THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 06-17-2020, 11:01 PM

Lightbulb Meguiars

Anyone here tried the new hybrid ceramic detailing products? I generally use Zaino products but this looks interesting.

~MaryAnn~ AKA "Stickybuns"
1969 Firebird 400 Convertible
1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

I'm the FiredUp PY bad girl
Old 06-18-2020, 08:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I have been very interested in doing a ceramic coating on my wifes mustang. I have done a little, but no scientific research. There is a product from a company called avalon king (no financial interest in this product) that came out with the highest rating. Meguiers products are good and I use them, but if and when I ceramic coat I will probably use avalon. I signed up with my email and continually get discount codes from them. I suppose until I buy something.

Old 06-18-2020, 09:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I’ve been using a ceramic buffing compound...a little goes a long way. And it has no fillers....so when the scratches are gone ...they are gone for good....and they don’t show up again after a couple washes ( like a compound full of fillers )

Old 06-18-2020, 10:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedup6975 View Post
Anyone here tried the new hybrid ceramic detailing products? I generally use Zaino products but this looks interesting.
Hi MA,
I also have been using Zaino for years. Zaino is very temperamental by humidity and temperature but the results are great and worth the effort.
I have mixed feelings about ceramic coatings. I think because my paint is 33 years old and single stage enamel, I will stick with zaino

Old 06-18-2020, 10:38 AM

Never tried Zaino before.

Old 06-18-2020, 11:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I used the hybrid ceramic wax on my 67 GTO. The first time I applied it I had to hand rub it in all over the car. Then I rinsed it off, dried it down and went over it with a micro fiber buffing cloth. Since then I have used it one more time and only had to rinse and dry. I think the instructions say something about first time use but it has been about a year since I first used it and I can't remember what I had for supper last night!

Old 06-18-2020, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erliabol View Post
Never tried Zaino before.
Zaino is only available online. They have a complete car care line, the guys at Barret Jackson and Mecum car auctions use it right before the cars roll across the stages. My cars are show cars, and I also use it right before a show.

1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

Old 06-18-2020, 03:59 PM

I just bought some Turtle Wax ceramic polish, have not used it yet. I watched a few youtube videos and seems to be a good polish for the money. I am going to give it a try once I get a little more time to apply.

Old 06-18-2020, 04:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Don't buy the Shine Armor brand. I tried it. A regular coat of wax would do as well as that stuff. There are a couple of places I've seen people touting the Turtle Wax stuff. I'd be interested in knowing how that works out for you ta6point6.

Old 06-18-2020, 04:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

around 1975 i found a Box Turtle and tried my dad's Turtle Wax. I was bored. Turtle was mad.

Old 06-18-2020, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half-Inch Stud View Post
around 1975 i found a Box Turtle and tried my dad's Turtle Wax. I was bored. Turtle was mad.

1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

Old 06-18-2020, 07:20 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Zaino is great stuff- an incredible value for the money.

I used chemical guys ceramic coat (I think I started a thread on it) and while it looked great initially, it didn’t seam to last. My wife’s car goes through car washes and I think that strips it.

I was happier with Zaino or chemical guys wax

Old 06-18-2020, 08:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedup6975 View Post
Zaino is only available online. They have a complete car care line, the guys at Barret Jackson and Mecum car auctions use it right before the cars roll across the stages. My cars are show cars, and I also use it right before a show.
I believe you are a little mixed up MA. Mecum uses the 303 brand. I've been there and saw them use it on my car. Not sure about BJ, I believe they use either Meguires or Mothers.

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 06-18-2020, 08:39 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Meguires sponsors Barrett Jackson in the drive up area so I am pretty sure that’s what they use (at least that’s what I have seen them use when I was there).

I will say that I haven’t found anything to rival the two step gloss enhancer from Zaino. Even if you use a different wax I would suggest it. You will laugh at quick detailer afterwards.

Does anyone use the Eagle 1 brand wax as you dry? It’s the only brand I like but I use it every time I wash a car. Quick mist all over the car and then dry it. This brand doesn’t leave any streaks

Old 06-19-2020, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry H. View Post
I believe you are a little mixed up MA. Mecum uses the 303 brand. I've been there and saw them use it on my car. Not sure about BJ, I believe they use either Meguires or Mothers.
303 Aerospace Protectant is a very good product but is designed for vinyl and rubber. Are you sure Mecum used it on your paint?

Old 06-19-2020, 09:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by propuckstopper View Post
303 Aerospace Protectant is a very good product but is designed for vinyl and rubber. Are you sure Mecum used it on your paint?
besides their vinyl protectant, 303 also has a spray detailer for paint.

Old 06-19-2020, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry H. View Post

On one of their shows, they were actually showing using it on an Olds 442. It was a Hurst car I believe.

1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

Old 06-19-2020, 11:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I just ordered some "The Last Coat" after seeing it recommended over Revive by Hydrosilex, Meguiars Mirror Glaze, Liquid Wax by The Car Guys and Grand Finale by Zaino.

https://www.motortrend.com/promoted/...AaAg_xEALw_wcB

When you click the link to get the 15% off of The Last Coat in the link above, it takes you to a page with some videos. The second video is a torture test of The Last Coat and 4 other products. After application and allowing all 5 products to cure for 24 hours, they use everything from Dawn dish soap, Purple Power degreaser, Eagle wheel cleaner and several other products. It's worth watching.

https://youtu.be/GbIAZjjPB30?t=8

What convinced me to order was their guarantee:

365-day Money Back Guarantee
If you're not satisfied with The Last Coat we will issue a full refund, no questions asked.

Old 06-19-2020, 11:47 AM

Well I was hoping someone here has used this new product and could give me a little feedback on it. I’m not really interested in other products. I’ve used Zaino since the day my 69 was ready to be protected 20 years ago. I may just stick with it if I can’t find others who have used this new product. I’ve used Maguiars products on past cars, but the Zaino is easy to use, no streaking, no build up, and it makes the tiny metallic in the paint pop in the sun.

1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

Old 06-19-2020, 12:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Patience, grasshopper....

I've ordered The Last Coat and will be trying it out as soon as I get it. I'll report my findings.