Exhaust TECH Mufflers, Headers and Pipes Issues

Old 09-11-2023, 05:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Lightbulb Hooker 4108

So it looks like a lot of the hooker headers are unavailable. Other than the Doug’s that come at a cost what fits the 69 GTO well. These are probably temporary because the Ram air manifolds are unavailable at the time and I need something. On the cheap and painted will be ok.

Thanks

Old 09-12-2023, 10:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I am very happy with hedman headers, i use them on 2nd gen firebirds, the fit is excellent and they are priced much better than the more expensive brands like dougs or the bigger hookers.

Old 09-12-2023, 11:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 'probably temporary'

What cam this engine have in it? moreover how much valve overlap does the cam have?

With a mild factory type cam, stock logs would work for temporary

Clay

Old 09-12-2023, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78w72 View Post
I am very happy with hedman headers, i use them on 2nd gen firebirds, the fit is excellent and they are priced much better than the more expensive brands like dougs or the bigger hookers.
I also went with Hedman. They met nearly all the criteria of my build: A/C, Power Steering, D-Port, Turbo 350 and (drum roll) column shift. The factory shift linkage didn't quite clear, but there were no issues with forming the down rod in a universal linkage kit.

I also think the Hedman's sound better than the Hookers that were used for the dyno pulls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxDtH_76piU

Old 09-12-2023, 12:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by srmmmm View Post
I also went with Hedman. They met nearly all the criteria of my build: A/C, Power Steering, D-Port, Turbo 350 and (drum roll) column shift. The factory shift linkage didn't quite clear, but there were no issues with forming the down rod in a universal linkage kit.

I also think the Hedman's sound better than the Hookers that were used for the dyno pulls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxDtH_76piU
Main reason I used the hedmans on my 78 T/A is they were one of the only reasonably priced headers that would fit 4 speed transmissions.