Old 04-14-2013, 08:12 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default power window

Thought I would put this in here also. I am going crazy trying to get the windows to work on my 68 gto conver. They are lubed and the motor seems find. I tested voltage and got 11.4 with engine off and around 13 4 running. This is at the red line leading into the back of the switch. I got the front to move very slow with engine off and me helping and very very slow with motor running. What is the fix for these? I dont even care if they only run from the drivers seat at this point. Could the switch be losing alot of votage>? Car sitting 20 years so not sure. I did lube them all up. Interior is out so any ides would help thanks Doug going in for new top this week.What voltage do they like? I am not goog on electric problem but willing to try anything.

1979 400 Block, 1970 Heads, Unknown Cam, Comp Cam Lifters, Edelbrock RPM Intake, Hedman Headers, Holley 750 Carb, WFO Drop Base SOLD

1968 GTO convertable project. 400 auto with air. west coast car . Not started in 15 ..update now running (around block spinning tires all the way. Have a lot of cosmetic work to do winter of 17/18

1969 GTO 400 4 Speed this a complete project. Rebuild will start in spring of 2017. SOLD
Old 04-14-2013, 10:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

they are never going to work like a modern car, so you have to accept that, even brand new they where not fast, but they where steady

a bad switch or dry or new glass runs will do exactly what your are describing even the outer glass weather strips will do that, if ya get everything tight, as in aftermarket new rubber products, it will slow it down.

bad grounds make them run slow too..hard to say with out actually seeing them work..

The Goat whisperer

"I spent a lot of my money on booze, crazy women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

Old 04-15-2013, 02:31 AM

Have you tried another window motor? If you're getting 13 volts and the window is slow, the motor is probably bad. It's also possible you have an alignment issue between the front vent window channel and the glass run channel.

1965 Ford Mustang
1965 Oldsmobile 442
1968 Pontiac GTO
1968 Dodge Charger
1972 Chevrolet Vega (V8)
1973 Corvette Stingray
1978 Pontiac Trans Am
1980 Triumph Spitfire
1983 GMC A-Team Van