Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 07-07-2008, 12:32 PM

Default what should be done

first I would like to introduce myself since I'm a noobe. My name is Kim, live in SE Washington and own a 64 lemans 2dr 4 speed, 65 tempest SW low mileage, 65 & 67 GTO convert, 66 gto, 67 gto hdtp 4 speed, 67 lemans 4 dr hdtp V-8, 70 lemans sport and a 72 GT-37 w/GTO options. I think thats it or will it be ???
I've loved the GTO's ever since they came out in 64. Who hasn't or doesn't.
OK now to my question what should I do ????
I've got a friend that owns a junk yard and hes got 2 69 GTO's ( 1 = 4 speed the other a auto) that are only good for body parts of what is left, that have been sitting for 15 + years.
He never recieved the IDAHO titles ( most likely got lost or tossed) for the goats but the vin and dated plates are still attached. I know who the owners are since I use to live in that area back in the mid 70's. I hate to see them get cut up since thats all there worth - maybe.
I would like to take then on for projects but I don't have the time and place to do that.
So what should be done -cut and sell whats left and what should be done with the vin plate and dated plate.
Your on this matter is needed.

Old 07-07-2008, 01:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Nice collection you have Kim.

Get them both out of the junkyard if you could buy them both real cheap. If not, just let them go if they're both in real bad shape. If it was me.. I'd let them go seeing I don't have the room for them.

If there's anything salvageable on either car you could sell the parts or sell the cars to someone looking for one to restore. There shold be a way to get the titles from DMV. Just tell they they got lost and the owner can't find them. Maybe the owners you know have the titles or can help you get replacements. Or it's possible they were both stolen cars. In that case you don't want anything to do with them.

The data and vin tags should stay with the cars and not taken off..... no matter what's done with them. And with vin plate info DMV can tell what thier status is.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 07-07-2008, 01:41 PM
Suspended

You could easily get titles for $150 per car through www.broadwaytitle.com

Old 07-07-2008, 05:09 PM

Titles can also be had by applying for abandoned vehicle titles as long as they haven't been salvaged at some time.

Mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill