Interior TECH Upholstery, Carpet, Dash, Headliner...

Old 02-27-2021, 08:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Stud type cigarette lighter housing ?

My firebird has the pictured stud type lighter housing. needing to order a new one but everything states 70-81 firebird with a blade type connector. I found the stud type rochester lighter housing that looks exactly like mine but listed for same year camaro.

I believe its the one I have. anyone run into this?

I dont smoke but like everything to work. after getting a new lighter, it verified the old one wasn't heating up, the new lighter got pretty warm but no red glow, not hot enough so I assume the lighter housing portion not doing its job.

Last edited by JUDGE3; 12-20-2023 at 10:56 AM.
Old 02-28-2021, 06:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default wrong section maybe lol?

its interior. inside right? lol

I believe I ordered correctly. the rochester one. have never had to mess with a nonworking cigarette lighter after all these years.

well maybe the info will assist someone and save a research hassel. lotta different pieces out there to get wrong with these crazy little things!

Old 02-28-2021, 06:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Ashtray restoration

well since i'm in the wrong section it appears may as well finish up with what the lighters for ha.

My car sit since 1988. still had a quarter inch of nasty petrified ashes in it and when pulling it in/out rolled back and forth like sand in the bearings.

oxide blasted it, was able to save it. repainted the black and hit the bare metal with clear to keep from re-rusting. good spot to keep change now.

shoulda took a before pic. it was ugly.