Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 11-25-2006, 03:09 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default 68 GTO sold (Ray Cox)

I received a bank check yesterday from Mike (Ponchoshop) for full payment of the car. Ray was trying to get the money for the car. If you will notice, he bumped his trying to sell the Bird from 7-08 to 11-07 and his thread stopped dead on 11-20. Darcie started her post on 11-18 I think is correct (the tread was moved). As I told Darcie before she posted, I did'nt know Ray until the auction started, only the posts on the forums about him helping Darcie out. I received a few PM's about Ray and become concerned at that time. That's why he bumped his Bird up to 11-07 to try to sell it. I'm only defending Ray's deal with me, I had no idea of his past. As Darcie said in her last post, and a few other people, things got out of hand. Kinda like when 1 atom is split and it turns into a mushroom cloud. By the way, I had the engine from carb to pan and driveline from front to rear ready to go together in my Goat. I changed course with the TA and ain't looking back.

Old 11-25-2006, 03:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to David Holmberg

Excellent!

Mike will give the GTO a great new home.

Old 11-28-2006, 09:36 AM

craig, i'm glad you got the issue with the gto settled,mike'll give the gto a good home.

i wouldn't sing too high of praises for ray yet, as of november 28th 06 he still hadn't returned all of darcie's stuff.

mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 11-29-2006, 02:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks for posting Pitch.
It though it was crazy thinking an ebay action could be rigged, but dont i ebay, so :confused:
Figured the only way would be to end it early.

As far as Ray and the parts.
I'm supposed to help sort'm out, and we havent been able to get there at the same time. Should be next couple nights.
His and some of my parts are mixed in together(still on the trailer from Norwalk).
Sorry for the delay.

Pitch, thanks for sticking to the price and waiting for me to round up the $, as i heard(not from you) some others here were try'n to buy it out from under me(or Ray).

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...hop/?start=100
Old 11-30-2006, 06:23 AM
Senior Chief

Mike, thanks for shedding some light on the situation.

Bottom line is you can't sell parts for a widow off a trailer that's shoved into a U-Store-It, especially when said parts are mixed in with someone else's parts, and none of them are yours to begin with. All property should have been sorted and returned before being stored, and then no one would be in this mess.

If Darcie's sons come home for Christmas and these issues aren't taken care of - what greater harm will happen? These are four men that Larry Davis raised to adulthood: one is a Marine coming home from Iraq, one is a soldier, one is in his 20's and one is 18. Larry Davis didn't raise sons that would tolerate seeing their mother screwed over, you can bet your Navy Seal on that.

Probably the only thing they'll care about is that their mother has been jacked around and Norwalk was four months ago. Her property has not been returned to her, even after all the public promises of two weeks ago. Those men will be home in 2 weeks. The clock is ticking.

If I were Ray Cox, I'd be unloading that storage unit with my teeth if I had to.

The fastest option is to take all of the parts to your house, and have you pick what is yours. Then return the remainder to the rightful owner. This is especially convenient because they are - ta da! - on a trailer. This was also mentioned in the original thread and the concept has been around for weeks. Mike, this delay is not yours to shoulder, not your responsibility. You're a good man, and a good friend for sticking by Ray.

Let go of pain, give faith the reins; and let that pony run.

Last edited by herdswoman; 11-30-2006 at 06:50 AM.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

"Bottom line is you can't sell parts for a widow off a trailer that's shoved into a U-Store-It, especially when said parts are mixed in with someone else's parts, and none of them are yours to begin with. All property should have been sorted and returned before being stored, and then no one would be in this mess."

Amy, with all due respect, I strongly disagree. There wouldn't be a single problem one, IF the person managing the parts were on the "up and up" to begin with. Believe me, if I had taken someones parts to sell them, I'd know EXACTLY what I had, what it was worth, and if/when it sold. I'd also know exactly how much money had been handed over for those parts. If I were keeping any of the parts or profits for my efforts, that would have been sorted out BEFORE I took the first part into my possession to sell.

This is one of those situations which I hope never happens to anyone, loosing a husband unexpectantly, turning your entire life upside down. When it does, the LAST thing you need is troubles like we are hearing about. A true friend would have done what was right, and even more than that, no questions asked.......and certainly would not have left any room whatsoever for the sort of things we are hearing about....FWIW....Cliff

73 Ventura, SOLD 455, 3740lbs, 11.30's at 120mph, 1977 Pontiac Q-jet, HO intake, HEI, 10" converter, 3.42 gears, DOT's, 7.20's at 96mph and still WAY under the roll bar rule. Best ET to date 7.18 at 97MPH (1/8th mile),
Old 12-04-2006, 06:22 AM
Senior Chief

[QUOTE=Cliff R Believe me, if I had taken someones parts to sell them, I'd know EXACTLY what I had, what it was worth, and if/when it sold. I'd also know exactly how much money had been handed over for those parts. If I were keeping any of the parts or profits for my efforts, that would have been sorted out BEFORE I took the first part into my possession to sell. FWIW....Cliff[/QUOTE]

Spoken like the honorable man you are, Cliff. I have been in your shop, and even when it was under construction it was still well organized, obvious that there was a sharp, organized mind behind it. I have no doubt that is how you would handle such a situation. At least I now know of two Pontiac people I could turn to in Ohio, should I ever find myself in Darcie's shoes: Jerry Brock and Cliff Ruggles.

