Exhaust TECH Mufflers, Headers and Pipes Issues

Old 09-07-2007, 05:37 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Talking

Doug's are the best solution out there. I have purchased many items in years gone past (1975 & up), from Ken & HO Racing. Stand up guy and great parts. Had a set of D-port tri-y's of his. Now that said, Tunnel Port Ron is a HOMO!

Old 10-04-2007, 09:03 PM

Well I got the 1 7/8" Doug's headers in and I am a firm believer in these baby's! The finish and overall quality is nothing short of superb. Now I just need to make sure they fix in the chassis without any 'messaging' or rerouting and such.

From the surface though I am very pleased with them.

Dan

"Mighty good cereal flakes Ms. McDunnough!"

Old 10-04-2007, 11:50 PM

I had to beat the holy crap out of the driver side header when I installed a set of Doug's, maybe my frame is bent?

Old 10-08-2007, 07:50 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

im thinking about selling my tri-ys this winter because i am going in a different direction. not sure if this is the right place to ask but what should i ask for them? paid almost 700 from ron. ceramic coating is peeling. A-body dports. fit in fantastic. i will take installed pics before i pull them off. if i asked 400 for them would it be too much?

Old 10-08-2007, 10:14 PM

Default Very fair price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2ogpsj462
im thinking about selling my tri-ys this winter because i am going in a different direction. not sure if this is the right place to ask but what should i ask for them? paid almost 700 from ron. ceramic coating is peeling. A-body dports. fit in fantastic. i will take installed pics before i pull them off. if i asked 400 for them would it be too much?
At that price they should sell quickly.

These headers are not a common item and are sought after by quite a few Pontaic enhusiasts.

Old 10-09-2007, 12:18 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

it will be later this fall or winter. doing a single turbo project and these obviously wont work! thanks for the reply bman. going to have quite a few things for sale this winter actually

Old 10-14-2007, 09:27 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Yup, died on the vine. Not even a sticky any longer.

She woke up sunny side down and I was still thinking I was too proud to flip her over
Old 10-23-2007, 08:27 PM

Well, I dropped my engine in the car. Seriously. It could have literally dropped in--the Doug's headers fit that well! Nice and tightly tucked underneath with great ground clearance!

I am pleased to see that everything else worked well too.

A/C fit. Power steering fit. firewall, starter, oil filter. Everything. Looks almost factory.

Now my biggest ground clearance problem is my 8 qt. oil pan. Not the thing that one would want to be the litmus test for ground clearance, but hey, whaddaya gonna do?

As soon as I know how to download pics they will be on this site.

Thank again for everyone's help!

Old 10-23-2007, 09:21 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Yup, I went ahead and bought some Dougs as well. I am hoping my motor goes in with the next few months.

She woke up sunny side down and I was still thinking I was too proud to flip her over
Old 11-07-2007, 02:51 PM

Greetings from NC!
I have been building headers for professional race cars for over 16 years. I am new to this forum and forums in general. I wanted to jump in on this thread to confirm what a lot of people are learning and that is that a 421 header is a better headers design for any application, street or race. They can be a bit trickier to size correctly and if too large do not show the increases that are possible. I am a high end builder but am happy to offer my opinion as there are a lot of people confused about what is important and where to spend money!
Thanks!

704-821-4494
exhaust@fastmail.fm
Old 11-10-2007, 09:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-10-2007, 10:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Welcome Calvin and thanks for your opinions and help.

Old 11-10-2007, 10:30 AM
Exhaust Guru

Hey Calvin, good to see you helping out. Do you have a web site that has more info and some photos of the header systems you build? Based on your location, do you do a lot of NASCAR type work?
Thanks,
Tom

Old 11-10-2007, 10:53 AM

Thanks for the responses!
I have a web presence but I am a custom header builder. Most of my customers are not interested in pictures, etc. I do not mass produce so I do not deal with generic stuff.The only cars I have real Jig for at this time is 67-69 Camaro/Nova. I could obviously mount a pontiac motor in that but do not have one. Most of my customers are CUP,NHRA, IMSA and manufacturers.
I am looking to do more one off custom headers for NHRA,IHRA Stock, SS. I do turbo headers and installs and local customers have me do some high end exhaust systems for their street cars, mostly BMW's and MB.
But I love to help people with their problems when I have time!

704-821-4494
exhaust@fastmail.fm
Old 11-10-2007, 03:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

wel tri y headers round and d ported 1 7/8 and 2 inch primarys with 3 1/2 inch colecters with all the ground clearens in the world for first gen firebird and 69 gto would be nice!!!..................il bij them both!!! ......................

Old 01-31-2010, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEN CROCIE View Post
How much demand is there for Tri-Ys?? If I were to make them again, I would need some qty orders to start. I need to commit to 100 sets to start. And Since a lot of the newbies don't know me, we could set up an escrow acct for the deposits. They would be made exactly as My originals. 1-3/4" primaries, 2-1/8"(??) secondaries,2-1/2" no flange collectors. Fitment is round port 64-77 A bodies,75-77 X bodies, 69-77 GP and 70-81 F bodies. Please-no discussion about tube size-length-etc. There are a zillion posts in the archives on this subject.
Ken,

Have you considered making your D-port version again? It seems that with popularity of the KRE D-port heads and the impending release of the E D-ports, the timing might be right. It may be a "if you build it, they will come" scenario - but with your reputation, I think momentum would build fast.

Old 01-31-2010, 07:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm lucky to have owned both HO-Racing Tri-Y's and Doug's. Fit and finish on both were top drawer and ground clearance was the best. I used these on my '65 GTO..round port heads.

Due to the current economic conditions...the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

Meet you at the finish line.....don't be late!