THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2023, 01:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmygoat View Post
Tesla is the only one with a large increase in battery supply, as described above.
And that explains a $41,000 price drop? I don't think so.

Old 09-10-2023, 01:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmygoat View Post
This is false. Tesla will sell ~30% more evs in 2023 than in 2022. There is no competition.
False?

If there is no competition, as YOU say, why are they dropping their prices so much?

Competition.

Competition for a product that most Americans don't want. That's why EV inventory on dealer lots has swelled 350% this year over 2022.

Overproduction of a product that most Americans don't want.

If it wasn't for government subsidies, the EV market wouldn't exist.

The Following User Says Thank You to The Champ For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2023, 02:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
False?

If there is no competition, as YOU say, why are they dropping their prices so much?

Competition.

Competition for a product that most Americans don't want. That's why EV inventory on dealer lots has swelled 350% this year over 2022.

Overproduction of a product that most Americans don't want.

If it wasn't for government subsidies, the EV market wouldn't exist.
Overproduction of a product that most Americans don't want. That pretty much nails it. If the price of a ev was the same as a ice sales I believe would not increase for the ev. Most people don't want a ev...period.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scott70 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2023, 03:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
All manufacturers haven't dropped their prices $41,000 in 9 months.

Tesla is the only one.

Next excuse?
No excuses here. I was in the car business for 30 years. When your product is in demand, you can charge more. You can't tell me you've never seen cars selling for ridiculous pricing, if you attempt to, you're being niave. Look at what has happened to car prices the last few years, 2 year old vehicles were selling for more than MSRP was 2 years prior. Some 10k over 2 YO MSRP. ALL manufacturers of any product ask what they think they can get for said product, when they have to many widgets on the shelf, they sell them for less. Like I said, ALL manufacturers do this. I'm not a Tesla or an electric car fan but why try to discredit a car company for the same practices that every car company does? You're picking the wrong argument. They're all guilty, does it really matter how much over?

If people were willing to pay 41k more than they are today, so be it. Maybe the negative press with car fires has something to do with it. It's a free and fair market, if you don't like the price, don't buy one, that simple. That's what I chose, I don't want one at any price, so I didn't buy one.

Last edited by necdb3; 09-10-2023 at 03:17 PM.
Old 09-10-2023, 08:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Scotty makes some great points about NOT buying a Ecar.
"I told you this would happen"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEm2djwWIi0

Old 09-11-2023, 03:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by necdb3 View Post
No excuses here. I was in the car business for 30 years. When your product is in demand, you can charge more. You can't tell me you've never seen cars selling for ridiculous pricing, if you attempt to, you're being niave.
My dad was in the car business from before I was born until 1997. I was born in 1954 - feel free to do the math yourself...

I had one brother who spent 20 years in the car business (sales and F&I). I spent some time selling cars myself.

I'm not naïve at all. I understand it better than most.

To reiterate my previous post:

Competition is what is driving Tesla's price reductions.

They know that consumers now have many viable options IF that want an EV. Tesla may be the sales 'leader' today, but that will change as other manufacturers start ramping up production of better looking and better performing EV's.

Like you, at this time I have no interest in one. I may in the future when the product proves itself for those that live in flyover country. Currently an EV is not a viable product for the vast majority of people.

The current buyers are upper middle class to filthy rich that want to impress their neighbors how concerned for the environment.

Funny thing, many of those folks who claim to be concerned about the environment are the same ones sailing in their private yachts or private jets (examples - John Kerry - Jeff Bezos)

John Kerry was among the many attendees at the climate change summit in Davos, Switzerland this year. 53% of those using private jets lived close enough to Davos that the trip could have easily been made by car or train with less impact to the environment. One attendee flew 10 miles to attend...

Jeff Bezos' private yacht burns 230 gallons of fuel for every hour that the engines are running. It's 127 meters long so about 60 feet longer than a football field.

When they start making EV's that the the working man can afford and have a viable charging solution for those that rent in places that don't have charging stations, EV's might just become more appealing to the average person.

They have a LONG way to go before long distance travel is practical here in the Midwest. Very long stretches with out high speed chargers readily available in quantities large enough and close enough to the highways to ensure a reasonable refueling time.

Old 09-11-2023, 03:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Champ,
Having my father in the business for 40+ years and my grandfather being in his own repair biz for his lifetime, we both have the same history, but I fail to see the relevance other than our own personal history.

I agree with all your saying in your last post, I just didn't agree with you attempting to say that Tesla was doing something different than what all other manufacturers do and I'm not a fan of Tesla. I know you are a huge fan of GM, but they're just as guilty as next guy.

IMO, these electrics have a long, long way to go before I would be convinced to buy one. They are interesting to me, just not practical. Especially when towing. Some of the trucks, the towing range is under 100 miles. I've been to Pigeon forge, T/A Nats, POCI Nats, and fairly local (100-150 mile) shows towing a car from mid east Florida. I can't imagine having to stop and charge my truck several times to get there. It would be days to get to some of these places.

