WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 General Tech/Discussion

04-06 General Tech/Discussion 2004-2006 GTO General Tech and discussion.

Old 01-07-2005, 08:59 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by humbler:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 455HOGT37:
13569 is a hair over 75% of expected sales... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hard / incorrect final sales numbers... It was 87% of 18K go check earlier posts. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

13,569 is a number that is published by GM as the sales for the year 2004. Do you dispute this? Is GM misleading us? Do tell.
Old 01-07-2005, 10:14 PM

Wow I love the blue monaro,I want one that looks just like it,
Old 01-09-2005, 07:13 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fastgirl:
Wow I love the blue monaro,I want one that looks just like it, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately, I don't believe the CV8 is not available in a US version. GM would have done well to import that car along with the rest of the Holden inventory as Holdens and leave the GTO to the experts, not beancounters.
Old 01-09-2005, 07:28 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by red70goat:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fastgirl:
Wow I love the blue monaro,I want one that looks just like it, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately, I don't believe the CV8 is not available in a US version. GM would have done well to import that car along with the rest of the Holden inventory as Holdens and leave the GTO to the experts, not beancounters. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Unfortunately, all the GTO "experts" are long retired and in these days, the beancounters control everything. The current GTO is a worthy successor.
Old 01-09-2005, 10:16 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pont3:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by red70goat:

Unfortunately, I don't believe the CV8 is not available in a US version. GM would have done well to import that car along with the rest of the Holden inventory as Holdens and leave the GTO to the experts, not beancounters. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Unfortunately, all the GTO "experts" are long retired and in these days, the beancounters control everything. The current GTO is a worthy successor. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't specify GTO experts, but experts in engineering and design. If it's true the beancounters control everything then that is certainly evident in the 2004 / 2005 GTO.
Old 02-21-2005, 02:58 PM

why are we here in canada not being offered the new gto??? I would like to know why only offered to the usa?
Old 02-21-2005, 03:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The GTO wasn't certified for crash standards in Canada.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">13,569 is a number that is published by GM as the sales for the year 2004. Do you dispute this? Is GM misleading us? Do tell. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
13,569 is a correct figure for 2004 calendar year production. the total model year production figure is 15,728. I seem to recall that the 18,000 production figure was quoted to represent a maximum number of units that could be produced during the third shift of production at the Holden plant. 87.4% of capacity isn't bad; certainly not a flop.

This is the best sales year for the GTO since 1970. 2004 is also the first year since 1966 that the manual transmission has outsold the automatic variety. Of course, being the least expensive way to go didn't hurt the 6M sales.

I'd also like to know what happened to the 800 Victory Red GTOs that were supposed to have been assembled near the end of production. This 800 unit build is not included in the 15,728 figure listed in HPP. So were there actually 16,578 GTOs (92% of projected capacity) produced for 2004?
Old 02-23-2005, 03:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

They were called PULSE Red not VICTORY. And they were included. And a FYI, the GTO ousold the Mustang Cobra in it's 2003 year by 2000+ units and it outsold the 2004 Cobra by close to 11K units.
Old 02-23-2005, 04:26 PM
Senior Chief

This is great guys! I have been asking for comparison sales numbers on Cobras versus GTOs since so many on this forum seem to bring up Ford sales to no end. Your source? You'd think this would shut some people up. Bet not.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_GTO:
They were called PULSE Red not VICTORY. And they were included.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sorry, seems to be some sort of naming convention confusion here. I got my information from Jim Hopson of Pontiac Communications. I had heard of the Pulse Red before, so I was sort of confused when Jim spit out the Victory Red name. It wouldn't surprise me if Torrid and Pulse/Victory Red would be lumped together in the production figures.

Upon further inspection, I see that the HPP chart does list Pulse Red as a color option. I also note that the figures released by the GTOAA are slightly different than those in HPP; 15,740 total as compared to the above mentioned 15,728. The GTOAA list breaks out the interior colors in addition to the exterior colors and transmissions.