Old 12-26-2007, 09:41 PM
Suspended

Lloyd,i did not mean to ruin this thread.let me tell you what happened.i was only home with this car-15000 original mile judge-when uncle judge called me and asked me if i would sell the original interior out of it him.I BLEW A GASKET!!!!!!i got home last friday mornimg at 1 am,then jeff called before noon and asked this stupid question.i did not mean for john or anyone else to be involved in this venting on jeff.allmycarsjunk-john,i am sorry if you felt any of this was meant toward you,it was not.i,however,will not be apologizing to jeff.that was,i believe,the dumbest question i ever heard.greg

Old 12-26-2007, 10:37 PM
Senior Chief

Cool

NO REASON TO BLOW HEAD GASKETS DURING THE HOLIDAYS! Asking a question like that should not be an insult. . He did not ask you to give it to him as a gift for Christmas . He is willing to pay you a price. You restore most of your cars, so maybe Uncle assumed you are going to restore the interior . If joeblow was to call you and offer $20,000 for your interior , I think the stupid question will all the sudden turn to an intellectual question . It was just an offer ..RELAX and enjoy the Holidays

1964 silver 4 peed tri power convertible 3:90 rear
Old 12-26-2007, 10:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Come on Greg! You know that when I called you up and said "Hey, Mr. Super Duty, what's going on?" I did not even know that you had bought the Judge yet. I was calling you to see if you had gotten the 74 S.D. T/A yet. I have a friend that had interest in that car and wanted to know what you were going to do with it. I did not even get that far and you replied with, "You can add a black 69 RAIV Judge to that list". I said, oh, you got that car from Don huh? I said that it was a very nice car. I also asked if you planned on restoring it, since that is what you do with most of the cars you get. (Don't take that the wrong way. You do restore cars) I said that I loved that original interior and if you did happened to restore it I would be happy to buy the original seat covers if you decided to put a repro interior in it. You do know how many guys call PUI for an interior during a resto don't you? Some guys like perfect new and some guys like slightly used original. I even asked you about a year or so ago about the 69 parchment PUI seat covers since you used them in a car that you had restored and you said that they were very nice. Take it easy Greg. You do have a tendency to be a bit excitable in these threads. Sorry if this question got you so bent out of shape. If that truly is the dumbest question that you have ever been asked, consider yourself lucky! Do you mean to tell me that nobody has ever asked if that Firebird you were driving was a Camaro? Have a beer next time and relax!
If anyone does have a set of decent original 1969 Parchment seat covers, I will buy them if it does not irritate you too much to ask!

Last edited by Uncle Judge; 12-26-2007 at 11:10 PM.
Old 12-26-2007, 10:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWEETMUSCLE
NO REASON TO BLOW HEAD GASKETS DURING THE HOLIDAYS! Asking a question like that should not be an insult. . He did not ask you to give it to him as a gift for Christmas . He is willing to pay you a price. You restore most of your cars, so maybe Uncle assumed you are going to restore the interior . If joeblow was to call you and offer $20,000 for your interior , I think the stupid question will all the sudden turn to an intellectual question . It was just an offer ..RELAX and enjoy the Holidays

Wow. I guess we were typing at the same time and the same wave length! Scarry!

Old 12-27-2007, 08:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

i have gregs parchment buckets from the 69 judge convert... i may move them & some other parch interior stuff......

DAD, (greg) quit starting sh*t................. ha ha

Im sure this is a tough time for all of us... i was on suicide watch, HOLIDAYS, Bills, No ones paid me in a while....... this is a tough time to get paid. I had to fight to keep a smile for the kids & empty wallet

Old 12-27-2007, 01:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsgtos2
Lloyd,i did not mean to ruin this thread.let me tell you what happened.i was only home with this car-15000 original mile judge-when uncle judge called me and asked me if i would sell the original interior out of it him.I BLEW A GASKET!!!!!!i got home last friday mornimg at 1 am,then jeff called before noon and asked this stupid question.i did not mean for john or anyone else to be involved in this venting on jeff.allmycarsjunk-john,i am sorry if you felt any of this was meant toward you,it was not.i,however,will not be apologizing to jeff.that was,i believe,the dumbest question i ever heard.greg
Well, as most of y'all know I rarely get involved in anything heated such as this. But, I felt it was necessary to comment on your inflammatory remarks in this case, Greg.

Re-torque those "gaskets", LOL!

Let's ALL try to keep things on the lighter side here, guys!

2008 GMC Sierra Denali 2WD Crew, L92 6L80E, Silver w/ Ebony guts, 14.26 @ 98
Old 12-27-2007, 09:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm sure the seats and side panels are really nice in this Car.

But all the rest of us just want to see a scanned copy of that Billing History Card that came with it !

Old 12-29-2007, 11:21 AM
Suspended

well,the drivetrain is out and the front clip is off the car.had the engine running,cam had about 4 lobes worn down.the block is in good shape,needs new springs on heads.did still have an original raiv crank in it.is standard,but will have to go .010-.010 to clean up.it was very nice that all of the sheetmetal bolts backed right out.ladder bars and all the race parts are off the car,going back to original.still have to decide on putting ram air iv engine back in,or back to an original ram air iii?i am definitely leaving original paint on the car.also looking for a really nice 4 speed console in black,console is missing in car.probably junked it when they put auto trans in for racing.the car is in excellant shape,you just dont see many of them like this any more.by the way,the original interior is staying in the car,if there were any questions still unanswered about that.hope to have it back together in a couple of weeks.HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Old 12-29-2007, 01:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

GREG PLEASE TAKE PIX of the trunk lid for me, the under side with all the decals...
any of the race stuff vintage?
WAS it a super stock drag car or someones hobby drag car?

thanx SJ

Old 12-29-2007, 06:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ive got those pics for you. It was not a super stock car, maybe some ones racer but who knows? Was definetly a cool car but my interest have changed. I too pulled the drivetrain out of the R/A firebird I got. Cool car I like it more everytime I work on it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	69 black judge 001.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	175.0 KB
ID:	116093   Click image for larger version

Name:	69 black judge 003.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	159.2 KB
ID:	116094   Click image for larger version

Name:	69 black judge 008.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	168.8 KB
ID:	116095   Click image for larger version

Name:	69 black judge 012.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	116096   Click image for larger version

Name:	69 black judge 009.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	116097  

Old 12-29-2007, 08:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

VERY cool car Don & Greg. Love that you are keeping the paint - only original once!

The pin striping on the spoiler is very cool, and the trunk lid goes without saying!

Detail it up, put the Ram IV back in and send it to BJ's - off course we would want to see it go across the block instead of another Chevy commercial - so better send it to Mecum!

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 12-29-2007, 10:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ditto on keeping the original paint. Fantastic find. Forget about BJ though. Those idiot buyers wouldn't appreciate such a piece!

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 12-29-2007, 11:03 PM
Suspended

boss-i dont think i can wait long enough to rebuild the ram air iv that was in the car.i think the the raiv engine that is already done and on the engine stand will go in this week.i get excited every time i go out to the shop and see it just sitting there,same as raiv on stand.i think they are waiting for each other!some more pix when engine goes in.will be cleaning on firewall tommorrow.doesnt need repainted,just cleaned.WHAT A CAR!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-30-2007, 02:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Greg Im really glad your happy with it.....Can you please send me the PHS for the firebird. Or do you want me to give Jim another christmas gift?

Old 12-30-2007, 08:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

ARE you saving the under side of the deck lid? all those decals look vintage & ya cant find em anymore........ I CAN repopp them........
i dont mean to be a pain but can we get high quality images of each decal? it be a shame to remove without recreating them. I think i have some of them but not all

wicked car so its originally a III 4 spd car & is that the factory color combo?

Old 12-30-2007, 10:00 AM
Suspended

don,i will send you the phs on the r/a bird.i dont think jim needs another christmas present.sweet,it has the original FACTORY paint on it and original interior.it is a factory black judge with parchment interior,which is also original.it also came with about 20 options.don,did you sell the tail light bezels that you had for sale?let me know.greg

Old 12-30-2007, 10:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

keep the decals on it

Old 12-30-2007, 11:33 AM
Senior Chief

For that matter, keep the car the way it was. Cars with history are much more interesting.

Old 12-30-2007, 12:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWEETJUDGE
keep the decals on it
With all those decals there, how can he even try to change the spare??? He's missing the instruction decal for it...LOL!

Old 02-10-2008, 11:12 AM
Suspended

well ,heres the latest update.took doghouse off of car and blasted the firewall,inner fenders and complete bottom of car.took off ladder bars and blasted,repainted,and reinstalled.now has a richmond 4 speed trans back in the car.put the raiv engine that i had done on the stand in the car.of course the firewall,inner fenders and bottom of car have been repainted.also fixed the bottom of the passenger fender.was ready to fire it up,and then bought the ram air iv crossram.i have all of the carbs and linkage and fuel line parts for the crossram.i am now waiting for rick johnson to build the distributor.hopefully i will have it by the end of this week.she should be up and running with the crossram on it in a couple of weeks,if everything goes right.will post some pics soon.also put new flowmaster exhaust,2 1/2 inch.no straws for this car.