Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 04-09-2021, 12:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragncar View Post
Head gasket question. I tried to PM you but box is full.
Whats this "lasts sets" stuff. That is the head gasket I should need (4.375 bore)
Is it discontinued ?
Good luck this summer.
Cometic said 6-8 weeks to get any. Parts warehouses were all out. Butler had a set...

Old 04-09-2021, 12:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77 TRASHCAN View Post
Not trying to cast any more doubt on anyone...I understand the coolant leaking, although NOT why, but WHY did it leak combustion too???

Hope you can make the Great Bend event, this fall! I went last fall, didn't get to talk to you. I met you at Tulsa, I believe the last time Steve Hoog attended and was alive, I think he passed shortly after...

The words in post 17 bother me...seeing moisture in aluminum blocks/headed engines??? Every time I've heard something similar, it was another problem...just my experience...
I have no idea why it leaked compression...gasket had a great impression and O-rings looked fine and the straight edge shows no warpage. Will do a pressure test before they are used again.

I will be at Great Bend again...I will smash that 9.56 I ran last year...

As far as moisture...that bothered me as well but I am not an engine builder and this is my first experience with all aluminum anything...

Old 04-09-2021, 08:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Lust4speed, I did previously cut some NPT taps down to do my iron heads, on these Eheads there was more room under the holes-only a couple of the 3/8" plugs needed the tops ground down a bit. Any part of the NPT plug that stands above the head surface can be test fit and ground down ,or they get cut flat with the head if you're getting them skimmed.