He of all people, and a few others I have contacted do have most of the history.

I bought the car from his exec stry and she is still alive. Her son lives about a half an hour from here.

I full agreement, they should, but they won't.

Mike

Old 09-22-2009, 10:51 PM
Senior Chief

Mike,

PM me when you get an opportunity.

Harvey

Old 09-23-2009, 03:41 AM
Senior Chief

Default Should Clarify

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssj71 View Post
Mike,

PM me when you get an opportunity.

Harvey
I bought the car from Geo Hurst's Secretary, not Doc's Sec.

I think Doc's sec was Linda Vaughn ?

PM sent,

Mike