Unfortunately, not everyone deals that way.

Old 12-04-2006, 07:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Hopefully Ray will come thru and do the right thing, then this all goes away. I seldom, if ever get caught up in these things. I didn't know Larry, but as a fellow Veteran I think a little help is in order here. This topic has come up in several discussions I've had with other board members, lots of folks are watching to see how it ends up?.....Cliff

73 Ventura, SOLD 455, 3740lbs, 11.30's at 120mph, 1977 Pontiac Q-jet, HO intake, HEI, 10" converter, 3.42 gears, DOT's, 7.20's at 96mph and still WAY under the roll bar rule. Best ET to date 7.18 at 97MPH (1/8th mile),
Old 12-04-2006, 08:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

$20 says that trailer is still sitting in his storage unit.

How many weeks has it been?:rolleyes:

Old 12-04-2006, 11:04 PM

We did have bad weather Friday and it is freezing here now, but to my knowledge, I don't think all the stuff is returned from his trailor. Frankly, I am sick of asking for it. I am about to just say h*ll with it. I don't know how much was there to start, I don't know if anything sold at Norwalk, I just don't know. It's just drug on too long that I am losing interest.

Old 12-04-2006, 11:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV137
We did have bad weather Friday and it is freezing here now, but to my knowledge, I don't think all the stuff is returned from his trailor. Frankly, I am sick of asking for it. I am about to just say h*ll with it. I don't know how much was there to start, I don't know if anything sold at Norwalk, I just don't know. It's just drug on too long that I am losing interest.

Probably what he is hoping to hear.
It has been a sad story to follow. I wish the best for you, Darcie.

Old 12-08-2006, 07:37 AM
Senior Chief

Darcie, my last day of work before the holidays is coming up quickly. Once the semester ends, I can come to Valpo and we'll do whatever is necessary for the return of your property.

There is more than enough in writing here on PY, let alone the emails people have sent me.

Mike Nixon should be able to come up and give us a hand with a little advance notice.

Old 12-08-2006, 10:19 AM

Amy, you don't have to do that. It has been extremely cold here and I think he has been working. I will get it back, (whatever it is) sometime. I just don't want to fight for anything anymore. Bad enough now I will have to try and sell this stuff. I am just wanting to liquidate a lot of stuff to make my life less stressful.

Old 12-08-2006, 01:22 PM
Senior Chief

Default Pshaw...

...it's no colder in Valpo than it is in Toledo. Big whoopie deal. There's no fighting to it, Darcie. Just two or three friends with a *****load of documentation going to the police station.

Makes it easy for everyone involved. Except Ray.

My last day of work is next Wednesday. That is more convenient because the school kids aren't on break yet. I'd hate for Ray's kids to see him hauled off in cuffs. No child should have that image of their father in their memory, because once it is there, it's there forever - even if it is true.

However, once the wheels are in motion they will turn at their will, and any opportunity or ability you, I or Ray has to change that course will be gone.

Old 12-09-2006, 12:51 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Speaking from experience here, I believe this is more of a civil matter than a criminal matter. Police will be of little or no help... probably won't even get involved! May want to contact an attorney instead...

db

Old 12-09-2006, 10:23 AM

rick, i don't know how it is in pa, but in this area what ray's done is called conversion and people ARE arrested and convicted for it in the state of indiana.

what darcie needs to do is file a complaint with the local authorities and let them do thier job.

mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 12-09-2006, 10:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV137
Amy, you don't have to do that. It has been extremely cold here and I think he has been working. I will get it back, (whatever it is) sometime. I just don't want to fight for anything anymore. Bad enough now I will have to try and sell this stuff. I am just wanting to liquidate a lot of stuff to make my life less stressful.
Darcie. I don't think he works................ SEVEN days a week!!!!!!!!!!

Go get 'your' parts. If ya want then make a list of the stuff that is left. I know that with a list in an e-mail that you will get fair prices on what it is worth from people in the know. Like Mike Nixon.

Old 12-10-2006, 07:21 AM
Senior Chief

Ken, we'll do what we can within the law. Because the law reaches further than a Louisville Slugger and packs more of a whallop.

Machinery is powering up, just waiting to flip the "on" switch.

One of the downfalls of the digital age is that time slips by without an audible clock ticking. Perhaps then one could be more mindful of what little time is left and how fast time slips away. It's already been three weeks.

Old 12-10-2006, 08:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I wish i knew all of you personally,you are a great bunch of people.Darcie needs you now more than ever,she's getting to the point of giving up and letting Ray win.But i know you won't let that happen and that is what a real friend is all about,not letting one of our own get screwed.herdswoman you are #1 in my book and i know you will "get-er-done".

Old 12-10-2006, 10:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Note to self...... "DON'T piss Amy off"!