Old 01-21-2021, 05:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Pontiac races?

Does anyone have a list of Pontiac events this year? Now I have an enclosed trailer, I feel safer traveling. I am in NJ and my local track (Atco) is probably closing. No announcement yet. Turning into another car auction like Englishtown,

Old 01-21-2021, 07:49 PM

Hi Mike,

Not looking to hijack the thread HOWEVER Atco turning into a parking lot IS NOT final yet.

I've been trying to get anyone who's interested in preserving Atco to call into Waterford Twsp's Planning Board Zoom meeting next month. The auto auction looking to purchase and propose new land use for Atco Raceway had their proposal on the docket at last night's Zoom mtg. Last night's Zoom mtg had a decent amount of people dialing onto the mtg that support Atco staying as it is/opposing the auction/parking lot. So much so that the mtg overwhelmed the participant limit of 100 persons, and the attorney from the auto auction moved to reschedule. The mtg was rescheduled to 17 Feb at 7PM. Instructions to call in should be the same as below.

For anyone with the spare time to call in on 17 Feb, I would very much appreciate it: http://waterfordtwp.org/waterfordtwp...ublic-notices/

You don't have to say anything really, just be a show of support for 'not turning Atco Raceway into a parking lot'. If this group effort does nothing else but to stall the auto auction's legal move, perhaps they would move on to another property OR a buyer could be out there for the track that would continue to operate it as a track.

I will post this in the lobby and/or Race section as it's own thread.

Chris

68 Mustang FB-Green/Black (Bullitt)
Old 01-21-2021, 08:01 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike S View Post
Does anyone have a list of Pontiac events this year? Now I have an enclosed trailer, I feel safer traveling. I am in NJ and my local track (Atco) is probably closing. No announcement yet. Turning into another car auction like Englishtown,
First off, why would an enclosed trailer make you "feel safer traveling"?

Secondly, pray that we will still have Norwalk this year. And don't be too positive about it happening. People were last year and it didn't.

I hope we at least have that.

The Following User Says Thank You to Chief of the 60's For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2021, 08:16 PM

I always feel safer with an enclosed trailer!
Have you notice how many soft sided flat bed trailers are on the road?

Old 01-21-2021, 08:39 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtokid1968 View Post
I always feel safer with an enclosed trailer!
Have you notice how many soft sided flat bed trailers are on the road?
Not nearly as many as open flat decks

Old 01-21-2021, 08:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief of the 60's View Post
First off, why would an enclosed trailer make you "feel safer traveling"?

Secondly, pray that we will still have Norwalk this year. And don't be too positive about it happening. People were last year and it didn't.

I hope we at least have that.
I spoke to Pete Woodruff, (Super Duty Promotions) about the Norwalk event a few days ago at length. The event is planned for July 29-Aug 1, 2021. The event is a go for now. Everyone is really looking forward to it as always. Ohio is pretty strict concerning COVID and meeting all the guidelines was the reason for cancellation last year. Hopefully, the vaccine will be widely distributed by May-June and the infection rate will be low enough and falling.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mgarblik For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2021, 08:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Safer in, getting a hotel and leaving the car out on an open trailer in the parking lot. I would rather have it locked up in an enclosed trailer.
Also if it rains or storms while on the road.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mike S For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2021, 09:00 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarblik View Post
I spoke to Pete Woodruff, (Super Duty Promotions) about the Norwalk event a few days ago at length. The event is planned for July 29-Aug 1, 2021. The event is a go for now. Everyone is really looking forward to it as always. Ohio is pretty strict concerning COVID and meeting all the guidelines was the reason for cancellation last year. Hopefully, the vaccine will be widely distributed by May-June and the infection rate will be low enough and falling.
Remember Bader said he's opening and nothing was going to stop him?

This year will be different as Biden will tell Bader what to do and when he will get to do it.

I heard today they are hoping for 50% vaccinated by end of summer.

Last edited by Chief of the 60's; 01-21-2021 at 09:06 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chief of the 60's For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2021, 10:20 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief of the 60's View Post
Remember Bader said he's opening and nothing was going to stop him?

