Old 09-06-2023, 06:38 PM
Senior Chief

Default POA valve-67 GTO and 69 Caprice

Both of my cars have 134, but the POA valves were never recalibrated so the cooling is marginal. Also today, I discovered that the POA in the 69 Caprice is stuck open.

The 67 GTO has factory AC, the 69 Caprice has the factory Comfortron AC system.

Question …. For both cars, would you install restored/recalibrated OEM POA valves, aftermarket POA valve eliminators, or billet POA valve eliminators that look very close to stock? I only want to do this once… well, I guess twice since it is two cars….

Old 04-09-2024, 08:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I converted my 65 with a POA to 134. My POA was taken apart, all the guts removed and TIG welded back together, so maybe the POA eliminator that looks stock. I also was told and did only fill the system to 80% of the original amount of R-12 required. I also added a sensor and cycling switch that you see around on ebay and in the conversion kits. My system is ice cold, even in 100 degree heat. The one with the valve stuck open you may just need to adjust the amount of refrigerant.