Ames Customer Satisfaction Forum Post a 'current' compliment, suggestion or issue with regard to an Ames service or product.

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 04:47 PM
Suspended

Default bump rule terrible big time!!!

I see guys in py forums putting each other down, calling them out, doing all kinds of stuff and my ad is closed because i bump more than once a day???What harm is it doing??? Terrible ting, but i will follow these rules next time!!!

Old 07-14-2013, 04:52 PM

Terrible because you feel the rules shouldn't apply to you or because you don't happen to agree with them?

You have been warned before about your abuse of the 3-day bump rule in the PY classifieds yet you continue to break that rule.

That rule was enacted to prevent folks from hogging the best advertising spot at the top the classified forum.

If you don't wish to follow the very fair classified rules then don't advertise here, simple as that.

Classified Rules: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=521076

The '3 day bump' rule.
You cannot bump , btt, or otherwise bring your ad back to the top more often than every three days.

Need to add pictures or other info? Please wait the required 3 days to do so.

You can answer questions that are posted in the thread. Just keep in mind that we want the Classifieds to work well for you as well as your fellow PY sellers, so be fair to to others and don't bump your For Sale ad excessively.

If you 'bump' your ad before the 3 day waiting period is over your 'bump' may be deleted, or your thread may get locked at the moderator's discretion.

All in the spirit of fairness to other sellers, your ad is NOT more important than anyone else's.

Old 07-14-2013, 05:52 PM
Suspended

i will follow rules as you say!!

Old 07-14-2013, 06:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-man View Post
If you don't wish to follow the very fair classified rules then don't advertise here, simple as that.

x's 2

Old 07-14-2013, 10:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I love it!
DIE spammers!

Old 07-15-2013, 05:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 694.1 View Post
I love it!
DIE spammers!
Not so fast. Rich (Cruiser) is not a spammer. He is a hobbyist like the rest of us. He did bump his ads too often, but he is not a serial spammer.

Old 07-16-2013, 05:47 PM
Administrator

The point is that we have been administrating these Pontiac Forums for 22 years now! Over that period, without sounding to condescending, we'd like to think we've become the 'experts' at this. We started the forums to help the Pontiac community share information. That original reason still holds true! So although sometimes it looks like we are the police, ****'s, mean, unreasonable, inflexible etc. it's ALL done for a reason! And that reason is to make the forums the best possible experience for the vast majority of the viewers. Is there room for improvement? Sure. Things change and new ideas come along. This is not one of those but we welcome your comments just the same. Just please try and keep in mind that ALL of our rules and regulations generally benefit these forums and in turn the entire Pontiac Hobby.

Old 07-16-2013, 07:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Beats paying Ebay Fees or dealing with CL scammers as well...

Thanks For The Free Ad Space!

Old 07-17-2013, 11:02 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHarper View Post
Beats paying Ebay Fees or dealing with CL scammers as well...

Thanks For The Free Ad Space!
AMEN !

Old 07-17-2013, 12:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Other website/forums that I visit ban repeat offenders that abuse the rules. They also look at the Classifieds as a serious and valuable FREE tool for members to use and benefit from.

69 OHC ZH Sprint Hurst 3 Speed 3:55 (1 of 213)
99 Valkyrie 1520cc Flat 6 108hp/110tq - For Sale
http://sohcsix.yuku.com/forums/1/OHC-lounge
Wanted: 1969 OHC "H" Camshaft
Old 07-18-2013, 12:08 AM
Suspended

My opinion, i see guys get put down repeatedly, there cars are better than yours, never a word said. I guess thats just the buddy buddy system works i guess.

Old 07-18-2013, 05:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default You win

Here's your prize.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	some people are.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	330089  

Old 07-18-2013, 09:11 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67cruiser View Post
My opinion, i see guys get put down repeatedly, there cars are better than yours, never a word said. I guess thats just the buddy buddy system works i guess.
sigh.... That's a completely separate issue. If you want to discuss why we don't read and analyze every single one of the thousands of topics on PY, we will oblige in a separate topic. This topic is about the 'bump' rule that is pretty darn cut and dry. Your new complaint is a much more difficult and time consuming rule to manage. Start another topic about 'buddy buddy system' and we'll hopefully be able to put things in perspective for you.

Old 07-18-2013, 09:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400 4spd. View Post
Here's your prize.
lol

69 OHC ZH Sprint Hurst 3 Speed 3:55 (1 of 213)
99 Valkyrie 1520cc Flat 6 108hp/110tq - For Sale
http://sohcsix.yuku.com/forums/1/OHC-lounge
Wanted: 1969 OHC "H" Camshaft
Old 07-18-2013, 10:37 AM
Suspended

no complaints whats so ever, trying to make a point on ears that won,t listen, thats all.

Old 07-18-2013, 03:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Rich,by most accounts,you're the only member around here who has a problem with listening to others.

You only hear what you wanna hear,and you completely ignore everything else.

Sorry to be so blunt,but I call 'em like I see 'em.

Most members agree that the "for sale" forum rules are fine,I know I never had a problem with them myself.

So ask me,there's no need to fix what is'nt broken,just to suit your POV.

The world simply does'nt revolve around one persons whims & desires,that sorta POV reaks of one who is self-centered and selfish.

Anyhow,I seem to recall that you got a brief vacation for this sorta thing in the not too distant past?

I dunno,I guess I found all this drama kinda funny because in your most recent thread (the 3rd one mind you) about those Weld wheels you said,and I quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67cruiser
SORRY TO ALL PY MEMBERS IF I BUMPED TO MANY TIMES. IM LEARNING!!
I had to LOL @ that comment because it's apparent to some here that you have'nt learnt a d@mn thing,at least not yet,because you seem to keep repeating the same mistakes over & over again,this despite repeated attempts to sway you from doing such.

Ask me,no one here @ PY is out to get you Rich,the truth is most folks here have been trying to help you,often to the point of complete & utter frustration,yet again it seems that you're just too d@mn stubborn to listen to anyone who has a lick of commen sense,thus making it virtually impossible for any attempts to help you get thru to you.

Again,just calling it like I see it.

Also,dont think I'm bashing you here or anything like that Rich,as I'm not.

It's just that sometimes a direct approach is the only approach that has any hope in working.

Think of all this as an intervention of sorts...

Lighten up a bit,try to listen once & a while,and keep a more open mind.

Then it'll all be smooth sailing from that point forward.

FWIW

Bret P.

In the meantime,check out the cars HERE.

Old 07-18-2013, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67cruiser View Post
I see guys in py forums putting each other down, calling them out, doing all kinds of stuff and my ad is closed because i bump more than once a day???What harm is it doing??? Terrible ting, but i will follow these rules next time!!!
You could start your own Forums site... It's gotta be easier to get set up now than it ever has been.

Chris

Old 07-18-2013, 11:50 PM
Suspended

Screamer, you make it a habbit of running me down every time, You really have issue,s. I listen very well but when i see cursing and yelling about who,s best and never a word said to them i have a right to get a little upset. Try reading the forums. I don,t need to make up my own rules. its just nib picking thats all. This thing about bumping is RIGHT. I WAS WRONG SO LETS ALL JUST DROP IT!)

Closed Thread