Old 01-14-2007, 10:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to baron_
Default Pictures of rare options, post 'em up!

Since the lobby is closed and there isn't much to do...I'm proposing we copy a post in the judge section and post pictures of rare options in our 66/67 cars!

I'm sure there's plenty I haven't seen. Who's got 'em, what are they, and do ya have any pictures?

(I haven't seen power door locks in a 66/67 - which shouldn't be that rare?)

I'll post some pictures of what i've got, soon.

i look forward to some good reading/viewing!

http://forums.performanceyears.com/f...d.php?t=618281
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ9KworCMRE
Old 01-14-2007, 11:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

power door locks werent an option on A body.
maybe passenger side mirror matching the remote drivers side.
tire inflator is another

Old 01-14-2007, 11:52 PM

Default Transmissions

How about a 3-speed manual on the floor?
I was a college kid when I bought my '67, & couldn't afford a 4 speed nor an automatic.

Old 01-15-2007, 12:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

didn't know that, cammer
they became an option for 1968? (i think i've seen them on later model a-bodys?)

no wonder i hadn't seen them

Old 01-15-2007, 07:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I have the original Red inner fender liners on my 67 GTO hardtop as well as rear defogger, rear speaker option, reverb, power antenna, power steering, power front disc brakes, tinted glass, four speed w/ console, simulated wood steering wheel, Rally gages, AM/FM radio and the Holy Grail HURST wheels. Exterior is Montego Creme with Black interior (original colors). This is an original H.O. four speed car.

Tim john---

Old 01-15-2007, 08:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim john
I have the original Red inner fender liners on my 67 GTO hardtop as well as rear defogger, rear speaker option, reverb, power antenna, power steering, power front disc brakes, tinted glass, four speed w/ console, simulated wood steering wheel, Rally gages, AM/FM radio and the Holy Grail HURST wheels. Exterior is Montego Creme with Black interior (original colors). This is an original H.O. four speed car.

Tim john---

Yeah, but did it come with floor mats?

Sounds like a sweet car, Tim!

Old 01-15-2007, 10:17 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Original: Front Disc Brakes, A/C, AM/FM, 4spd, Console, rear seat speaker, rally guages, wood wheel, luggage lamp, power steering, windsheild only soft ray, rally 1 wheels, vinyl top.
Added: Tilt, headrest seats with passenger recliner, vacuum gage, 8 track, hood tach, red fender liners, hurst wheels, cold air package, wood shift knob.

Last edited by Jason67; 02-27-2016 at 10:55 PM.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Cold Air Package?

Old 01-15-2007, 10:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I LEARNED something today. I bought a 67 disc brake package from a guy I do a lot of parts buying from. When I got the stuff, I sent themaster off to Seria Specialties, for a beautiful restoration and rebuilt. I was dissapointed when it came back and the casting numbers on the side were not those that are listed in the restoration manuals as being 5445784. NOT what I had, so for a couple of days I stresed over it and even the guy (Joe) at the place who did the restoration said it was correct as far as he knew from doing a lot of 67 disc master clyinders. But, knew nothing of the numbers in any books about it. So, I still felt bad until I went to see a person I know who also knows the GTO's very, very, well. Also a member who has a complete 67 system himself. His master is the same number as mine, and he said that his guess after looking at the restoration manual is that the number used in the book was a part number, rather than only a casting number. Showed me the photos of the 67 master and looked the same as ours and so I went away not feeling like I still had to search for the correct part. What I learned, is that not every thing in any book is always as we read, or believe, it's meant to say. And, may even be plain wrong. I learned to deppend on others who know so much more than myself, before just disscounting something as right or wrong. And, I also learned that having access to people who know so much. Well, there no amount of money that can get some answers. But decent people who are willing to share what they know. Or, help someone find out. Those, are one of the things in life that we should al consider as a wonderful gift. I do, and always have. If only I would have listened every time, what a diff it would have made. Sorry for being so long, but I wanted to pass along something I should always remember. Good day friends. < Mike >

