Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 04-20-2005, 05:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

True colors revealed. I hope all on the board and those we know are aware of the way they carry themselves and their business. Dave K.

Old 04-20-2005, 09:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Sportscar, I would never buy anything from you based on how you represent yourself on this forum. Your typing skills are horrible as is your Customer Service skills. I honestly don't know how you stay in Business. This is constructive criticism.

Old 04-20-2005, 10:06 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via AIM to SGTGTO

Thanks Sports Car Gallery. You have shown the members of this very extensive Pontiac group exactly how you do business and how you treat people. And once again, a GTO that has ONLY the hideaway doors, and nothing else, is not a hide-away GTO. Its a GTO with the hide-away grill. And yes i have seen much nicer numbers MATCHING 68 GTOs in much better condition for a LOWER price. Like i said, you win some you lose some. And by all means, post all the past comments i made about the car you want. It doesn't mean anything. Its like a new relationship with a girl.. everything is fine at first... you don't want to admit anything is wrong.. your just happy you have her... then the problems start to bug you.. then aggravate you. Not that you would know about relationships, you just seem to screw people

Old 04-21-2005, 03:27 AM

ladies, thank god that I am financially fortunate enough to not have to deal with chronically unhappy people. a nice new honda with a poor kid salesman doing somersaults for you approval will be much more to your liking. you really need to get out in the real world; and yes, stay away from mine. in the meantime, perhaps prozac will help?? best wishes...

Old 04-21-2005, 01:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Class Act.

Old 04-21-2005, 01:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Err,
I guess we wont be coming to see the 70 SE Challenger this weekend.

Nice looking car too, Only 20 grand.
Maybe for the best, long way from Carlisle anyway. Thought we found a jem, was gonna keep quiet about the car. Hopefully we will get lucky there.

I will keep looking.
Thanks for the heads up.

Old 04-21-2005, 06:50 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scott Esterle:
Class Act. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sounds more like what we call a "carlot tony" in this area.

no customer service, no class, no integrity and pretty soon no customers.

mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 04-21-2005, 11:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: The ObamaNation we once called the United States of America

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scott Esterle:
Class Act.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah....If I am ever in the market for a restored car OR a really nice driver you can be sure I wont do my bussiness with sportcar. Jeeze...what a way to represent yourself and your bussiness.
Seems to me like a few folks made some statements that caused him to be so defensive........usually a sign that they are true statements or at least partially true. Otherwise there wouldnt be a need to be so crude and defensive.

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security deserves neither and will loose both."-Benjamin Franklin
Old 04-22-2005, 07:59 AM
Senior Chief

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sportcar:
ladies, thank god that I am financially fortunate enough to not have to deal with chronically unhappy people. a nice new honda with a poor kid salesman doing somersaults for you approval will be much more to your liking. you really need to get out in the real world; and yes, stay away from mine. in the meantime, perhaps prozac will help?? best wishes...

If you were not financially fortunate would that make you honest </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old 04-22-2005, 09:35 AM

I have some advice when purchasing cars from a dealer. Don't do it! buy from a private individual who has owned the car for several years and knows the history of the car. I am not saying all dealers are bad but personally I would never buy from a dealer because they are only in it for the money and most of there prices are over inflated. I hate to see people buy cars without seeing them in person first, one persons opinion of a car is usually different than the next person. A car that looks nice standing five feet away could be a piece of junk up close when looking at all the fine details. I know of a local dealer to me that had a 67 GTO convert. that I had looked at before they got it. The car looked nice but was a former rust bucket that did not have the correct color combo and did not have the correct motor but was advertised as a totally numbers matching car and they were asking $18,000 more than what they paid for it. All you guys looking for classic cars please do your homework and never buy without seeing the car in person.

Old 04-22-2005, 10:30 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Obviously I ditto that---with bold print. I looked at others that individuals had--they were straight up honest with me before I ever went and looked at the cars. My inspection revealed just what firebirds67 said......descriptions and interpretations are different---some were too hard on their cars some were right on and one needed to look a little closer at what he had.
My personal policy is to look myself in the future. On my puchase pertinent to this forum subject, I talked to a guy that was suggested by the dealer. He was not an appraiser nor did he charge me a fee--just gave me his opinion of the car as he saw it. His opinion was different than mine or the two Resto-shops.

Cap & Robin Proffitt-GTOAA PR & Member Recruitment Team
Old 04-22-2005, 10:35 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Sorry--need to add more--I wasn't saying avoid a dealer-- just wanted to emphasise my opinion to look yourself. You are the only one that has what you want/expect in your mind. Cap

Cap & Robin Proffitt-GTOAA PR & Member Recruitment Team
Old 04-22-2005, 04:39 PM

Remember the old saying? "would you buy a used car from this guy"
NO!

MY SHOP-MY GATOR MY RULES
Old 04-23-2005, 04:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sportcar:
sgtgto, the hide-aways were manually operated and this was explained to you IN GREAT DETAIL PRIOR TO PURCHASE; REMEMBER?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
My headlights are "manually operated", which means they aren't automatic. That means I have to use a switch to turn them on, not crawl under the hood attaching wires.

Old 04-25-2005, 01:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

He may not be a bad person, just a bad businessman. I hope he changes his way of dealing with people. He will find it pays off much better in the end. Dave K.

Old 04-26-2005, 11:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Looks like others have had trouble too...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Eau Claire Cty. Cases

O'Brien v. Sports Car Gallery

Steven O'Brien, 2728 Pineview Rd., Eau Claire, filed for $3,202 against Sports Car Gallery of Beaver Falls, Beaver Falls, PA. Plaintiff represents self. Misrepresentation.

Steve O'Brien, 2728 Pineview Rd., Eau Claire, was awarded $3,454 in a judgment against Sports Car Gallery of Beaver Falls, Beaver Falls, PA. Misrepresentation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old 04-26-2005, 12:13 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Wow. Coming online and calling your customers names. Thats the kind of professionalism that reminds me of a certain machinst out west...

Old 04-26-2005, 04:48 PM

Well, I think we all learned a VERY important lesson here. Sportcar has wonderfully showed us how NOT to handle a situation like this in an internet post. It doesn't matter if the buyer's claims are true or not, he looks like an idiot.

1968 Lemans
1987 Buick Turbo T
Old 04-26-2005, 05:27 PM

This is Steve from the E-mail above. Cap called me to ask about my experience with Sports Car Gallery. Well I bought a 64 Plymouth Belvedere from Sports Car Gallery about 2 summers ago. I was promised in writting that this car was rust free and a show car trophy. I was told that "you will not find one nicer" and many things like this. I went on Dave's word from Sports Car Gallery and bought it sight unseen. When it arrived, it was a piece of junk. On the transport you could see the rust and bad body work in the car. It had holes thru the trunk floor, bubbling on the quarter panels, the chrome was all pitted, the bumpers bent, the engine ran very poor, and the engine,trans,and rear end all leaked fluids. The car was so far from what it was represented, that I called Sports Car back and they bought it back from me for $2000 less that I paid for it. I also had to pay the shipping fee. Sports Car made a $2000 from me from the false information they gave me about the car.

I would be very careful if you look at cars from Sports Car Gallery........I was taken for a pretty unpleasent ride and learned my lesson the hard $$$ way.

Old 04-26-2005, 07:01 PM
Senior Chief

I am especially impressed with how "lady" is this man's favorite form of name calling.

Just makes me want to run right out and buy another Judge...or another GTO....or another Firebird... only not from him.

Let go of pain, give faith the reins; and let that pony run.