WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 General Tech/Discussion

04-06 General Tech/Discussion 2004-2006 GTO General Tech and discussion.

Old 01-30-2005, 12:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

So you have no links to prove that the 2007 GTO won't be built. Thanks.

I could have been a cop, I could have been an attorney with my degree.

But for your arguments, you're a pathetic excuse for an attorney.
Old 01-30-2005, 07:11 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mr_GTO:
So you have no links to prove that the 2007 GTO won't be built.

>>> Jeez, just how dense are you? Where did I say at anytime that I could PROVE( if you don't know what that means then look it up in a dictionary, although generally there are no pictures so you may need help reading it ) there will be no GTO in 2007? Again, it is a matter of opinion given lack of sales in congruence with MSRP and luke warm media coverage. Since you have trouble using a search engine there is a thread on automotiveforums.com and even an LS1 forum with some similar sentiments.

"I could have been a cop, I could have been an attorney with my degree."

I'm sure you would have been very good at both
Old 01-31-2005, 03:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Posted by 70Whatzamonarogto on January 28, 2005 07:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>"&gt;&gt;&gt; So, computer links build a car do they?? Uhhh, yeah,Whatever There are many more links disputing otherwise as to whether a 2007 will be built or not. Whether it will be built or not is a matter of opinion until the actual car rolls off the assembly line and is offered for sale to the general public tagged as a 2007 GTO. Given it's current downward sales spiral, lack of media coverage, cut back production, and bland looks I doubt we'll see one in 2007 unless GM builds a GTO with more visual and exsclusively GTO appeal. Personally, after the 2005 came out with the Cyclone Grey exterior, 400 hp, colored calipers and seeing a few without that gay bait spoiler and sissy rims,it's a very appealing car. Just not appealing as a GTO. In my opinion GM needs to change that or there will not be a 2007 GTO. I hope I'm wrong. Run along now...you're missing Nick@Nite <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup, I could have been both very easily. You unfortunatly, based on this thread, prove you are a pathetic attorney. You must be in real estate law instead of trial law because you would be 0-career the way you debate.
Old 01-31-2005, 12:22 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr_GTO:
Posted by 70Whatzamonarogto on January 28, 2005 07:04 PM
[QUOTE]"&gt;&gt;&gt; So, computer links build a car do they?? Uhhh, yeah,Whatever _There are many more links disputing otherwise as to whether a 2007 will be built or not._ Whether it will be built or not is a matter of opinion until the actual car rolls off the assembly line and is offered for sale to the general public tagged as a 2007 GTO. Given it's current downward sales spiral, lack of media coverage, cut back production, and bland looks I doubt we'll see one in 2007 unless GM builds a GTO with more visual and exsclusively GTO appeal. Personally, after the 2005 came out with the Cyclone Grey exterior, 400 hp, colored calipers and seeing a few without that gay bait spoiler and sissy rims,it's a very appealing car. Just not appealing as a GTO. In my opinion GM needs to change that or there will not be a 2007 GTO. I hope I'm wrong. Run along now...you're missing Nick@Nite <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Yup, I could have been both very easily."

&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; I'm sure you could have. My little nephew has a toy policemans badge he carrys with him and tells everybody he's going to be policeman when he grows up. Perhaps you should do the same. You might feel better instead of being so grumpy.....

"...the way you debate"...

&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Again tell me, where is the debate in this if referenced as an opinion? And how many 2007s have been built to date? And your link on the 2007 was written when?...in 2003? Prior to the first 04 ever being sold? And how many more not being sold per MSRP? And that does what to future production #'s? Based on the lack of success with the 04 the 05s production was what: cut back? And if this trend continues then some feel what will happen to an 07? And that is what: an opinion? Give it up Jonny Six Shooter.
Old 01-31-2005, 02:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Don't worry Wattza, making you look stupid is easy and fun. You provide me with all the ammo I need.

Funny how you change the subject when you have been proven wrong time and time and time again.

When you find those links saying no '07 will be built you let me know. LOL
Old 01-31-2005, 03:44 PM

Notice the last line?

Old 01-31-2005, 06:28 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mr_GTO:
Don't worry Wattza,
&gt;&gt;&gt; Trust me. Absolutely nothing you say or have ever said causes me any worry. The only concern I have is making you look stupid could possibly be construed as child abuse.