Old 01-15-2007, 11:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR67GTO
I LEARNED something today. I bought a 67 disc brake package from a guy I do a lot of parts buying from. When I got the stuff, I sent themaster off to Seria Specialties, for a beautiful restoration and rebuilt. I was dissapointed when it came back and the casting numbers on the side were not those that are listed in the restoration manuals as being 5445784. NOT what I had, so for a couple of days I stresed over it and even the guy (Joe) at the place who did the restoration said it was correct as far as he knew from doing a lot of 67 disc master clyinders. But, knew nothing of the numbers in any books about it. So, I still felt bad until I went to see a person I know who also knows the GTO's very, very, well. Also a member who has a complete 67 system himself. His master is the same number as mine, and he said that his guess after looking at the restoration manual is that the number used in the book was a part number, rather than only a casting number. Showed me the photos of the 67 master and looked the same as ours and so I went away not feeling like I still had to search for the correct part. What I learned, is that not every thing in any book is always as we read, or believe, it's meant to say. And, may even be plain wrong. I learned to deppend on others who know so much more than myself, before just disscounting something as right or wrong. And, I also learned that having access to people who know so much. Well, there no amount of money that can get some answers. But decent people who are willing to share what they know. Or, help someone find out. Those, are one of the things in life that we should al consider as a wonderful gift. I do, and always have. If only I would have listened every time, what a diff it would have made. Sorry for being so long, but I wanted to pass along something I should always remember. Good day friends. < Mike >
Best thing to remember is to "never say never" when it comes to these cars! there were produced on an assembly line, that GM didn't want to "Stop" for petty stuff, I've seen many "Bastard" parts and cars of all makes, to make this phrase true! the authors of these books, while imformative, don't know it all!

Old 01-15-2007, 11:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim john

Tim john---
Holly high optioned car Batman!!! Very nice Tim.

I know there is a guy who lives in MI with a survivor 66 Tempest. The thing is loaded with options and beautiful. I met him at the Woodward show a couple of years ago and he had the build sheet and PHS. I think he may be a member here and if so, I hope he chimes in.

Not much to speak of on my 66 LeMans other than tilt and an am / fm radio.

Does anyone have a pic of the am / fm radio without the buttons?

Old 01-15-2007, 11:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I forgot to mention that mine also has the custom seat belts and the original walnut four speed shift knob and yes floor mats all the way around 400 4spd. Jason, your car is stunning ! I love the hood tach, for they look tough.

Old 01-15-2007, 02:39 PM
Senior Chief

Default Rare options!

Tim and Jason ,sounds like a couple of real nice and desirable cars you guys have there!I don't have as rare of options as you guys but here it is.66 GTO 4sp,rally gauges,transistorized ign,tri power,AC,p/s,p/windows,p/b,power driver seat,posi,door edge guards,am push button radio,custom seat belts,soft ray of coarse,all 4 floor mats,rear speaker and I added the wood wheel and hurst wheels!!I forgot remote mirror,and ebrake light!

Last edited by tommie69; 01-15-2007 at 06:22 PM.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

pictures, pictures, pictures!

Old 01-15-2007, 03:02 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thank you Tim and Tommie! Lets see some pics of yours with the options you listed! They sound awesome.

Rug, I thought the Ram Air pan and open ornament was called the cold air package, or maybe it was fresh air package. Oh well, can't remember. I believe folks could walk up to the Pontiac parts counter and ask for this to add to their GTO. Anyway, I added the ram air pan and opened up the ornament and hood. Everything like Ram Air, except the 4.33 rear, heads, cam, springs. When I found and restored a very nice original 67 hood tach, I didn't want to cut the hole in my original hood. So, I got a repro hood, cut the hole for the tach, and decided to open up the scoop and trim the hood bracing for ram air pan at the same time.

Old 01-15-2007, 05:37 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

PHS on my 1967 GTO Convertible XS Ram Air, Radio: AM pusubutton, Rear speaker, Door edge guards, #444 Rally Gauge cluster & hood mounted tachometer, Rally I wheels, Power steering, Power brakes, Tinted windshield only, Power windows, Head rests, Floor mats front only, Safe-t-track differential, 4:33 rear axle ratio, and Close ratio 4-speed.

Old 01-15-2007, 07:47 PM

Default Rare Options / Standard

I have just started frame off (no pictures)...but thought my car is note worthy...'67 convertible with Turquoise Top, Bench Seat, 3 - in floor, Tilt steering wheel, power steering. I have been trying to find a source for the turquoise top replacement...could use some help!

Old 01-15-2007, 09:33 PM

How rare is the transistorized voltage regulator, also the map/reading lites on sides of headliner by coathooks?

Old 01-15-2007, 10:19 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via AIM to RA6T7GTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM AIR 1967
PHS on my 1967 GTO Convertible XS Ram Air, Radio: AM pusubutton, Rear speaker, Door edge guards, #444 Rally Gauge cluster & hood mounted tachometer, Rally I wheels, Power steering, Power brakes, Tinted windshield only, Power windows, Head rests, Floor mats front only, Safe-t-track differential, 4:33 rear axle ratio, and Close ratio 4-speed.
what does the dash have in it to replace tach, gauges must be different arrangement than std rally setup, very cool would be great if you could post a pic,

Old 01-15-2007, 10:34 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via AIM to RA6T7GTO

i have a 67 hdt gulf turquoise, blk int
not many options, but a few good ones, factory ram air, wood wheel, power steering,trunk light
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-001S.JPG
Views:	252
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	79312   Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-002S.JPG
Views:	264
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	79313   Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-003S.JPG
Views:	236