Old 03-22-2021, 05:16 PM

Default 65 grand prix for restoration

I have a 65 grand prix in pretty rough shape and i just dont have the time for it. The frame is rusted in a few spots and has been patched in the past. The trunk has been patched and needs a little more patching. The quarters are rusted around the wheel wells and behind the wheel. Rockers are good. Doors are good. Fenders are rusted down at the bottom and a little on the top corner by the hood ledge. Grill and headlights and hood are all good. No front bumper. Rear bumper is rusted and pitted. Has tail lights and rear center section that is also pitted. The trunk lid just has a small dent in the front by the lock. The floors seem OK maybe a small patch here and there. Has all good glass. Dash pad is bad. Gauges look OK. have rear seat and split bench front seats that will need reupholstered. Door panels look usable. Has 389 2brl engine and auto trans. The engine was running a couple years ago, but i dont know if the trans works. Never tried it. I have photos if anyone is interested. I just hate to see it go to junk if someone would like to restore it. I would take 200.00 since that is what i would get at the junk yard. Let me know if anyone is interested. thanks, Doug

Old 03-22-2021, 08:43 PM
Senior Chief

I sure hope you sell it before it gets junked. The 65 GP is on my list of dream cars. My dad had 2 of them and it was my birth year. But currently I am out of room. Storing 2 cars on some friends property. And I cant seem to find enough time to finish what I have. It isn't Iris Mist is it?

Paul

Old 04-15-2021, 10:26 PM

I would gladly take the 65 off your hands but being north of the 49th and distance it is impossible to do. Parts like the grills if not cracked or pitted would really be a plus for my 65 .

Old 04-16-2021, 12:56 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

If you junk it save the parking lights, grills, tail lights and housings along with the center panel. If I was closer I would come pick it up!