Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 03:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I would not be taking my engine apart if it were not for these posts. It will be several weeks before I can post results.

Old 11-16-2006, 06:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You need to look at the whole Picture.

Have you paid attention to the way they handlled the block situation. Will this apply to all the products they sell?

Have you checked other buyers responses and the issues they have and the way it's being handled.

Have you noticed the current change of ownership or involvement of people involved to throw any, and i mean any, future isssues with products in the hands of mediators rather then answer Any issue themselves? Correct me if I'm wrong? Would you personally run a business like this?

Have you checked their current return time on any product and amount of time you have to return products. 10 days? I think this is changed in the last month or so? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Would you buy any product knowing you have just 10 days to return it from Date of pruchase from any Business?
Let me know I'll change my business practices? LOL. Correct me if I'm wrong?

Have you read the disclaimer on the site?

And all this is has changed within the last month or so? Correct me if I'm wrong?

It's not just about the block. But if allowed might change the way businesses in the future selling Pontiac products practice selling? Interesting.

I coulda saved a lot of money over the years dealing with customers if, Once any product leaves my shop, installed and/or run, is the responsiblity of the assembler or user rather then understanding maybe they don't have the experience or knowledge to know all that they need to know. LOL.

But hey, It's America and anyone can do anything. But remember this in the future if............... the shoes on the other foot.

Just hope it works out to those that have big investments in the product and any future issue that arise.

Last edited by Ccass; 11-17-2006 at 01:09 PM.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:13 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

If either K&M or KRE were not either a LLC or INC before these blocks were brought to market, they could possibly have personal assets seized/awarded from any legal action(s) not ruled in their favor.
That is the primary purpose in creating a LLC/INC, to seperate you as an individual/your assets from those assets of the company.
Sounds like someone has been consulting the advice of an lawyer

74 Ventura 462/#13 heads/3350#
10.38 @ 128.89 MPH, N/A, Stock suspension, 275/60 Radial, Street legal, Tagged & Insured
Old 11-16-2006, 07:36 PM
Senior Chief

You don't need to consult a lawyer( except to set one up although you can do this on your own also). This is common knowledge that a business owner should incorporate. I did. We live in a very letigous world nowadays.

Old 11-16-2006, 08:39 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

yes anyone who starts a business initially files a fictitious name registration and establishes a DBA- for instance john doe Doing Business As widgets-r-us.
john can incorporate as i did by filling out the necessary form with the secretary of state and plunking down your $105.(missouri). this establishes your entity as a default C-corp from a tax basis. if desired, you can specify a subchapter S or LLC by filling out another form. this changes how your inventory and earned monies are taxed when carried over from one calendar year to the next.

Last edited by Ccass; 11-17-2006 at 01:11 PM.
Old 11-17-2006, 12:36 PM

Brian, Thanks for the work on their filings.

Here is the copy of the worthless paper Steve Kauffman signed and I signed in front of Kevin Sweeney at my shop. Do you think that any written word and verbal word should be trusted from them after this? Even if they promises to replace my block, I would not use it because it is still unproven product. I want my money not a block.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kauffman Agreement.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	72221  

Last edited by Ccass; 11-17-2006 at 01:14 PM.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:00 PM
Bonker's-T-Cat Moderator

Ok,
I'm watcing this as are all the Mods.
Stick to the toppic and it will stay.
Any more name calling or worse could get you vacation time.

Old 11-17-2006, 01:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Like the lawyer said give em some time.

It looks to me that K&M/KRE thought everything was fine even with DI's Block at that time.

MR-1 Blocks haven't been out long and the only complaints started maybe 2 months ago?

All this news is traveling pretty much at real time here.

-Rob
WWW.ICTCengines.com

Old 11-17-2006, 06:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunk'n Injun
Brian, Thanks for the work on their filings.

Here is the copy of the worthless paper Steve Kauffman signed and I signed in front of Kevin Sweeney at my shop. Do you think that any written word and verbal word should be trusted from them after this? Even if they promises to replace my block, I would not use it because it is still unproven product. I want my money not a block.
So on Oct 5th they offered to buy the block back - 15% restocking and any shipping fees?

Didn't you say they would not do anything for you at all?

Old 11-17-2006, 06:16 PM
Senior Chief

Looks like to me they tried to be more than fair!

Old 11-17-2006, 06:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron H
So on Oct 5th they offered to buy the block back - 15% restocking and any shipping fees?

Didn't you say they would not do anything for you at all?
One word missing to make it more clear. "IF". As in "If upon inspection...".

The offer for buyback was only if K&M/KRE were in agreement with the machine shops findings. Apparently they were not. Or were they? You need to reread Scott's postings on the orignal thread that's been closed.