Old 09-11-2023, 06:03 PM
Senior Chief

You two are splitting hairs.

Tesla may or may not be doing the same thing as other manufacturers. Elon getting subsidies per car locked in prior to building any was a nice trick. Dropping the price 30% or so in less than a year is also interesting. Is it good marketing, a sign of the current economic condition, over supply due to rapidly increasing production, reduced parts cost due to economy of scale or a combination or these plus some other things not mentioned or thought of?

Who cares, I was possibly thinking of solar panels on my roof and a EV for around town use, but I’m going to wait some more because I think it’s a bit of a house of cards.

I don’t care if I’m wrong, not much to loose except maybe more tax dollars.

Old 09-15-2023, 03:53 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default self reducing weight feature...

https://futurism.com/the-byte/cybert...iece-flies-off

'74 T/A 455 Y-code SD clone

previously on Dawson's Creek:

'74 T/A 400
'81 AMC SX/4
'69 FB 350
The Following User Says Thank You to kingbuzzo For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2023, 11:37 AM
Senior Chief

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkN_HrsXEG8

Old 09-25-2023, 01:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thank you internet for making America STUPID again.

Old 10-16-2023, 04:11 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default british cars never shart when it rains...so all the time lol

Tesla owner's 'heart missed a beat' at a $20,000 estimate to fix battery damaged by rain

'74 T/A 455 Y-code SD clone

previously on Dawson's Creek:

'74 T/A 400
'81 AMC SX/4
'69 FB 350
The Following User Says Thank You to kingbuzzo For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2023, 08:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Tesla pricing is down because savings is at an all time low.
Debt is at an all time high. Tesla payed its R&D and tooling already on current models so they can sell for less now. They also were able to take a lot of the rare earth minerals out of the batteries which is the most expensive part of the cars.

I’m so sick of the haters. . I’m no greenie. I don’t own a Tesla because it’s green or any stupid BS that they came up with. I own a Tesla because it’s a better car. I own some bad azz Ice cars, 6 figure cars even and they don’t compare to my Tesla. In any way .
Not even in the ballpark!!!! So you’re missing out.
Some day people will get it and even regret it. These are the SD Swiss cheese tempests and Catalina’s of today ! No doubt about it they destroy all challengers. (Pun intended) and I mean destroy other stuff isn’t even close.

But a haters gotta hate so enjoy your thread . Bunch of people who never owned one who don’t know squat about them talking Crap. Gotta love that. . It’d actually be kinda funny. If it wasn’t dangerous .

How’s it dangerous-

https://x.com/teslaownerssv/status/1...600371199?s=42

selling turbos and turbo related parts since 2005!

Last edited by turbo69bird; 10-16-2023 at 09:01 PM.
Old 10-16-2023, 08:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
My dad was in the car business from before I was born until 1997. I was born in 1954 - feel free to do the math yourself...

I had one brother who spent 20 years in the car business (sales and F&I). I spent some time selling cars myself.

I'm not naïve at all. I understand it better than most.

To reiterate my previous post:

Competition is what is driving Tesla's price reductions.

They know that consumers now have many viable options IF that want an EV. Tesla may be the sales 'leader' today, but that will change as other manufacturers start ramping up production of better looking and better performing EV's.

Like you, at this time I have no interest in one. I may in the future when the product proves itself for those that live in flyover country. Currently an EV is not a viable product for the vast majority of people.

The current buyers are upper middle class to filthy rich that want to impress their neighbors how concerned for the environment.

Funny thing, many of those folks who claim to be concerned about the environment are the same ones sailing in their private yachts or private jets (examples - John Kerry - Jeff Bezos)

John Kerry was among the many attendees at the climate change summit in Davos, Switzerland this year. 53% of those using private jets lived close enough to Davos that the trip could have easily been made by car or train with less impact to the environment. One attendee flew 10 miles to attend...

Jeff Bezos' private yacht burns 230 gallons of fuel for every hour that the engines are running. It's 127 meters long so about 60 feet longer than a football field.

When they start making EV's that the the working man can afford and have a viable charging solution for those that rent in places that don't have charging stations, EV's might just become more appealing to the average person.

They have a LONG way to go before long distance travel is practical here in the Midwest. Very long stretches with out high speed chargers readily available in quantities large enough and close enough to the highways to ensure a reasonable refueling time.
These posts about Hippocrates is so accurate though . Good love it. Because these people are full of it. They are NOT worried about the climate and their actions broke it , And elon is all over them about it too. He’s the ultimate recycler he lands his freaking rockets and reuses them. NASA never did that did they???

selling turbos and turbo related parts since 2005!
Old 10-16-2023, 09:14 PM

Thumbs down

Is the horse still dead?

Closed Thread