WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 General Tech/Discussion

04-06 General Tech/Discussion 2004-2006 GTO General Tech and discussion.

Old 07-07-2005, 10:24 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

... and have some problems already.

- Wind noise from the driver window (more than my Jag XJ6 with 170k on the clock!)
- A rattle under the dash near the instrument cluster
- Mystery vibration from under the car at highway speeds
- Trunk lid would not latch, found the bolt holding the catch was finger tight (easy fix, but how many other bolts did they forget to tighten?)

On the one hand, it seems that the reputation for build quality is a bit overstated... But I enjoy the thing a lot more than I thought. I like to characterize it as a redneck BMW. In that light, it is perfect.

I'm glad I bought it.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:36 PM
Senior Chief

I've heard a very faint whistle(barely audible at all) from the driver window, but that's it. I do have a slight rattle in my shifter when I romp on it hard, a known issue and I just haven't taken it back to the dealer yet. No other rattles or vibrations though except the cam shaking the whole damn car at idle. My biggest beef is the paint. Those Aussies build damn fine cars, but they can't paint for crap. Prep sucks and the paint is too thin and soft.

No buyer's remorse here. I absolutely love the car, and I look for any opportunity or excuse to drive it. I'll just keep making the dealer fix things until the car is perfect.
Old 07-09-2005, 07:30 PM

Every now and then I have to realy force the shifter into 1st when starting from a stop. Other than that I haven't had any problems. Still the best car I've ever owned. 04 GTO m6 96 Cavalier
Old 07-09-2005, 11:01 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Well, my 02 Yukon had paint damage at delivery, which was fixed, and a steering cross shaft replaced at 34k miles... Even now at 72k miles, after being driven on several miles of dirt roads every single day, it rattles and has less wind noise than the Holden. If Holden could deliver its existing design and performance with the same build quality that my GMC has, the car WOULD be BMW competition...