"Funny how you change the subject"
&gt;&gt;&gt; And what subject did I change: That in my opinion if GM does not make a more appealing GTO then there may not be one in 2007? When did I deviate from that? In what post?

"when you have been proven wrong time and time and time again."
&gt;&gt;&gt; Tell me again how do you prove an opinion wrong on something that hasn't happened yet? What year is this? 2005? And when did I say the 05 would be offered with a higher spoiler and facias to appeal to the ricer crowd? Early 2004?

"When you find those links saying no '07 will be built you let me know."

&gt;&gt;&gt; Again, where did I say there were links proving ( that is more than 1 syllable, you may need help with that )there would be no 2007 built? Or did I say there were links on other forums expressing similar opinions? And did I mention where to find those those forums? Take your time. That is a loaded question for someone with your greatly diminished intellect to absorb.
Old 01-31-2005, 06:39 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

[QUOTE]Originally posted by sal:
Notice the last line?

&gt;&gt;&gt; Notice what year we are currently in? So GM has never scrapped production on a car that didn't sell? The GTO may be around in 2007 but I believe not as an exsclusive model on it's own but as an option to a better selling vehicle. Now before you and Mr. G_ I_DUNNO start short stroking it thinking I'm changing my mind you'd better do a search of my previous posts stating the possibilty of the GTO being phased out via an option to another model.
Old 01-31-2005, 09:01 PM
Senior Chief

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by red70goat:
Notice the last line?

&gt;&gt;&gt; Notice what year we are currently in? So GM has never scrapped production on a car that didn't sell? The GTO may be around in 2007 but I believe not as an exsclusive model on it's own but as an option to a better selling vehicle. Now before you and Mr. G_ I_DUNNO start short stroking it thinking I'm changing my mind you'd better do a search of my previous posts stating the possibilty of the GTO being phased out via an option to another model. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was phased in that way! Remember 1964?
It's not going to be an option in '07, but if it ever happens again, it wouldn't be the first time. It started life that way, remember?

See what I mean about reading your own posts?
Old 02-01-2005, 03:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote by the said attorney

There are many more links disputing otherwise as to whether a 2007 will be built or not.

Still waiting for those links...any links...please.....
Old 02-01-2005, 05:46 AM
Senior Chief

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sal:
Notice the last line?

http://images7.fotki.com/v152/photos...jpg?1107211387 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sal,

A word of caution in reference to the chart you posted. If you are inside GM and are posting future product info, it might come back to you in a bad way. A guy in my group here at GM Engineering posted info on the new Z06 'Vette on a Corvette web site last summer. Somehow they tracked it back to him and let him go.The guy posting the Corvette stuff was much more blatant but hey, you never know !
Old 02-01-2005, 07:00 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by red70goat:
Notice the last line?

&gt;&gt;&gt; Notice what year we are currently in? So GM has never scrapped production on a car that didn't sell? The GTO may be around in 2007 but I believe not as an exsclusive model on it's own but as an option to a better selling vehicle. Now before you and Mr. G_ I_DUNNO start short stroking it thinking I'm changing my mind you'd better do a search of my previous posts stating the possibilty of the GTO being phased out via an option to another model. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You see the thing is you have no clue about the new GTO at all. I do.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:03 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by projectfolly:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sal:
Notice the last line?

http://images7.fotki.com/v152/photos...jpg?1107211387 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sal,

A word of caution in reference to the chart you posted. If you are inside GM and are posting future product info, it might come back to you in a bad way. A guy in my group here at GM Engineering posted info on the new Z06 'Vette on a Corvette web site last summer. Somehow they tracked it back to him and let him go.The guy posting the Corvette stuff was much more blatant but hey, you never know ! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not worried.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:28 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr_GTO:
Quote by the said attorney

_There are many more links disputing otherwise as to whether a 2007 will be built or not. _

Still waiting for those links...any links...please..... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Moron : Jeez, how many times have I answered this? Have your grade school teacher explain this to you. There is a big difference between disputing vs proving. If you want to see any links DISPUTING as in the context of opinion, as in whether the 2007 GTO WILL be built OR not ( sounds like that is in the context of opinion, but you obviously don't understand the difference )then go to ( 3rd time I've given this to you now ) automotiveforums.com and LS1GTO. There are plenty of threads with similar OPINIONSon the possibilty of no GTO in 2007 as an exsclusive model line as opposed to an option. Put away your stick pony and SuperMan cape and read this again real s l o w l y.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:31 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Randy W:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by red70goat:
Notice the last line?

