67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Old 05-16-2005, 10:22 PM
Suspended

I took my headlamp assemblies apart for painting and now when I am putting it together I noticed that each headlamp bucket has a small stamping on one of the adjuster nut flanges. Each one has a unique mark as follows: L1, L2, R1 and R2. I’m guessing its OK to assume that the L means left and the R means right. My question is which is the outboard bucket, 1 or 2?

Old 05-16-2005, 10:22 PM
Suspended

I took my headlamp assemblies apart for painting and now when I am putting it together I noticed that each headlamp bucket has a small stamping on one of the adjuster nut flanges. Each one has a unique mark as follows: L1, L2, R1 and R2. I’m guessing its OK to assume that the L means left and the R means right. My question is which is the outboard bucket, 1 or 2?

Old 05-17-2005, 05:21 AM

not sure if this helps but can not hurt i guess
http://1968firebird.groupwhere.org./...sc/light1.html

Old 05-17-2005, 09:46 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I ran into this same problem when I re-did the GTO. I had them in all the wrong places! Easiest way to determine inboard vs outboard buckets is to drop a lamp into the bucket.

(hi beam = two-prong lamp)
(lo beam = thre-prong lamp)

The lamps have tabs cast into the glass housing that prevent it from setting properly into the incorrect bucket.

Orient the bucket so that top is up, and put the lamp in. If the tabs don't "nest" into the slots punched in the bucket, try the other bucket.

Hope this helps.

Bob Trimpe
68 GTO raggy top
68 Firebird HO