WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 General Tech/Discussion

04-06 General Tech/Discussion 2004-2006 GTO General Tech and discussion.

Old 07-05-2005, 05:45 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Just had an interesting call from my dealer. The 2005 that I ordered and was not expecting until the end of the month has arrived. I pick it up in a couple of hours. Anyway, he tells me that the current GM employee pricing program has been extended until the end of the month, but it now excludes the GTO. But I have GMS through my employer, so no big deal. He then went on to say that GMS is no longer valid on this model either. So has anyone heard this? He could be another misinformed dealer, or he is telling the truth... Not that it matters to me, because I get mine JUST under the wire, but thought you all might like the tidbit of information.
Old 07-05-2005, 09:14 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 455HOGT37:
Anyway, he tells me that the current GM employee pricing program has been extended until the end of the month, but it now excludes the GTO (QUOTE]

I heard it excludes the Corvette and Suburban, but not the GTO. It's interesting your dealer would all of the sudden tell you about the "exclusion" now that your car is in. What a worm. I'd tell him to keep his word or keep the car.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:48 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

It's not like that Red, the GMS price is good through today on the wonder from down under. In fact he even marked it as "sold" and gave me the option of completing the transaction tomorrow. I opted to get it over with tonight, and it is now sitting in the garage.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by red70goat:
I heard it excludes the Corvette and Suburban, but not the GTO. It's interesting your dealer would all of the sudden tell you about the "exclusion" now that your car is in. What a worm. I'd tell him to keep his word or keep the car. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Councilor, and I use that term tounge in cheek, go learn how to FINALLY use the QUOTE function and DO SOME RESEARCH.
Old 07-06-2005, 06:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">tounge </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tongue

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> DO SOME RESEARCH. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 07-06-2005, 06:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Hey, give me a break, it was 5:30am with no coffee yet.
Old 07-06-2005, 06:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 07-06-2005, 08:50 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_GTO:

and DO SOME RESEARCH. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, Mr_ GeeI Dunno, Welcome back, I thought you bailed on me:FYI IQ: I never said I researched it. I'm only going by what I heard on CNN Radio about 2 weeks ago. Given the success of the program it is almost a certainty it will continue with exclusions being added on a periodic basis. My undertsanding is that it now excludes the Corvette, GTO, and medium duty trucks. Delivery to be taken by Aug. 1, 2005. BTW: What's this about a 24 month hiatus on the 2007/2008 GTO?...You still got that $100.00 with my name on it?...Finished cop school yet?...Still working on your GED?...Your satellite dish working on your double wide?...Figure out the difference between a 67 Grand Prix and a '67 GTO? ...or a '68 Charger...or a '69 Torino ??? Still there? Hello, hello?
Old 07-06-2005, 08:52 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 455HOGT37:
and it is now sitting in the garage. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Congrats!
Old 07-06-2005, 11:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by red70goat:
Well, Mr_ GeeI Dunno, Welcome back, I thought you bailed on me:FYI IQ: I never said I researched it. I'm only going by what I heard on CNN Radio about 2 weeks ago. Given the success of the program it is almost a certainty it will continue with exclusions being added on a periodic basis. My undertsanding is that it now excludes the Corvette, GTO, and medium duty trucks. Delivery to be taken by Aug. 1, 2005. BTW: What's this about a 24 month hiatus on the 2007/2008 GTO?...You still got that $100.00 with my name on it?...Finished cop school yet?...Still working on your GED?...Your satellite dish working on your double wide?...Figure out the difference between a 67 Grand Prix and a '67 GTO? ...or a '68 Charger...or a '69 Torino ??? Still there? Hello, hello? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're lack of research is painfully obvious. What you heard on CNN two weeks ago would have nothing to do with July rebates. His dealer was correct but you jumped the gun and told him they were worms. As I said, research is your friend.

Latest on the GTO is that they will carry over the current car to 2007 and a brand new car will emerge for 2008.

Cop school? Uh nope. Never went never intended to go after school. Double wide? think they put double wides here

Where are the pictures of your car you fraud? Let me guess, there is still snow out in Salt Lake City....lol
Old 07-06-2005, 01:39 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mr_GTO:
You're lack of research is painfully obvious.

BillyBobJimmyJoe: My reference to the exclusion of the Corvette, GTO and medium duty trucks / Aug. 1st delivery date was off the gm.com/employeediscount web page. Your lack of erroneous assumptions is painfully obvious.

What you heard on CNN two weeks ago would have nothing to do with July rebates.

BillyBobJimmyJoe: I never said it did, only at the time I heard it the Vette and Burb were excluded.

Latest on the GTO is that they will carry over the current car to 2007 and a brand new car will emerge for 2008.

July 6, 2005 Q&A with Bob Lutz on GM FastLane Blog: Q: "What are your goals for GTO in the future" A: "The future is ill defined at this point." Keep your $100.00 handy Gohmer.

Cop school? Uh nope. Never went never intended to go after school.

1.28.05 /10:26 am: Post by Mr.Gee I Dunno: " I've got a BS in Criminal Justice and a Minor in Sociology". Sounds like cop school to me. C'mon, you can admit it. There's nothing wrong with being a cop.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by red70goat

BillyBobJimmyJoe: My reference to the exclusion of the Corvette, GTO and medium duty trucks / Aug. 1st delivery date was off the gm.com/employeediscount web page. Your lack of erroneous assumptions is painfully obvious.

BillyBobJimmyJoe: I never said it did, only at the time I heard it the Vette and Burb were excluded.

July 6, 2005 Q&A with Bob Lutz on GM FastLane Blog: Q: "What are your goals for GTO in the future" A: "The future is ill defined at this point." Keep your $100.00 handy Gohmer.