It was phased in that way! Remember 1964?
QUOTE]

It was phased out way! Remember 1974?
Old 02-01-2005, 07:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Hey Moron : Jeez, how many times have I answered this? Have your grade school teacher explain this to you. There is a big difference between _disputing_ vs _proving_. If you want to see any links _DISPUTING_ as in the context of opinion, as in whether the 2007 GTO _WILL_ be built _OR_ not ( sounds like that is in the context of opinion, but you obviously don't understand the difference )then go to ( 3rd time I've given this to you now ) automotiveforums.com and LS1GTO. There are plenty of threads with similar _OPINIONS_on the possibilty of no GTO in 2007 as an exsclusive model line as opposed to an option. Put away your stick pony and SuperMan cape and read this again real s l o w l y. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Either you can or you can't provide links. You can send me to all these sites but if you actually had links from people in the KNOW instead of people's OPINIONS, you would have already posted them to back up your arguments.

you haven't. Who's the moron again? HINT: It ain't me. I posted my links. You haven't.

Game over. Thanks for playing. You loose.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:50 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

[QUOTE]Originally posted by red70goat:
Hey Moron : Jeez, how many times have I answered this? Have your grade school teacher explain this to you. There is a big difference between _disputing_ vs _proving_. If you want to see any links _DISPUTING_ as in the context of opinion, as in whether the 2007 GTO _WILL_ be built _OR_ not ( sounds like that is in the context of opinion, but you obviously don't understand the difference )then go to ( 3rd time I've given this to you now ) automotiveforums.com and LS1GTO. There are plenty of threads with similar _OPINIONS_on the possibilty of no GTO in 2007 as an exsclusive model line as opposed to an option. Put away your stick pony and SuperMan cape and read this again real s l o w l y. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"You can send me to all these sites"
&gt;&gt;&gt; Obviously I can't. I should have known better than to have you actually look up something given your history of asking people to find things for you.

" but if you actually had links from people in the KNOW instead of people's OPINIONS, you would have already posted them to back up your arguments."

&gt;&gt;&gt; How many 2007s have been produced again? Who can verify this? You? LOL.

"I posted my links. You haven't."
&gt;&gt;&gt; What link? From 2003???

"You loose."
&gt;&gt;&gt; Learn to spell looser, or is that loser?
Old 02-01-2005, 07:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

"You can send me to all these sites"
&gt;&gt;&gt; Obviously I can't. I should have known better than to have you actually look up something given your history of asking people to find things for you.

" but if you actually had links from people in the KNOW instead of people's OPINIONS, you would have already posted them to back up your arguments."

&gt;&gt;&gt; How many 2007s have been produced again? Who can verify this? You? LOL.

"I posted my links. You haven't."
&gt;&gt;&gt; What link? From 2003???

"You loose."
&gt;&gt;&gt; Learn to spell looser, or is that loser? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's a matter Watza? Being a crybaby now because you were proven wrong yet again?

All I did was ask for links that you claimed that there was disputing a 2007 GTO.

Now we find out that they were threads by general common people based on opinion and because it backed up YOUR argument, you ran with it even though it was proven WRONG by my links and the little GM internal document that was posted.

And I can tell you are desperate when you start critisizing spelling and start with the name calling.

So, if you have a link where a automotive journalist or some inside GM document proving your hypothesis, I think you should drop out out of this thread and even this forum before you embarass yourself any more than you already have.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:18 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Please don't drop out!!! This is hilarious. I look forward to the good laughs I get each day. I swear this is like a soap opera where you're always left in suspense as to what will be posted next. Thanks guys this is great.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:45 AM
Senior Chief

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pont3:
Please don't drop out!!! This is hilarious. I look forward to the good laughs I get each day. I swear this is like a soap opera where you're always left in suspense as to what will be posted next. Thanks guys this is great. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>