Old 03-24-2012, 09:50 PM

Default Wanted: 77-78 Firebird, Trans Am, Formula or Esprit

I am looking to buy a 77 or 78 Firebird, TA, Formula, or Esprit. I am really not picky about certain things. It could be:

T-Tops, sunroof, or plain
4 speed or automatic
400, 403, Chevy engine, or V6
Any color BESIDES silver or green
Snowflakes or Rally II's

I would prefer it to already be in full Trans Am regalia with all appropriate spoilers and graphics, but that is not a deal breaker. I would prefer the interior to be either done, or only in need of simple repairs, like new seat covers and stuff like that. I would also prefer a black interior, with tan / brown being the second choice, but again, that is not a deal breaker. An AC car would be ideal. It does not even have to be a real TA...it could be a clone made from a base V6 model. It could even be in need of a fresh paint job.

I like most blues (especially Martinique Blue), Black, bright Orange, Brown, Gold, White, bright Red, even Yellow! I do not like that light blue, or silver, or any shade of green, or purple, now that I think about it. But even if it is the wrong color, that STILL isn't a total deal breaker...

The one thing that is a deal breaker is rust. There cannot be any rust on the car at all. Anywhere. Not in the floors, not in the frame rails, not in any of the panels...no rust at all. It is okay if it used to have cancer but was professionally fixed, but I don't want any rust anywhere, and I do not want a Bondo queen.

I have been hitting up ScamBay and Craigslist every day, and I figured I would also start running an ad here. You guys would probably be the best people to be asking!

I am located in Southwest Florida, and would prefer something in this state, or at least within reasonable driving distance from this state (Georgia, the Carolinas). Something further than that would have to be a crazy reliable car, since I would have to fly out and drive it back, most likely.

Thanks everyone!!

Tommy

Old 03-26-2012, 11:14 AM

I am a motivated buyer with the cash on hand...not a dreamer or tire kicker.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:17 PM

I am also not looking to go through a dealer or anything like that. I want to stick with private sellers.

Remember, I don't actually need it to be a real Trans Am...or numbers matching anything. I am absolutely not concerned about that sort of thing and have no desire to pay extra money unecessarily for that. Show me a totally rust free, base model Firebird in full Trans Am regalia and we are in business.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:11 PM

Not mine...but popped up on Craigslist today.

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/2926901854.html

Old 03-30-2012, 09:25 AM

I have been looking at cars left and right for the past two weeks. It is amazing how all over the place prices are. Found one yesterday morning that was actually perfect for me. Chesterfield Brown with Camel interior. Real TA. But the owner just would not come down into a reasonable area on his price, since he was the original owner, and is doubling the number based on sentiment. Not that I can blame the guy for that!

I see a lot of very nice cars available that are listed for stupid coin, but I also see these cars not selling. Well, I'm sure some are...and I know that overseas buyers tend to drop big dollars on vintage cars, but for the most part, doesn't it seem a bit like prices are artificially high right now? I really don't see anything moving, but sellers won't come off these crazy numbers.

Old 03-31-2012, 03:22 PM

I am in Houston with a sweet 78 TA, what price range you lookin at. white no ttop 4speed original w72 car but with auto still have original tranny #'s matchingblue and black graphics all new black interior.

Last edited by bs78ta; 03-31-2012 at 03:29 PM. Reason: add
Old 03-31-2012, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs78ta View Post
I am in Houston with a sweet 78 TA, what price range you lookin at. white no ttop 4speed original w72 car but with auto still have original tranny #'s matchingblue and black graphics all new black interior.
I am putting a cap of 10K at the moment. And while I have seen plenty of them listed for higher, I don't actually see those cars selling.

I like the sound of a 4 speed car.

Old 03-31-2012, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs78ta View Post
PM sent...

Old 04-01-2012, 12:29 PM

Still looking...somebody out there has the car I am looking for...

Old 04-05-2012, 01:04 AM

Soooo....are there just no cars in Florida??

Old 04-05-2012, 07:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

79?

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=672586

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 04-05-2012, 11:42 AM

Boss, the car is beautiful, and I absolutely love the color combination. But I just cannot do a 79-81. I know I won't make any friends here by saying so, but I think the nose and tail change they did for 79-81 is about the ugliest thing I have ever seen in my life. For me to touch that car I would have to get it cheap enough to allow me to change the nose and tail over to a 77-78 style.

Hold out for a buyer that likes the 79 style. That thing looks like it deserves a loving home. It looks gorgeous.

Tommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post

Old 08-16-2012, 07:37 PM

77 y82? your choice 4spd or an auto. all #'s matching