Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 03-04-2003, 07:38 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Summit doesnt list everything they have in their catalog. So call them if you need something not listed. They will try to get it for you if not a stock item and its from a manufacturer they deal with.

Old 03-04-2003, 08:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

We stock more parts than are listed. If you see something in a brand X catalog give me a call or email we just might have it or can get it.

Old 03-04-2003, 09:16 AM

Scott, that's what I meant by this;

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I know they have bigger markets but at least Summit has stuff listed. Plus if you call they may have it anyway(if it's not listed)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing is real if you don't believe in yourself-Rocky Balboa

A government is a body of people, usually, notably ungoverned-shepherd brook in firefly

join the PY group on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...8742503&ref=ts

become a fan of PY on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...9458653?ref=ts
Old 03-04-2003, 09:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

i ordered my quicksilver shifer on friday morning and got it on saturday, i was pretty shocked and happy at the same time. summit is quick, jegs takes way to long.sometimes way to long and puts u behind when working on a car

There are only so many green M&M's a man can eat before he wants a blue M&M !!!!(by 72lemans)

Old 03-04-2003, 02:58 PM
Senior Chief

DEPENDS ON YOUR LOCATION AS TO HOW WELL YOUR SERVICE IS. I HAVE GREAT SERVICE FROM BOTH SUMMIT N JEGS. 2 DAYS 99 PERCENT OF THE TIME!

GTOCRAZY67.....ALWAYS LOOKIN FOR A GREEN LIGHT..

Old 03-04-2003, 07:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I always order from Summit. Jegs does have a better catalog though.

"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams

Right and wrong doesn't need facts all the time.
-Lighthouseman ("lawyer")

Starnes Performance Automatics
www.Starnesperformance.com
Old 03-05-2003, 05:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I have ordered from both and haven't had any issues with either.

I ran into a potential problem with lifters I got from Summit once but Scott came to the rescue and I hope Comp Cams gave him some props for alerting them to a issue they were having in the method they were shipping their roller lifters.

Old 03-05-2003, 10:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

u would think jegs would ship fast too.

There are only so many green M&M's a man can eat before he wants a blue M&M !!!!(by 72lemans)

Old 03-05-2003, 11:16 AM

I ordered an Accel HEI cap & rotor kit from JEG's and they were OUT! It ONLY took a MONTH to finally get it! Never again! Summit will become my supplier.

Old 03-05-2003, 02:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I support Summit because they sponsor the ET Finals and have for several seasons. Thanks guys.

fasteddy

Old 03-05-2003, 05:48 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Lots of warm fuzzies going on in this thread, eh Scott

http://kurtspontiac.homestead.com/Pre1964Pontiacs.html

Old 03-05-2003, 08:40 PM
Senior Chief

I cant say enough about Summit or Scott! He took the time to help me, even on a non-Pontiac related project! Seems some part numbers had been confusing and Scott put me on hold right then and ran out to get me an answer! I call that service! Thanks Scott!

Old 03-06-2003, 06:36 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Ordered my Aluminum trans pan (yes, Misus, I did ) w/Scott on Tuesday, arrived next day. Thanks again for the great service.

Old 03-06-2003, 08:10 AM
On Vacation

I'm a Jeg's man myself. Their catalog is much better with respect for showing more parts and part numbers. Nothing more annoying than having to sit there while some sales dude looks up part numbers for you. I have even ordered on line with them before.

Not that I've ever had a problem with Summit, I just like Jeg's layout better.

Chance favors the prepared mind.

Old 03-06-2003, 06:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

jegs do have a better lay out. but summit gets my parts to me sooner

Old 03-06-2003, 07:06 PM
Senior Chief

I prefer Jugs.

Old 03-08-2003, 12:42 PM

So much for the "no bashing" policy" encouraged here, again the old double standard, don't bash MY GUY. As a phone tech for Jeg's, I get to see the other side of the coin. Price-match Summit, sure, just give me about three hours to try to get through...I guess Scott can't wait on everyone. Quotes I have heard include; "I wouldn't buy a fire extinguisher from Summit if my car was burning" and "boy, that guy was a jerk", so the comments made here don't really bother me, as I know "the rest of the story." As far as price, I'll bet we're within a nickle on virtually everything and same with shipping. Everything goes out within hour, ships that day or at 7:00 a.m if ordered after 4:00 p.m. and travel time at that point is in the hands of either UPS or Fed Ex., whichever has the better rate. As for the muffler application, I'll also bet we both use the same catalog providing descriptions and applications, so I truly don't understand the discrepancy. Anyway, each to his own and if you can't get hold of Scott, call Jeg's and ask anyone who answers if you can speak with "the Pontiac guy." I'll be glad to help you, unless you have a five point nothing Mustang! Just kidding, we even do those. Ron Landis
P.S. Thanx,J.K.,for your support!

Old 03-08-2003, 01:06 PM

And another thing... which of you out there truly believes that W.J. runs a Pontiac motor? I like W.J. because he's W.J., got nothing against "the Cowboy" other than the fact that he nearly ran over me with his golf cart at Norwalk. Couldn't resist making the comment"watch out..I KNOW that guy can't drive!" He even smiled. As for back-ordered parts taking longer from Jeg's, I sure would like to know how Summit never runs out of anything, as we have eleven acres under roof and still run out of parts occationally. Usually have about a thousand or so of the most popular items on the shelf. I suppose Summit doesn't need a customer service department either, what with their perfect service and all. I, personally, think that their catalog is better in its layout. I constantly criticize our art department for errors and seldom use our catalog, as I rely on the mfg. catalog in my rack. Again, just want to state my case. I have a free Jeg's jacket, but it has my name on it and an insignia stating that I belong to the "Million Dollar Club" for yearly sales, so I don't know what YOU need to do to get one. A guy in Florida said that he asked Jeggie for one at the track and got it, but even I find that one hard to believe. We send out, on average, five thousand packages a day. How many free jackets go out with them? How many of you actually have free Summit jackets? Hell, I'll buy MY stuff from them if I get a free jacket!

Old 03-08-2003, 01:16 PM

And ANOTHER THING! Try calling THEIR tech line about 10.00 p.m. some night and ask for Scott... then ask for ANYONE... then call me! Right Scott? "Nuff said!" PROMISE!!!... Ron.

Old 03-08-2003, 03:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior