Old 04-06-2000, 11:59 PM

So I'm cruisin on the finest day so far this year and life is good. Why, because I'm finaly back in the saddle of a 68-69 A body. Yes, it reminds me of my first car. My grandmother gave me her 69 Tempest 350 2brl post. Green was far from my favorite color and the bench seat would spit you across from one side of the car to the other in tight turns but I loved it. With manual steering and brakes and an automatic with tall gears sounds like a plain boring car. It was, till you mashed down on it. I can't tell you how many 4bl 350 cars including oldsmobiles that I ran with complete confidence in the outcome. IT was realy fun.
Well needless to say my first car left an impression on me. The next years of my driving-life were filled with a yearning for the old beast - at 16 yrs young you'll name your car the strangest things.

Flash forward to april 5, 2000 and I'm now driving a very similar car - 68 lemans 4spd 4bl buckets no console "plain jane". She's rusty (colorado car) and faded but God does she run. Did I mention the 4spd and the console-delete. It is white on red interior, air, buckets, and power disk brakes.

Somebody has written something to the effect that the heads (18) are a copy of the 48 head and it was refered to as a 350 HO. Anyway, the car is just what I've hungered for during the years.

The 067 cam swop from the 066 that the owner had installed made the car work perfectly with the 323 limited slip gear in the back. An example of this is when I tried to leave a red light with a little too fast of a lift on the clutch. The car begins to sense a lode too soon for the throttle I'm giving. So the other day I decide to continue letting the clutch out and eased into the throttle. The 350's torque raised the front of the car and the right tire gave up just a little bit while the car started to move. The feel was just what the doctor ordered -real Pontiac power.

It's time for the lemans to be restored.

Till next time, happy cruisin.

[This message has been edited by slobrd (edited 04-07-2000).]

Old 04-06-2000, 11:59 PM

So I'm cruisin on the finest day so far this year and life is good. Why, because I'm finaly back in the saddle of a 68-69 A body. Yes, it reminds me of my first car. My grandmother gave me her 69 Tempest 350 2brl post. Green was far from my favorite color and the bench seat would spit you across from one side of the car to the other in tight turns but I loved it. With manual steering and brakes and an automatic with tall gears sounds like a plain boring car. It was, till you mashed down on it. I can't tell you how many 4bl 350 cars including oldsmobiles that I ran with complete confidence in the outcome. IT was realy fun.
Well needless to say my first car left an impression on me. The next years of my driving-life were filled with a yearning for the old beast - at 16 yrs young you'll name your car the strangest things.

Flash forward to april 5, 2000 and I'm now driving a very similar car - 68 lemans 4spd 4bl buckets no console "plain jane". She's rusty (colorado car) and faded but God does she run. Did I mention the 4spd and the console-delete. It is white on red interior, air, buckets, and power disk brakes.

Somebody has written something to the effect that the heads (18) are a copy of the 48 head and it was refered to as a 350 HO. Anyway, the car is just what I've hungered for during the years.

The 067 cam swop from the 066 that the owner had installed made the car work perfectly with the 323 limited slip gear in the back. An example of this is when I tried to leave a red light with a little too fast of a lift on the clutch. The car begins to sense a lode too soon for the throttle I'm giving. So the other day I decide to continue letting the clutch out and eased into the throttle. The 350's torque raised the front of the car and the right tire gave up just a little bit while the car started to move. The feel was just what the doctor ordered -real Pontiac power.

It's time for the lemans to be restored.

Till next time, happy cruisin.

[This message has been edited by slobrd (edited 04-07-2000).]