Collectibles FOR SALE DieCast, models, memorabilia

Old 02-07-2007, 01:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Muscle Car Illustrations & GTO/GT-37 ID Book

As some of you know, my daytime occupation is as an automotive illustrator/technical illustrator (otherwise know as a starving artist). For the last few years I've been offering my product on the web through my website http://www.whitehouse-graphics.com/index.html
I've got a special deal for the members of PY Forum. Order one print from my site, and I will pay for shipping. Order two or more prints and I will reduce the cost of each print by $5.00. Normal price is $29.95 per print + $5 for shipping. Here are some samples.

The prints measure 19"x13". I sign and number each print, with only 100 prints to be produced of each image. As you can see from the samples, I offer images of several makes of performance American iron; 27 different images.

For anyone interested, I also sell my book through the site.

Special deal for PY Forum members only; free shipping + I'll sign and date your copy. This is the only source for a signed copy. Go to my site for ordering info. Be sure to identify yourself as a PY Forum member to get the special discounts.

Old 02-10-2007, 07:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Fantastic artwork Eric.

You need to get Paypal or something for your site.
I hate slow mail and it's a pain to go and get a money order.
But, it's on the way.

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 02-12-2007, 12:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks John. I lost over a thousand dollars on PayPal sometime during the last year, so I don't really trust that institution right now.

Old 02-12-2007, 09:43 AM

Great work Eric. Do you ship outside US too?

But I do miss my favorite GTO, 1966, and the ´70 Buick GSX. Any plan on adding those?

Old 02-13-2007, 03:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thank you as well HL. I do ship outside the U.S. Both of your suggestions are good ones. Any color preferrences?

Old 02-14-2007, 03:23 AM

As for the GSX why not use Brad Conley´s GSX Concept/show-car. This might not be the best pic but I can contact Brad and see if his got another. You might even need his permission to use it.
When it comes to the ´66 GTO. Why not make a poll on this board which color/body that is the most popular. I would like to see a Barrier Blue, Tiger Gold or Turquoise.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Buick048.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	292.6 KB
ID:	82611  

Old 02-14-2007, 10:26 AM
Senior Chief

Nice work Eric!
On the 20th TTA print, what numbers do you have left?
You can PM me if you wish.
For a wish list, I have a Lucerne Blue/blue 1970 Trans Am (Hint-hint)

Thanks,

George

Old 02-14-2007, 11:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Geroge, I've sold twenty-three prints of the 20thTTA so far. Surprisingly, print number 89 has not been requested as of yet. A Lucerne Blue '70 TA may be in the works in the near future. A good friend of mine is restoring just such 'Bird. Not certain on the timing.

Old 02-14-2007, 11:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Larson
As for the GSX why not use Brad Conley´s GSX Concept/show-car. This might not be the best pic but I can contact Brad and see if his got another. You might even need his permission to use it.
When it comes to the ´66 GTO. Why not make a poll on this board which color/body that is the most popular. I would like to see a Barrier Blue, Tiger Gold or Turquoise.
HL, rendering concept/show cars is not a problem, marketing prints of concept/show cars is a problem. Most buyers like to purchase prints of cars that form a connection of personal significance. It is my experience that a stock appearing image of a popular color sells best. So that makes the color choice of the '70 GSX fairly simple. What was the range; yellow, white, and black? I believe that Saturn Yellow was by far the most produced color.

As for the '66 GTO, I have a close friend who owns one of the nicest Burgundy hardtops in the world. That would probably be my first choice, but there are always two other body styles to illustrate after that hardtop. I have another good friend who owns a real nice Barrier Blue Sport Coupe, and my favorite color has always been any shade of Turquoise...

Basing my illustrations off of non-copyrighted photos is not a legal problem. Even when I do utliize a copyrighted photo, all I have to do is change the color, a wheel style, change the angle of the front tires, add an exterally visible item such as a power antenna and I can call the image my own without the photograhper's permission.

Last edited by gtoric; 02-14-2007 at 11:29 AM.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:52 AM

Having purchased Erics stuff in the past I can say it is absolutely top notch, you will not be disappointed. I'm not aware of a black GSX, but I know they made a red one in 1971. Very rare even for a GSX. Yellow would sell the most prints...

Old 02-14-2007, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wanabee
Having purchased Erics stuff in the past I can say it is absolutely top notch, you will not be disappointed. I'm not aware of a black GSX, but I know they made a red one in 1971. Very rare even for a GSX. Yellow would sell the most prints...
They made the ´70 GSX in Saturn Yellow or Apollo White only. In ´71 I think you could get any GS color.

Old 02-14-2007, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtoric
HL, rendering concept/show cars is not a problem, marketing prints of concept/show cars is a problem. Most buyers like to purchase prints of cars that form a connection of personal significance. It is my experience that a stock appearing image of a popular color sells best. So that makes the color choice of the '70 GSX fairly simple. What was the range; yellow, white, and black? I believe that Saturn Yellow was by far the most produced color.

As for the '66 GTO, I have a close friend who owns one of the nicest Burgundy hardtops in the world. That would probably be my first choice, but there are always two other body styles to illustrate after that hardtop. I have another good friend who owns a real nice Barrier Blue Sport Coupe, and my favorite color has always been any shade of Turquoise...

Basing my illustrations off of non-copyrighted photos is not a legal problem. Even when I do utliize a copyrighted photo, all I have to do is change the color, a wheel style, change the angle of the front tires, add an exterally visible item such as a power antenna and I can call the image my own without the photograhper's permission.
You are probably right about the GSX and the Saturn Yellow was the popular choice.

My first choice on GTO would be a Turquoise one but Barrier Blue is close behind.

If you get a 66 GTO I´ll buy one no matter what color is it.

Old 02-19-2007, 07:52 PM

Default Prints

Very nice work. Would you do a 1967 Catalina 2+2 428 car ? I'd buy it !

Old 02-22-2007, 11:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

So many cars, so little time... Right now I'm thinking of doing the "Bullitt" Charger and Mustang.

Old 02-27-2007, 11:07 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Eric...

I already own #18/100 of the Can Am. Now, If you would just do a Silver 69 GTO I would buy that one as well

1969 Pontiac GTO - Back On Top - Popular Hot Rodding Magazine
Old 02-27-2007, 05:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtoric

Gee Eric, I wonder who's car that would be??

I don't own any of the artwork, but I can tell you the book should be considered the wholly grail on GTO identification guides. There isn't a better one out there.

Old 03-01-2007, 12:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69*Goat
Eric...

I already own #18/100 of the Can Am. Now, If you would just do a Silver 69 GTO I would buy that one as well
How about a Silver Judge?

Old 07-19-2007, 10:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

bump

Old 07-20-2007, 03:33 PM
Senior Chief

Send a message via AIM to 1969Judge

Eric,

I would definitely be interested if you decide to do a silver '69 Judge rendering...and even more so if it were a ragtop! (Okay, so that was too obvious, but I couldn't resist )

I already have a copy of your book that I got at the GTOAA's a few years back. It is a great reference and I use it all the time. I may take you up on the offer to get a signed one though.

Scott

Old 07-23-2007, 04:33 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Eric:

Do you take requests??? I would love to see what you could do with my car!