Old 04-12-2010, 07:37 PM
Senior Chief

Default '75 Formula with tilt column problem

I have a '75 Formula with tilt column, I took the Formula wheel off to refurbish it and installed a standard Firebird 2 spoke wheel. Since I did, I have a tight spot at 12 O'clock on every revolution and driving down the road straight. Is there a spacer or spring that should go behind this wheel vs the Formula wheel?

Old 04-12-2010, 11:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Take the wheel off and check for rub marks where the upper collar is contacting the steering wheel...more than likely, you have a bent/warped steering wheel.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:48 AM
Senior Chief

I'll look at that, this wheel worked fine on a standard column on another setup, but you never know. One thing for sure, something's wrong! Thanks.

Old 04-16-2010, 08:06 AM
Senior Chief

Fixed it, machined a thin spacer to put on before the wheel, works fine.