1.28.05 /10:26 am: Post by Mr.Gee I Dunno: " I've got a BS in Criminal Justice and a Minor in Sociology". Sounds like cop school to me. C'mon, you can admit it. There's nothing wrong with being a cop. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, but GM's webpage wasn't updated to show that at 12am on July 6. Sorry dopey.

Right, at the TIME YOU HEARD IT, TWO WEEKS AGO. Then you spout off on July 6th that the GTO was included. Well guess what, dealers get the info before the public and they called those that were on the fence to get it now.

Oh don't worry I will. You better hope the GTO gets attached to the G6..lol...lol...

Cop school would actually be a POLICE ACADEMY. I went to a University and have a Bachelor of Science degree of which I can do any number of things. Why don't you tell us which firm you practice law in...somehow I doubt you will because we all know the truth....and you are right, nothing wrong with being a cop but I actually enjoy my holidays and weekends off.

Still waiting on the pictures of your car....
Old 07-06-2005, 03:28 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mr_GTO:

Well guess what, dealers get the info before the public

Really? Damn, you really are kawludge edjukated

You better hope the GTO gets attached to the G6..lol...lol...

Naw, they wouldn't dare desecrate a good name by attaching an existing model in the GM inventory with a butt ugly exterior on an imported chassis and then badging it as somethings it's not.Oh wait, they already.....

I went to a University and have a Bachelor of Science degree of which I can do any number of things.

I'm sure you can and are: " Would you like fries with that Sir?"
Old 07-06-2005, 03:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Really? Damn, you really are kawludge edjukated

Naw, they wouldn't dare desecrate a good name by attaching an existing model in the GM inventory with a butt ugly exterior on an imported chassis and then badging it as somethings it's not.Oh wait, they already.....

I'm sure you can and are: " Would you like fries with that Sir?" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A tad more than you now uh? Yea, just a tad. Then again, it might be a great deal. Yea, probably is.

Yea, they did it in 1993....remember that Trans Am/Firebird/Camaro...not exactly made in the United States. And it was the best ever and the new GTO is the best ever. Coincidence?

Maybe...but at least I'll have an original thought in my head. See, us Boston folk are wicked smart... You think you have ocean views in Boston by serving up fries?
Old 07-06-2005, 04:15 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Glad to see you guys made it back safe from your vacations . Welcome back! Been kind of quiet around here lately. So, Red70goat, like MrGTO said, is it still three feet of snow on the ground? We would still just love to see a pic of your Goat. Any pic, even a garage pic with crap stacked all over it. You promised us a pic and we want it now!!!
Old 07-06-2005, 09:35 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_GTO:

A tad more than you now uh? Yea, just a tad.

No argument there. I'm sure it took you at least 6 years to finish a 4 year degree.

Yea, they did it in 1993....remember that Trans Am/Firebird/Camaro...And it was the best ever

Yeah, the Batmobile era was really, uhhh, cool.

Coincidence?

1974:Pontiac Ventura gets tagged as a GTO. 2007: Pontiac G6 gets tagged as a GTO. You're right. Another coincidence in the making.

You think you have ocean views in Boston by serving up fries?

Couldn't tell ya...never been there. It's good to know they pay Wendys employees that well though. Congratulations! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 07-06-2005, 09:46 PM
Senior Chief

Hey Mr_GTO, wished I'd known you were in the Boston area. Would have stopped by in my '04 and let you taken her for a spin a couple months ago. I was visiting UMASS. From the map, it didn't look to be very far away from you at all. The ocean view from the University is beautiful.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:30 PM
Senior Chief

Oh boy, here we go again. This will become the new Bob Lutz thread because it seems the moderators on this board couldn't care less about its new GTO forum.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

No argument there. I'm sure it took you at least 6 years to finish a 4 year degree.

Yeah, the Batmobile era was really, uhhh, cool.

1974:Pontiac Ventura gets tagged as a GTO. 2007: Pontiac G6 gets tagged as a GTO. You're right. Another coincidence in the making.

Couldn't tell ya...never been there. It's good to know they pay Wendys employees that well though. Congratulations! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The the anti master of the quote function uh?

No, 4 years...but I know how you like to relive your life.

Yes, except there won't be a G6 GTO. There will however be a G6 GTP.

Don't have enough money to get out of the trailer uh? Funny, you don't travel for a cultured attorney uh? Oh right, no pics, no lawfirm, no nothing.

I think it's time for people to put you on the ignore list.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:52 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

"....nti master of the quote functi...w you like to relive yo.....ey to get out of the trai...u don't travel for a cultured atto...ople to put you on the igno..." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

blah, blah, blah...Mr_GeeIDon'tKnow always turning these posts into something that has little or nothing to do with his hallowed GM Monaro. You are the consummate predictable idiot. Use some creativity for once and get some quotes from industry officials to give credibilty to your claims. "If the G6 doesn't work then I'm all out of my bag of tricks." Bob Lutz, US News and World Report. Combine that with his June 6,2005 blog: "...it ( the GTO ) was a fast program ( no sh*t Bob )and the only way we could get it was to adopt an existing Australian car.We never intended it to be a retro car. We intended it to be a modern interptation of the GTO. It was intended to get some performance credibility back to Pontiac." On the GTOs future same blog: "The future is ill defined at this point.But, it is safe to say Pontiac will not give up on RWD V-8 performance"....It is my opinion if the GTO stays it will be an option to another model in a 4 door format. Go ahead and laugh, then ask the Mopar guys if they ever thought they'd see a Hemi Charger as a 4 door.