Truth be known, that document is probably not worth the paper it is written on, since K&M technically did not exist at the time of its signing.

Old 11-17-2006, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Brady
Looks like to me they tried to be more than fair!

What! Fair? Man you still don't get it.

Steve K. told me on the phone that the cylinders were found to be close to the same that I found. But because I deck the block to 10.236 high, he said that I machine it and he can not resell the block and would not refund the money. Fair ya right. The block was dead the day I got it! The man can not even remember his own contract. Or what story he tells to whom.

Old 11-17-2006, 07:00 PM
Senior Chief

I am sorry, I had read that earlier and I forgot. If this is true, I do think that he should stand behind his product. I have never did business with them, but know people who have and always thought they wer good guys!

Old 11-17-2006, 07:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Why are you guys so uptight with the truth being disseminated publicly? If it weren't for myself and others digging into this "deal", none of this information would have been made public, and some people could have gotten hurt.

Last edited by dyingbreed; 11-17-2006 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Removed quote from another member
Old 11-17-2006, 07:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Brady
I am sorry, I had read that earlier and I forgot. If this is true, I do think that he should stand behind his product. I have never did business with them, but know people who have and always thought they wer good guys!
"...always thought they were good guys".

Good guys, bad guys, ugly guys...never mind all of that. That's letting emotions get in the way of facts. Fact: there are some bad blocks out there that still need to be addressed, and the manufacturer/vendors still have time to do this...it's just that the walk from the on deck circle to the batter's box seems awful long to those that have money in the bad blocks.

Old 11-17-2006, 07:17 PM
Senior Chief

I don't understand why they have not adressed this. I would have immediatly. At some point they will be forced to do so. I have found that sooner than latter is usually a better deal for eveyone involved. I just think all of the legal stuff is out of control as we have no idea what their legal position is.

Old 11-17-2006, 09:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default MR-1-KR??-K&??

all i wish to to say at this time is that everyone should not be so quick to judge the company and person's that my dad and i purchased the blocks from. at this point they are willing to test our material, exchange our purchases, and" make things right with us". it was expressed that they didn not, and would not want to see anyone injured(personaly or vehicle) from one of thier products. they wish to remain in buissness.(i believe this is to bee true, and good for the pontiac community). so far all i can say is that they have been honest in their dealing with my dad. as for the company in question,, i don't no the legal name, but the person my dad has delt with is steve kauffiman, and i deal with jeff kauffinman. both seam to be honest and respectable indeviduals.

Old 11-17-2006, 09:40 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:

"at this point they are willing to test our material, exchange our purchases, and" make things right with us". it was expressed that they didn not, and would not want to see anyone injured(personaly or vehicle) from one of thier products. they wish to remain in buissness."

That is a very positive statement! Hope things will be resolved soon for all involved.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Public docs are up

http://www1.sos.state.oh.us/reports/...n=200631200430

http://www1.sos.state.oh.us/reports/...n=200631200428

Old 11-18-2006, 12:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default The Shot Heard 'Round The World

The facts about why the MR1 exists and the reasons why some would like to see it
go away!

After waiting nearly two years for blocks it became apparent that we needed a
reliable source for aftermarket blocks. Bill Mellott and I decided knowing where Bill and
ourselves want to go with our racing program and the advent of new cylinders heads
coming to the forefront we needed to do something . We decided to manufacture a block
and were advised that the IA patterns were for sale and tried to purchase them. As
everyone knows that didn't occur and we then proceeded with our pattern shop here in
Ohio to build a set of Pontiac patterns. We were then threatened with legal action after we
produced our prototype casting to try and keep us from going into production with the
block.
After building racing engines for several years my sons Mark & Jeff know exactly
what is needed to build a strong street engine or a 2000 HP blown engine. We have the
knowledge of what it takes to make power and what we want so see in an engine block
that will fulfill the needs of all Pontiac enthusiasts.
By machining blocks in house we can maintain quality control and pricing. After
selling 2 of the IA-II blocks to KRE customers Jeff was informed buy both of the
customers that the blocks were indeed not right.
Sometimes getting in a hurry to bring a
product to market can have an adverse consequence.
Addressing the R&D issue we have been doing R&D for the last 12 years way
before the first aftermarket block was thought of. We are also not the only shop that has
done R&D in the pontiac field. As for the claim of the MR-1 being a clone or a copy of
the so called electronic file. Why do we need a copy when we have a copy of the original
Pontiac 400 drawings in which to build patterns and machine from. The apparent
simulartiy of the two blocks is in appearance only.
We are sorry that the "PY Board" was used as a personal complaint board when all
we are trying do is advance the Pontiac Motor Sport.

Steve Kauffman

http://216.178.81.108/forums/showthread.php?t=429514