Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 03-23-2006, 08:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I've shipped quite a few packages with UPS and had a couple get damaged. You can eventually collect, but they don't make it easy.

I had one experience in particular with UPS that really p***ed me off.

I had bought an SD455 intake, which weighs about 75 lbs and had it shipped UPS. I was home alaone sick the day it arrived. I was upstairs, and heard the doorbell ring. From an upstairs window, I could see the landing at the side entrance where the UPS guy was at the door. He had set the box on a rail around the landing.

The landing is made from treated wood, and one side is attached to the side of the house. As I was trying to lift the window to tell him I was coming down, I watched him push down on the side of the box, allowing it to freefall onto the wood landing. When it hit the landing, it sounded like a truck had hit my house.

I got the window open just a few seconds after I saw the package drop, and I yelled at him. He looked back briefly, but kept walking, got in his truck and left. That really torq'd me off, and I started cussing him as hard as I could. Luckily the package survived, but I called UPS and went several steps up the management chain. I don't know if it had any effect, but it made me feel better.

If Fed Ex would do home pickup, I'd never deal with UPS again.

Mike

Old 03-23-2006, 11:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via Yahoo to Ken -Ace- Brewer

Fed-Ex will do home pick-up! After just signing up for a Fed-Ex station I know this!!! Geee!! I am not the only one who thinks these things!! LOL!!!
Be Cool,
Ace

Old 03-23-2006, 03:37 PM

UPS just screwed me out of $891....they lost my package...and don't think that if you declare the value of something and it gets lost that they will pay you what the value was...they can and will dispute the value!...with me UPS settled by mailing a $100 check to the shipper which was not me because I used the receiver's shipping account number...I am out the total $$$amount!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...I hope DHL puts them OUT OF BUSINESS...I know I am going to do everything I can to make sure that happens.

Old 03-23-2006, 03:38 PM

PS...it was packed VERY well and had a duplicate shipping label inside the box...they are crap!

Old 03-23-2006, 03:41 PM

DHL will do home pick up...I recently sent a fender with them, they picked it up at my house, they delivered it on time at a very reasonable cost with zero damage...Ok I'm through now...I feel better.

Old 03-23-2006, 04:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpmodelj70
DHL will do home pick up...I recently sent a fender with them, they picked it up at my house, they delivered it on time at a very reasonable cost with zero damage...Ok I'm through now...I feel better.
i am trying to get som fenders shipped from az to ny what kind of fender did you ship and what did it cost you?

Old 03-23-2006, 05:39 PM

It was 71 GP fender...(UPS would not accept because of size...DHL said no problem)wrapped in many layers of bubble wrap...I believe the shipping cost was around $75 (that included the extra charge for Saturday pick up)...was sent from eastern NC to Nebraska.

Old 03-23-2006, 06:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I got a refund check from a PYer today. He sent it "express mail" It took less than 24 hours.

3 Generations of "Beach Boys Racing" !

Everybody knows somthin.
Nobody knows everything !

1st time on a dragstrip, 1964. Flagstart !

"Thanks for the entertainment."

"Real Indians Don't Wear Bowties"
Old 03-23-2006, 06:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpmodelj70
It was 71 GP fender...(UPS would not accept because of size...DHL said no problem)wrapped in many layers of bubble wrap...I believe the shipping cost was around $75 (that included the extra charge for Saturday pick up)...was sent from eastern NC to Nebraska.
thanks for the info seems to be the way to go

Old 03-25-2006, 08:33 PM

Default UPS Pays

I have shipped for over 30 years with UPS. If the package is less than 4 lbs the post office is cheaper, bring a chair they move very slow. I handle all the claims for anything I buy or sell. If you recieve something you paid for and it is damaged , don't send it back. Tell UPS it has a salvage value, they will ask for a repair estimate and will give you a partial setelement. If you insure there is no reason they would not pay me for a lost package. If you don't know anyone just ask your driver they hate management, there not union, and they will give you a name without any problem. On a claim you need a recipt for what you paid for it, if you dont have one go to ebay and find 3 simular items that sold for the simular cost and include them with a letter signed stating the value. If they take the money for the insurance they are obligated to pay. Insuficient packing can be by passed by taking the package to the ups counter, if they accept it they own it. If that is not enough here is the deal of the day, call UPS corporate customer service at 404-828-600,I have called many times and I get action the same day. the next time some opperator gives you some lame excuse, just say well I didn't want to, but I guess I can call Atlanta customer service, I know they will help me,it will help. This number is not published, pass it around, good luck

Old 03-27-2006, 10:07 AM

The phone number is missing a digit....what is the full number?

Old 03-27-2006, 03:08 PM

Default UPS Phone Number

Sorry about that, (404)828-6000

Old 03-27-2006, 04:08 PM

YES I TO HAVE USED UPS FOR YEARS.
HERE LATELY THEY HAVE REALLY BEEN MESSING UOP LIKE REALLY BAD
RAN OVER A GUYS CORE SUPPORT THEN WOULD'NT HONOR THE CLAIM
UNBELIVEABLE

I'LL BE LOOKING FOR A NEW SHIPPER FED-EX OR SOMEONE

I have many 442 ,Cutlass and Gto parts so if you need anything else let me know?
Thanks for checking with me and God Bless, Bob..

