1982-92 TA & FB TECH 1993-2002 TA & FB Tech is now part of the new Late Model Section of the PY Forums. Click this link to check it out.

Old 04-13-2021, 04:21 PM

Default Trans Am Specialties Bandit #27 NOS Burt Reynolds Autographed Map Pocket

I need some assistance with an NOS Burt Reynolds autographed Map Pocket for a Bandit Trans Am manufactured by Trans Am Specialities.

This NEW-IN-BOX map pocket was ordered by Ceremi Pontiac in North Jersey and Trans Am Specialities as a replacement for a customer that owned a 1982? Bandit #27. The map pocket was sent to Burt Reynolds for his autograph then returned to the dealership. It turns out the Bandit owner never picked up the map pocket and sat in the dealershhip parts room until they closed.

I was able to purchase this unusual item and I have had it for over 10 years. I did some research on Trans Am Specialities. They were located in Cherry Hill, NJ and modified new black Trans Ams with high performance parts. They operated from about 1980 to 1984.

The GM Pat Number is 100020638, Gr. # 10.260. I could not find any information on this number. Can anyone help here?

The other questions I have are:
1. What year does this map pocket fit? 1982-?
2. Does anyone on the forum own Bandit #27?
3. I would like to sell this item. What is the current market value for Burt
Reynolds Trans Am autographed items?

If anyone is interested in purchasing, please send me a PM.

Thank You,
rockys1970
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Burt Reynolds Autographed Bandit Map Pocket 1.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	564655   Click image for larger version

Name:	Burt Reynolds Autographed Bandit Map Pocket 2.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	564656   Click image for larger version

Name:	Burt Reynolds Autographed Bandit Map Pocket 3.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	564657  

Old 04-14-2021, 08:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Looks like a pretty cool NOS piece. I know the dash was the same from 82-84, may even be the same up to 1992, I think they switched body styles in '93. I had an 82 and an 85 Its been awhile but I think they had the same configuration at the pass side.

Sounds like a good story but was there even a 27th bandit trans am made? I have seen 1 at Carlisle a few years ago. Never seen one advertised for sale but that doesnt mean they dont exist, just a rare automobile (not nec. valuable though).

I would think the value of this piece would be in the autograph. You might be a couple years late on the peak though. I would think $200 range for the name.

Old 04-14-2021, 08:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Another problem would be to authenticate the signature. It looks like all of the other Burt signings I have seen but I am by far an expert. Some people paying a premium may want verification.

Old 04-14-2021, 09:29 AM

Default Map Pocket

They were authorize to make 200 through Universal studios. I know they made number 7, 21, now 27, 99, and 199. Who knows what is out there or not? Company is long gone. I happen to have number 99. Never seen another in person. Sent you a PM. Interested, let me know. Any other information on car around would be cool!

Old 04-14-2021, 04:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Goat guy, what year is your car? Like I mentioned, I saw one at carlisle a few years ago. Wonder if that could have been you?

I am partial to '82/'83 trans ams. Buddy of mine bought a black n gold recarro '82 brand new. I loved that thing. All I could afford was a base '82 firebird.

Old 04-15-2021, 08:23 AM

Default Bandit TA

Mine is a 82 Trans am. As I said it is number 99. Was one of the 2 cars featured in the article in High Performance Pontiac. I do not believe it was at Carlise. Actually bought off of craigslist and facebook marketplace. It is in OK shape. Runs and drives but should be restored. Has all the Bandit Parts.

Old 04-15-2021, 10:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat guy View Post
Mine is a 82 Trans am. As I said it is number 99. Was one of the 2 cars featured in the article in High Performance Pontiac. I do not believe it was at Carlise. Actually bought off of craigslist and facebook marketplace. It is in OK shape. Runs and drives but should be restored. Has all the Bandit Parts.
Nice!

Old 04-16-2021, 09:02 AM

If you are interested, let me know. Might be willing to let it go. Be a while before I get to doing more work on her. Thanks

Old 04-16-2021, 09:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

pm sent

Old 05-06-2022, 11:08 PM

Default Bandit 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockys1970 View Post
I need some assistance with an NOS Burt Reynolds autographed Map Pocket for a Bandit Trans Am manufactured by Trans Am Specialities.

This NEW-IN-BOX map pocket was ordered by Ceremi Pontiac in North Jersey and Trans Am Specialities as a replacement for a customer that owned a 1982? Bandit #27. The map pocket was sent to Burt Reynolds for his autograph then returned to the dealership. It turns out the Bandit owner never picked up the map pocket and sat in the dealershhip parts room until they closed.

I was able to purchase this unusual item and I have had it for over 10 years. I did some research on Trans Am Specialities. They were located in Cherry Hill, NJ and modified new black Trans Ams with high performance parts. They operated from about 1980 to 1984.

The GM Pat Number is 100020638, Gr. # 10.260. I could not find any information on this number. Can anyone help here?

The other questions I have are:
1. What year does this map pocket fit? 1982-?
2. Does anyone on the forum own Bandit #27?
3. I would like to sell this item. What is the current market value for Burt
Reynolds Trans Am autographed items?

If anyone is interested in purchasing, please send me a PM.

Thank You,
rockys1970
Willing to sell this yet?