Old 06-14-2005, 05:13 AM

I have two 69 Judges. One is original paint but was a special order color (Goldenrod Yellow). The other is a repaint of the original color (Burgandy). I notice on the yellow car that the GTO emblems on the lower front fenders have black lines between the letters. These same lines on the burgandy car are painted body color. Which was correct for a stock non special paint Judge I assume that the black lines are correct since the car is original but there are other screwy things about this car caused by the special paint. So should I repaint the lines on the burgandy car black?

Old 06-14-2005, 05:13 AM

I have two 69 Judges. One is original paint but was a special order color (Goldenrod Yellow). The other is a repaint of the original color (Burgandy). I notice on the yellow car that the GTO emblems on the lower front fenders have black lines between the letters. These same lines on the burgandy car are painted body color. Which was correct for a stock non special paint Judge I assume that the black lines are correct since the car is original but there are other screwy things about this car caused by the special paint. So should I repaint the lines on the burgandy car black?

Old 06-14-2005, 09:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Correct would be body color, but so many leave them chrome after repaints/replacement of emblems...

Old 06-16-2005, 06:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

the bar should be painted the body color. MOST body shops DONT know this & is often forgotten

get some touch up paint & paint by hand

AC Cobra Kit Car 521 670 HP/715 Trq
LOOKING FOR V PARTS !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-16-2005, 04:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I would be willing to bet that your car came
with black bars from the factory. Back when the cars were new, there was a separate part number for each color of background on these emblems.
They were painted long before they reached the assembly line. Because your car was a special order color, the assembly line had no emblems
for it in Goldenrod yellow, so they put on the black ones!