THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 05-02-2016, 11:41 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-man View Post
I call 'em as I see 'em.

As a Mod I would know.

Calling me a dick?

Not smart.

Quit while you're ahead.

Or not.
Got your bullet handy Barney?

http://youtu.be/x_wLVCLPx0

Old 05-02-2016, 11:42 PM

Got it.

Old 05-04-2016, 08:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirrotica View Post
Work at a buick dealership for oh say 3 years, see what comes through the door as far as customers. Retired people make up the bulk, as well as doctors and lawyers that want a staid looking car and maybe aren't really wanting to spend a pile of money on it (read cheap).

Buick is never ever going to be an excitement car line, they may have had a couple performance cars in the past, but they aren't going to be putting the bulk of their clientele in them. The Opel line brought more young people to Buick than probably anything else they've had, and that was decades ago.

Since most people look at their cars the same as a washer and dryer (appliances) and read Consumer Reports as a guideline of what to buy in automobiles buihog will keep selling cars at a much reduced number than Pontiac did.

Any dyed in wool Pontiac guy, especially after GM dropping Pontiac, isn't going to switch to buying buicks because Pontiac is no longer an option. GM conceivably lost any true Pontiac guy/girl forever by the closing of the Pontiac division.

Buy owning the Indianhead Acres T Shirt business, plus wearing my own shirts daily, I've talked to scores of former Pontiac customers/owners that won't ever buy another GM car, and I'm one of them. My wearing the T shirts many, many times start conversations about PMD and GM dropping of the division. Just talked to the security guy at Best Buy last night about the subject after he noticed my shirt.

GM thought of Pontiac people as GM people, WRONG. Surprisingly many Pontiac people are also ford people, look at Tom Vaught.............. I also sponsored 2 brothers by building their engines for a Pontiac dirt car that were ford lovers as well as Pontiac lovers

If I, "really would rather have a buick", I would have bought one years ago. I've never wanted a buick anything that they've offered at anytime during my lifetime, never will.

My wife would like a Jeep, and that's probably going to be our next new/newer car. Not a real fan of the shysler corp either, but I damn sure won't buy another GM anything.
Pretty much agree, but I am done with buying "new" anything, and that includes Ford, Chrysler/Fiat, and all the foreign makes. And GM did betray Pontiac (and Olds) loyal customers for years in "steps". First the different divisions engines thrown in there, then the look alike/drive alike cars of the '80s/'90s, then the eventual discontinuation of the divisions. I will just continue to enjoy and use my old Pontiacs and Oldsmobile into the "Golden years". I work on all makes of cars during the week, sure don't want to drive one when I am not there. And I will add that no Chevrolet has ever really "done it" for me either. Just look at the interior for instance of a '65 Grand Prix vs a '65 Impala, or a GTO vs a Chevelle.

Old 05-05-2016, 08:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Goatwgn makes a good point about the Pontiac interiors. It's interesting that as much as I love the traditional Pontiac V-8 and all the decades of work I have put into making them faster, it's the styling and interiors of the 60's Pontiacs that initially hooked me almost 50 years ago. The quality of the interior VS a Chevy of the era was like comparing a Yugo to a Rolls Royce. 50 years later, some Pontiac interiors are original and still in great shape. Virtually every Chevy interior is shredded beyond recognition in the wrecking yards. The difference is startling when you walk the yards. Exterior styling is subjective of course, but even hard core Chevy guys love the look of the dual scoop Pontiacs with the hood tach. Many of my die hard Mopar friends admit those Pontiac front ends were some of the best looking designs ever to come from GM.

Old 05-05-2016, 02:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Buick won't be the only one sent from China to North America to sell. The rest of GM is headed the same way.

Hopefully Trump will be elected and stop our jobs from leaving the US and going overseas. If you would notice, every business that has already left the US is send products back to us that cost more than when we made them here in our own country. IE.... Levis jeans. Check the price on a pair of their foreign made jeans and see what they cost now.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 05-05-2016, 03:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

A capitalist making companies produce in America?

That ain't capitalism .... And please use the other forum for politics.

Last edited by Diego; 05-05-2016 at 03:54 PM.