Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2023, 10:18 PM

Default Tire & wheel decisions - 69 Executive

I've read all the threads I could find here on tire size options for our Darksiders. For 15" it seems that 235/70, 225/75, and 225/70 are all decent size replacements for the original bias ply sizes.

On my '69 Executive, I've had sporty chrome rims with white letter 235/60R15's, lower profile than factory... nice look but the speedo ran a little high. Then I went back to 1" whitewall 225/75R15's on factory steel wheels and the original PMD hubcaps. I think those more closely matched the factory size.

It's due for tires again, and I'd really love to find some wire spoked chrome wheel on a slightly wider whitewall... more "white" wall, not a wider tire. I realize that's more of a late 50's or early 60's look, but I still think it looks great on any classic cruiser. BUT the wire spokes + spinners I'm looking for (like the pic attached) are hard to find and usually 14" instead of 15".

All that to say -- does it make sense to go from 15" to 14" rims on my '69? I found Suretec Power Cruiser tires for pretty decent prices, but that seems like an off-brand I haven't heard of. But for a car that is rarely driven, that may be okay.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wires.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	606600