MY TOYS

68 HURST/OLDS Demmer #196 OF 515

68/442 455/400/323's

68 Gto (auto w dualgate shifter)355's H-Top "PHS Documented"

68 GTO H-Top (4SPD )355's #'s phs documented matching (4 sale or trade)

68 gto (auto) "his and hers" 293's #'s matching 22k actual mile title highly optioned PHS Documented (For Sale or Trade)

66 NOVA POST 327 DH HEADS AUTO 411's

68 H/O Demmer #196 OF 515
68 GTO 20K H D-GATE 3:31 POSI NEW BUILT YS 400 & DRIVETRAIN OLDER NICE BLK PT NICE INT HTACH SPOILER NEW & VERY NICE CHROME, FREMONT CA BUILT
69 GTO 8K #S MATCHING DRIVELINE RARE OPTIONS BENCH SEAT CRUISE DISCS POSI AC H-AWAYS FIXED SETUP COMES W A H-AWAY SETUP STILL RUNS STRONG
66 NOVA POST 327 D-HUMP HEADS AUTO 411's
68 CS 7K POST BUILT 403 C HEADS
Old 03-29-2006, 05:00 PM

An update...I called the UPS Corporate Customer Service and told them my story of their incompetance...they said no way no how was I going to get any more than $100 payment on my $891 shipment...they said that since I dropped it off at a "UPS Store" that they were not responsible in any way and that any further inquiries should be directed at the "UPS Store". Obviously I will never use UPS again and I strongly urge you not to either...I would like to see them bankrupt and I will be spreading the bad word about them from now on.

Old 03-29-2006, 05:09 PM

THAT IS SOME CHIT!!
THEY WRAP IT BUT DONT BACK UP THERE OWN WRAPPING? UNBELIEVABLE

I have many 442 ,Cutlass and Gto parts so if you need anything else let me know?
Thanks for checking with me and God Bless, Bob..

MY TOYS

68 HURST/OLDS Demmer #196 OF 515

68/442 455/400/323's

68 Gto (auto w dualgate shifter)355's H-Top "PHS Documented"

68 GTO H-Top (4SPD )355's #'s phs documented matching (4 sale or trade)

68 gto (auto) "his and hers" 293's #'s matching 22k actual mile title highly optioned PHS Documented (For Sale or Trade)

66 NOVA POST 327 DH HEADS AUTO 411's

68 H/O Demmer #196 OF 515
68 GTO 20K H D-GATE 3:31 POSI NEW BUILT YS 400 & DRIVETRAIN OLDER NICE BLK PT NICE INT HTACH SPOILER NEW & VERY NICE CHROME, FREMONT CA BUILT
69 GTO 8K #S MATCHING DRIVELINE RARE OPTIONS BENCH SEAT CRUISE DISCS POSI AC H-AWAYS FIXED SETUP COMES W A H-AWAY SETUP STILL RUNS STRONG
66 NOVA POST 327 D-HUMP HEADS AUTO 411's
68 CS 7K POST BUILT 403 C HEADS
Old 03-29-2006, 05:35 PM

Another thought. If you send something UPS, or have something shipped to you, and don't require a signiture for release of the item, you'll have no recourse when it doesn't arrive. I had rotors, spindles, calipers shipped to me, UPS said they left in on my porch, of course I never got it. They may have been stolen off my porch? Doubtful. I know some ex UPS drivers, and I hear what they say they do to heavy packages..it isn't nice..Anyway, use the signiture.

Old 03-29-2006, 11:41 PM

My experince with UPS:

eBay item (Hondaline fairing) was taken to UPS Store to be packaged and shipped. It arrived broken and the box had obvious crush damage as one corner was "wrinkled" 3/4 of the way down. I filed a claim that UPS denied.
They denied it saying the the packaging was insufficient, now remember that the UPS Store did the packing. I found out that UPS Store is NOT in any way related to UPS other than they (UPS) allow thier name to be used. I spent several hours over a 6-8mo period trying to get them to accept responsibility but to no avail. As I stated earlier, the box was obviously mishandled -- something too heavy put on top or something dropped on it.
Needless to say I will never use UPS and if at all possible I will not let a seller use them for anything they ship to me.

Old 03-30-2006, 01:57 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I work for UPS for 15 years and started out unloading trucks and now driving the trucks. 65RAGTOp your package was picked up and brought to the local building and put on a conveyor belt with tons of other packages,then sorted to a destination trailor that night. depending where you are at (local usually sits in local hub or building overnight then gets resorted through the same conveyor system then into your drivers truck , across country usually will go on destination trailer to train depot on train ride to destination truck then picked up and trailered to local hub, then unloaded on to conveyor system and into your drivers truck. the air system goes from pickup to local hub to conveyor system to air trailor to air port to atlanta hub then sorted to it's destination airplane and then flown to destination airport,then picked up by truck and dropped off at your local building and sorted to your drivers truck) I work in an old building are conveyors have left turns. The conveyors have thousands of pounds on them. and can destroy just about anything when a jam hits these corners. I am confident that your package got tore up in this process. Dont accept that it was the ups stores fault, You Know when the driver picked up the package it wasn't damaged from the ups store. ups has alot of claims and they will try to stonewall people, especially people who dont have big acount with ups.

Old 04-10-2006, 02:32 PM

Not sure I've said this lately...UPS SUCKS!!!