Old 07-11-2012, 06:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird69 View Post
Dale, you make a very good point that there may have been different part numbers for rebuild kits and i had not even considered that. GT182 requested an impeller part number though so when I saw that I had something different I thought that I'd pass it along since I have it available.

I also found it interesting that the pump housing casting # is 9796351 and the impeller casting # is 9796352 so my guess would be that the impeller is the original GM part.

Mark
Mark,
I had forgot that you have a different casting number since yours is the short snout. I would imagine yours is still the original impeller since they are only one number different. My pump casting number is 488296 and the impeller is 488297. So I would imagine it is the original impeller as well. I had a brain misfire because I forgot the short snout had a completely different number ending in 351 so it makes since your impeller would end in 352.
Dale

Old 07-12-2012, 02:54 AM
Suspended

Even the sales reps at FlowKooler are reccommending you buy your pump from NAPA,

Now thats honesty!

Old 07-14-2012, 03:58 PM

anyone ever had any experience with this water pump? PWR1445500
their web site states it has a reliable cast iron cnc machined impeller
www.prwonlinestores.com (sorry this old man doesn't know how to attach their link)
They don't show a picture of the impeller on the web site,just the face of the pump.
I'm looking for a high flow pump for my 301 t/a and 400 81 clone. Found the pump for
$86.00 on the jobber warehouse.also while working out of town i stopped at a Pep Boys and the water pump they had in stock was a cast impeller,but with the shorter smaller vanes than factory pumps.

Old 07-14-2012, 08:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by yumpy View Post
anyone ever had any experience with this water pump? PWR1445500
their web site states it has a reliable cast iron cnc machined impeller
www.prwonlinestores.com (sorry this old man doesn't know how to attach their link)
They don't show a picture of the impeller on the web site,just the face of the pump.
I'm looking for a high flow pump for my 301 t/a and 400 81 clone. Found the pump for
$86.00 on the jobber warehouse.also while working out of town i stopped at a Pep Boys and the water pump they had in stock was a cast impeller,but with the shorter smaller vanes than factory pumps.
I did a lot of research on their pump and it seems they make a high quality pump, but none of their adds ever showed the impeller. I finally found some pictures that someone had posted on one of the forums and they use the same cut down version that so many of the aftermarket new pumps do. I have never seen anyone post anything negative about their pumps and they seem to be satisfied with them. The only product that I found that always has a high quality long vane cast iron impeller is the Evans pump, but very pricey at $185 for the pump plus $15 shipping. But I guess you get what you pay for. That is one of the reasons I decided to find an original pump that still had its original impeller.
Dale