Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-26-2021, 09:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Reinstating Original AC

Our '67 Lemans came from the factory with AC. But the original engine was replaced and in making the switch, the options under the hood (AC and Cruise) were never put back together. Fortunately, most parts for both came with the car. I'm now looking at putting the AC back together. Are any of these parts reusable? The guy I bought it from told me they replaced the engine last year. So these parts have been open and laying around. I had to buy a new receiver-drier that was missing but I've read that it should be replaced any way. A local shop suggested that I put it all back together and they will clean and vacuum it out, then check for leaks. Although this will cost some money I'm thinking that it might be worth a shot. Replacing these parts would be an expensive proposition around here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2518.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	559513   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2530.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	559514   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2532.jpg
Views:	273