WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 General Tech/Discussion

04-06 General Tech/Discussion 2004-2006 GTO General Tech and discussion.

Old 02-01-2005, 02:01 PM
Senior Chief

What is funny to me is both parties are guilty of crimes they are accusing each other of.

If you want to see some good arguing, you should check out the fark.com forums. It's not car related but those people can argue.
2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Jeff Gordon Edition
2017 Dodge Challenger SXT Black Top Edition
Old 02-01-2005, 07:57 PM

Never use a preposition to end a sentence with.
Old 02-01-2005, 08:36 PM

Old 02-01-2005, 08:41 PM
Senior Chief

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RJGTO67:
Never use a preposition to end a sentence with. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I assume that post was meant for me.
The sad thing is I always end my sentences that way. It's a bad habit. We're not highly edumacated here in Pennsyltucky
2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Jeff Gordon Edition
2017 Dodge Challenger SXT Black Top Edition
Old 02-02-2005, 06:13 AM
Senior Chief

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RJGTO67:
Never use a preposition to end a sentence with. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know of which you speak.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:09 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr_GTO:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by red70goat:

"You can send me to all these sites"
&gt;&gt;&gt; Obviously I can't. I should have known better than to have you actually look up something given your history of asking people to find things for you.

" but if you actually had links from people in the KNOW instead of people's OPINIONS, you would have already posted them to back up your arguments."

&gt;&gt;&gt; How many 2007s have been produced again? Who can verify this? You? LOL.

"I posted my links. You haven't."
&gt;&gt;&gt; What link? From 2003???

"You loose."
&gt;&gt;&gt; Learn to spell looser, or is that loser? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's a matter Watza? Being a crybaby now (QUOTE]

Not at all. You're always good for a laugh.
Old 02-02-2005, 03:46 PM

Old 02-02-2005, 04:34 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sal:
http://images7.fotki.com/v149/photos...jpg?1107315041 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

does that front end double as a snow plow? ( The orange aztec looking thing, not the bad ass black one pictured )
Old 02-06-2005, 11:18 AM

That's just plain.... no. It won't do. That orange thing isn't doing it for me. Never mind that it looks like the body lines are borrowed from a CTS.
Old 02-06-2005, 03:03 PM

Why is that so many of you clammer for the new GTO to be more retro looking?? I thought the essence of the original '64 GTO was all about having a powerful engine in a small body, with outstanding power. But even at that, it wasn't the fastest car on the road, no different then today. Retro doesn't always work - take a look at the Blunderbird for example. And what is retro about the Chrysler 300?? Oh yeah....the grill - THATS IT!!!. And I can definately see the resemblance between the latest Impala and Malibu with those of the late 50s and early-mid 60s. Face the fact - It's 31 years since the last GTO, who's to say what it would look like today if Pontiac had continued manufacturing it. The Mustang started out as a total new car - NOT an option package of an existing car.

The 2004 GTO keeps true to its heritage - a powerful engine in a car that, today, reflects the definition of what the name originates from - Grand Tourisimo Omologoto - Grand Touring Automobile. The 2004 is a grand tourer - fast, comfortable, fine handling, with a fine overall balance.

Welcome Back GTO
Old 02-06-2005, 05:30 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JoeyD:
"Why is that so many of you clammer for the new GTO to be more retro looking?? I thought the essence of the original '64 GTO was all about"...
&gt;&gt;&gt; How many manufacturers were there that had a car in 1964 that looked like the GTO? 1? 2? 3? Oldsmobile perhaps? How many shared the same basic design? 4? 5? How many Eastern Pacific Rim import? 0.How many today sharing the same design as what is on the 2004 GTO? 10? 20? 30? Comparing what was in 1964 to now is irrelevant. The generic nature of this car both in exterior styling and engineering lacks the appeal of what one might look for in a latter day GTO.

"Welcome Back GTO"
&gt;&gt;&gt; Still waiting. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 02-06-2005, 11:09 PM
Senior Chief

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by red70goat:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JoeyD:
"Why is that so many of you clammer for the new GTO to be more retro looking?? I thought the essence of the original '64 GTO was all about"...
&gt;&gt;&gt; How many manufacturers were there that had a car in 1964 that looked like the GTO? 1? 2? 3? Oldsmobile perhaps? How many shared the same basic design? 4? 5? How many Eastern Pacific Rim import? 0.How many today sharing the same design as what is on the 2004 GTO? 10? 20? 30? Comparing what was in 1964 to now is irrelevant. The generic nature of this car both in exterior styling and engineering lacks the appeal of what one might look for in a latter day GTO.

"Welcome Back GTO"
&gt;&gt;&gt; Still waiting. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There you go again "whatza". You're just a plain idiot. Tired of sugar coating it.

ONE car shares the same BASIC design, moron. No car shares the EXACT same design.

There's nothing generic about this car, you imbecile. No other car in America (and only one other in the world) can exchange ANY MAJOR body parts with this car.

If '64 or other vintage years are irrelevant then shut your trap, buffoon. You have said this more than once and if those early GTOs aren't relevant then this is a new car (altogether) and doesn't owe anything to any vintage Pontiac enthusiast. Therefore it can be called anything, including GTO. If the ONLY thing that matters regarding the past is paying tribute to the name then it does a fine job of that, you ignoramus.