This year will be different as Biden will tell Bader what to do and when he will get to do it.

I heard today they are hoping for 50% vaccinated by end of summer.
Yep, and you may have to prove you got vaccinated to get in IF they have it, or get vaccinated at the gate.

Old 01-21-2021, 10:33 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacJim1959 View Post
Yep, and you may have to prove you got vaccinated to get in IF they have it, or get vaccinated at the gate.
Good point

I'm not ready to write this year off yet but things so far ain't looking too good.

What's the word on Charlotte?

Old 01-21-2021, 10:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Boy, am I glad I like dirt track racing. The Winternationals at Volusia county speedway are already underway in Florida. Last year they got most of the races run in Ohio that were scheduled post June 20th in 2020.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 01-21-2021, 11:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well at least it hasn't bothered our street racing here.
Gona be a blast this year no mater what.

GT.

Old 01-22-2021, 09:38 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueghoast View Post
Well at least it hasn't bothered our street racing here.
Gona be a blast this year no mater what.

GT.
No Covid deaths, just spectator deaths.

Old 01-22-2021, 12:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

There'll be no getting "vaccinated at the gate". The vaccine requires two shots about 3-4 weeks apart to be effective, so plan ahead. Requiring a vaccination makes sense to me. I got my first shot yeaterday (because I'm a geezer). The second one is mid-February and then another week for the full effect. I suspect airines especially will eventually require proof of vaccination. Anyway, it can't hurt and it's "free", so why not?

Jim

****'63 Tempest, 475" IAII, Wenzler Super Chief heads, converted to blown alcohol, Birdcatcher, Littlefield 10-71 high helix. Best pass to date: 7.67 @ 181.59 (1/4 mi.), 4.95 @ 143.67 (1/8 mi.), 1.18 (60 ft)

7.75 @ 178 pass:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iez3...ature=youtu.be

First seven second pass(7.98): https://wwwoutube.com/watch?v=DK17...ature=youtu.be

Thanks to Paul Carter @ Koerner Racing Engines

The Following User Says Thank You to twooldgoats For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2021, 01:22 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
If that’s the case I won’t be going. What’s next, a striped suit and a number tattooed on your wrist?

The Following User Says Thank You to 3fastgtos For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2021, 03:41 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3fastgtos View Post
If that’s the case I won’t be going. What’s next, a striped suit and a number tattooed on your wrist?
They went to orange now.

Old 01-22-2021, 09:22 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by twooldgoats View Post
There'll be no getting "vaccinated at the gate". The vaccine requires two shots about 3-4 weeks apart to be effective, so plan ahead. Requiring a vaccination makes sense to me. I got my first shot yeaterday (because I'm a geezer). The second one is mid-February and then another week for the full effect. I suspect airines especially will eventually require proof of vaccination. Anyway, it can't hurt and it's "free", so why not?

Jim
They will just give you one shot in each arm, that's 2 shots. And from what I hear, it does seem to hurt at the injection site, and just because it's free doesn't mean its a deal. Got a good deal from a lady of the evening. Only problem was that the Herpes was free. Not a good deal after all.

Old 01-23-2021, 12:07 PM

#1 Report Post
Old 12-10-2020, 09:01 AM
Senior Chief

Default INJUN WARS 2021
Mark Your Calendars! INJUN WARS is moving to BUNKER HILL Dragstrip, Indiana's First Dragstrip!
The date is August 14th, 2021 and we have rented the entire facility for the event!
Stay Tuned as we unveil many new features including a HEADS UP and Second Chance Class!
1/8 Mile Drag Racing, The Car Show, Swap Meet, Vendors and FUN Continues!
www.facebook.com/groups/INJUNWARS

Old 01-23-2021, 12:09 PM

Here is a start to the list. Hopefully there will bee more added!!!

Old 01-23-2021, 02:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Check out the Outlaw Pontiac series. They race between Hagerstown, MD(Mason Dixon) and Cecil near Wilmington, De. I don't think they have a schedule out yet. I've never been due to distance but plan to hit at least one this year.