Old 07-19-2013, 07:08 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Need wiring help

All of the AC components under the hood of my 69 Firebird came off a 72 Ventura. On the evaporator case besides the blower motor resistor there is also a relay. My wiring schematic doesn't show the relay. The wire from the center terminal of the relay isn't connected to anything. Does anyone know where it goes? My blower motor doesn't work on high and I am hoping this is the culprit.

Old 07-19-2013, 11:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It's been a few years since I messed with AC harnessing, and not sure if FB and GTO match up but on GTO there should be a heavy gauge wire with an inline fuse that comes off the back of the alternator, runs across the front of the engine, down the passenger side and plugs into a connector that goes to the blower relay, without it, the fan won't run on high so I think you may be missing that wire as it sounds from your missing high fan problem.

Old 07-19-2013, 11:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

At least one of the electrical components on top of the early Firebird evap boxes are different from those mounted on the '72-73 Ventura boxes. Can look tomorrow, have original examples of both evap core boxes.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:14 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gto4evr View Post
It's been a few years since I messed with AC harnessing, and not sure if FB and GTO match up but on GTO there should be a heavy gauge wire with an inline fuse that comes off the back of the alternator, runs across the front of the engine, down the passenger side and plugs into a connector that goes to the blower relay, without it, the fan won't run on high so I think you may be missing that wire as it sounds from your missing high fan problem.
Thanks guys. gto4evr you were right. I touched the wire to the battery and the blower worked. Thanks for the help.

Old 07-27-2013, 08:36 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

so it is a 30 amp fuse at the alternator for the hi blower, correct? i was wondering if it was a fusible link..mine blew the fuse there for my hi blower motor today. (73 lemans)