Old 03-11-2013, 08:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Found another GT-37 build sheet

Found another build sheet yesterday in the GT-37. I looked after finding out in another thread the Lakewood built casrs often had a buils sheet behind the drivers door panel. I took the door panel off yesterday and sure enough before the panel was all of the way off I could see a build sheet in the lower front area of the door panel. Still somewhat taped to the panel and in better shape than I would have expected from sitting outside for 16-17 years with the drivers window down. Here are some pictures where the build sheet was found. At least now I can see what the selling dealer was and it is different than the one listed on my PHS. Would that be due to my car being a zone rep car (from what someone on this board mentioned) for 8 months and turned into another dealer? Looks like the selling dealer was Bill Beck Pontiac in Charlotte, NC and the PHS states Sonny Hancock Pontiac Gastonia, NC ?

The original tape that was holding the build sheet in place to the trim panel.

The original Castillian Bronxe color. I don't think this panel was ever taken off the car.

Even my German Shepherd Marlie Cruze helped out.

GT-37/DSC04777.jpg[/IMG]

Car is a junk yard dog and maybe one day will be restored.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks for posting that.

Take a quick look and make sure the VIN matches. It is not uncommon for the wrong build sheet to make it into the wrong car (or one car with several wrong build sheets).

Barring that - the dealer info on the build sheet will be for the dealer that generated the original order (and order number). If your car was a company owned vehicle and had multiple invoice transactions then the second dealership could be (and likely would be) different. PHS will sometimes have multiple invoices for the same car with this kind of history.

I would, however, have expected that first "dealership" to be some internal GM owner, like Engineering or the Pontiac retail store.

K

'74 Chevelle - original owner, 9.85 @ 136 mph besthttp://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/
My Pontiac Story: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=560524
"Intro from an old Assembly Plant Guy":http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926

Last edited by Keith Seymore; 03-11-2013 at 08:41 AM.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:36 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Seymore View Post
Thanks for posting that.

Take a quick look and make sure the VIN matches. It is not uncommon for the wrong build sheet to make it into the wrong car (or one car with several wrong build sheets).

Barring that - the dealer info on the build sheet will be for the dealer that generated the original order (and order number). If your car was a company owned vehicle and had multiple invoice transactions then the second dealership could be (and likely would be) different. PHS will sometimes have multiple invoices for the same car with this kind of history.

K
True Dat,,,,, had a 76 coupe d villa caddy, found a build sheet tucked in the original rear seat for a buick Riv. Good for you on finding the sheet, Thats always great to have that birth certificate.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default nice

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...ht=build+sheet

Old 03-11-2013, 08:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Congrats on the new find!

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 03-11-2013, 12:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Seymore View Post
Thanks for posting that.

I would, however, have expected that first "dealership" to be some internal GM owner, like Engineering or the Pontiac retail store.

K
The VIN does match. I was missing the bottom portion of my original build sheet. At least now I have the missing piece of the puzzle.

I wonder what the ods are there is a build sheet behind the right door panel?

Old 03-11-2013, 12:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4SLASH6 View Post
Your build sheet is in very nice condition compared to mine. Even had the same kind of masking tape that held it in place.

Old 03-11-2013, 01:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

yes, sheet was as new. believe car was a lifelong southern car. I remember I about fell over when I removed door panel and saw the sheet!! I think I started screaming!! have since sold car but with instructions to new owner to take care of documentation included with sale.

Old 03-11-2013, 05:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Nice find! It looks like a small version of the 8x11 type?

Obviously you have trained your Shepard Marlie to wiff out build sheets. Maybe you can bring her some upcoming car shows and make a few bucks!

Old 03-12-2013, 07:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripower View Post
Nice find! It looks like a small version of the 8x11 type?

Obviously you have trained your Shepard Marlie to wiff out build sheets. Maybe you can bring her some upcoming car shows and make a few bucks!
The build sheet is about 8 1/2" X11". Maybe the dog will find another under the right door trim panel.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:10 AM
Senior Chief

This may be too much info, but I just read this thread and ran down to my garage in my underwear to check my door trim panels. Nothing. Back to the couch.

Old 03-13-2013, 07:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icefan71 View Post
This may be too much info, but I just read this thread and ran down to my garage in my underwear to check my door trim panels. Nothing. Back to the couch.
LOL!