You will be waiting a long time because Pontiac still doesn't cater to the whining of dolts.

In the meantime, feel free to see the similarities in the "generic" ways in which I have impeached your intelligence.

Moderators...please get rid of this guy.
Old 02-07-2005, 10:50 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rabon:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by red70goat:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JoeyD:

"Welcome Back GTO"
&gt;&gt;&gt; Still waiting. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"There's nothing generic about this car, you imbecile. No other car in America (and only one other in the world) can exchange ANY MAJOR body parts with this car."

&gt;&gt;&gt; Who said anything about exchanging major body parts? The general concensus is (resulting in lack of sales in congruence with MSRP) that this car shares the same similar exterior styling found common with most manufacturers, primarily import.

"You will be waiting a long time because Pontiac still doesn't cater to the whining of dolts."

&gt;&gt;&gt; Perhaps if they did they wouldn't be cutting back production on the 05 and there wouldn't be rumors of the 07 being an option to the G6.
Old 02-07-2005, 11:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

&gt;&gt;&gt; Who said anything about exchanging major body parts? The general concensus is (resulting in lack of sales in congruence with MSRP) that this car shares the same similar exterior styling found common with most manufacturers, primarily import.

&gt;&gt;&gt; Perhaps if they did they wouldn't be cutting back production on the 05 and there wouldn't be rumors of the 07 being an option to the G6. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh, last time I checked this is 2005, and LOTS of cars look the same. It IS what people buy today.

And as far as production being cut back it is due to a few things. Slow sales of the 2004, and there are many reasons why that I won't get into again, and that Pontiac is planning something different for 2006 so they need to change the tooling a bit and Pontiac wants the 06 in showrooms in Sept not January.

And what is the source of these "rumors" that the GTO will be part of the G6 line. I want to have another good laugh today.
Old 02-07-2005, 11:52 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr_GTO:

&gt;&gt;&gt; Perhaps if they did they wouldn't be cutting back production on the 05 and there wouldn't be rumors of the 07 being an option to the G6. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I want to have another good laugh today. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Remember 1974? The GTO as an option? It was brought in as an option (1964) and will be phased out as an option (2007) if GM doesn't pull their head out of the sand. The only ones laughing then will be Ford. ( actually they already are )
Old 02-07-2005, 12:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Remember 1974? The GTO as an option? It was brought in as an option (1964) and will be phased out as an option (2007) if GM doesn't pull their head out of the sand. The only ones laughing then will be Ford. ( actually they already are ) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Again, WHERE ARE THE RUMORS COMING FROM? Let me guess....your ass
Old 02-07-2005, 02:38 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Remember 1974? The GTO as an option? It was brought in as an option (1964) and will be phased out as an option (2007) if GM doesn't pull their head out of the sand. The only ones laughing then will be Ford. ( actually they already are ) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Again, WHERE ARE THE RUMORS COMING FROM? Let me guess....your ass <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Given your history of posts referencing ones derrier you certainly seem to be fixated on the male glutamas maximus...must be a gender identity crisis thing you got going on or something ...... As far as rumors: it's just that: rumors from other forums. Not based on fact since it is not 2007 yet. Personally I hope the rumors are wrong, that GM makes the neccessary changes and by then the GTO will be firmly ensconced as Americas premier Musclecar again.
Old 02-08-2005, 03:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Given your history of posts referencing ones derrier you certainly seem to be fixated on the male glutamas maximus...must be a gender identity crisis thing you got going on or something ...... As far as rumors: it's just that: rumors from other forums. Not based on fact since it is not 2007 yet. Personally I hope the rumors are wrong, that GM makes the neccessary changes and by then the GTO will be firmly ensconced as Americas premier Musclecar again. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL, the only one with a history of stupidity in this forum is you and your lack of being able to back up your hypothesis. Which forums were those again? I'll be waiting a long time for links again I suppose. LOL
Old 02-08-2005, 07:45 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

[QUOTE]Originally posted by red70goat:

Given your history of posts referencing ones derrier you certainly seem to be fixated on the male glutamas maximus...must be a gender identity crisis thing you got going on or something ...... As far as rumors: it's just that: rumors from other forums. Not based on fact since it is not 2007 yet. Personally I hope the rumors are wrong, that GM makes the neccessary changes and by then the GTO will be firmly ensconced as Americas premier Musclecar again. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which forums were those again?
&gt;&gt;&gt; Put your Super Heroes cape away, Game Boy on pause, Nickelodeon on TIVO and research my past posts. I've given them to you three times.

"....I'll be waiting a long time for links again I suppose."

&gt;&gt;&gt; Ohhh, I doubt that. But it won't really matter. You probably couldn't tell the difference between a GTO and a G6 anyways, so don't worry about it.
Old 02-08-2005, 08:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

&gt;&gt;&gt; Put your Super Heroes cape away, Game Boy on pause, Nickelodeon on TIVO and research my past posts. I've given them to you three times.

&gt;&gt;&gt; Ohhh, I doubt that. But it won't really matter. You probably couldn't tell the difference between a GTO and a G6 anyways, so don't worry about it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So yet again, you can't provide them. And FYI, if you knew how to use the quote function properly, it might be a little bit easier to read your postings. Let me know when you can copy and past the link to those rumors.

I know and love pontiacs, I can tell the difference. Thank you very much.