Old 07-15-2011, 07:13 PM
Administrator

Default Summer 2011 Issue - Pontiac Journal

The Pontiac Journal
Summer 2011 The Pontiac Journal - A Performance Years Newsletter Volume 9 - Issue 1

SUMMER GREETINGS

Can you believe that 2011 is already half over. It seems just a few weeks ago I was trying to find last minute Christmas gifts for a few "hard to shop for" members of my family. I guess that's what happens when you're keeping yourself busy, you loose track of time passing.

Now there are kids running around my neighborhood all day long, lawn crews using loud equipment outside my bedroom window at the crack of dawn and humidity that makes me go from zero to sweating-buckets in less than 0.2 seconds. It must be Summer, here in PA.

Of course, another tell-tale sign it's Summer is the fact that there's at least one (and often more than one) car show every weekend. Every Tuesday for the last few weeks the PY and Pypes road crews have been re-packing their respective trailers in preparation for the show on the coming weekend. They leave on Wednesday or Thursday (depending on how far the show is) and we don't see them again until Sunday or Monday. Then it's Tuesday again and they're starting it all over again. To me, that seems like a grueling schedule to keep but when you talk to them after they're back from a show, it's obvious they love it.

We hope you enjoy reading this issue and if you have any comments, questions, articles or article ideas, please feel free to send us a note at Pontiacjournal@performanceyears.com.

The Pontiac Journal Staff

IN THIS ISSUE

PY OPEN HOUSE & CAR SHOWS

PY OVERSTOCK DISCOUNTS CONTINUE

UPCOMING EVENTS

NOW IT CAN BE TOLD... by Don Keefe

INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS

NEW ASHTRAYS ON THE WAY

PY FORUMS: THERE'S AN APP FOR THAT

PY OFFERS EASY DISCOUNTS TO BODY & RESTO SHOPS

PY FORUMS TECHNICAL TIP:   VIEW FIRST UNREAD

WHEN A DISCOUNT ISN'T REALLY A DISCOUNT

PY FORUMS 2,000,000TH POST CONTEST

SNAPPIN' TURTLE TIE-DOWN PRODUCTS

NEW FOR YOUR CLASSIC

COMING UP

PAST ISSUES

Volume 1 - Issue 1
Volume 1 - Issue 2
Volume 1 - Issue 3
Volume 1 - Issue 4
Volume 1 - Issue 5

Volume 2 - Issue 1
Volume 2 - Issue 2

Volume 3 - Issue 1
Volume 3 - Issue 2

Volume 4 - Issue 1
Volume 4 - Issue 2
Volume 4 - Issue 3

Volume 5 - Issue 1
Volume 5 - Issue 2

Volume 6 - Issue 1
Volume 6 - Issue 2

Volume 7 - Issue 1

Volume 8 - Issue 1
Volume 8 - Issue 2

PY OPEN HOUSE & CAR SHOWS

If you've been living under a rock the last few weeks then it may be a surprise to you that the PY and Pypes staff have been in 4th gear with the needle buried in the red. The reason has been our 1st Annual Open House and Car Show. This event took place on May 20-22 at the PY headquarters in Hatfield, PA and despite some grumblings from mother nature, all agree it was a success.

Leading up to the event, mother nature threw a solid week worth of scattered showers at South-East PA. On Friday, the first day of the event, there were still lingering clouds and AM showers. Friday's features included a cruise-in at the PY Headquarters and a chance for any early-bird attendees to get a private tour of the facility with the company owner. In the evening was a cruise down the local main street that showed off a long line of Pontiac muscle that literally held up traffic. The cruise finished at a local restaurant called Bones Grille where the cruisers gathered for some food and camaraderie.

The festivities on Saturday was the heart of the event and it turned out that mother nature graced us will blue skies and sunshine from dawn until dusk (I have the sunburn to prove it). Saturday's main feature was two separate car shows at the same time. Performance Years had an All Pontiac Car Show and Pypes Exhaust put on a Muscle Car and Truck Show. By the time registration was over, there were over 130 Pontiacs and over 90 Muscle Cars and Trucks in attendance. In addition to all of the locals who could make the show a day-trip, there were loads of people and cars from as far away as Wisconsin, Georgia and even Canada. We couldn't have asked for a better day or a better turnout for our 1st Open House event.

In addition to the dual car shows, there was no shortage of things to do on Saturday. Tours of the facility continued all day long. We put together a swap meet full of Pontiac parts and automobilia. One of our co-workers, Paul, was in the swap meet area handing out amazing deals, hand over fist, all day long. The band Life Without... played some great rock tunes all afternoon long and drew prize numbers for all the items on our prize table. Plus, when you weren't doing any of that, there were hundreds of cars to look at and car enthusiasts to talk to.

Later on, in the afternoon, the popular vote ballets got counted and the awards were announced. The Muscle Car and Truck Show attendees began to pack up and head home. But each of the Pontiac Show attendees got an invitation to a free BBQ at 6:30 that night. It was intended to be a PY Forums Member reunion, where Pontiac enthusiasts who have only interacted in the virtual meeting place that is the PY Forums, could shake hands, share some food & drink and shoot-the-***** face-to-face. There was a great turnout for the BBQ, even though a number of members weren't able to stay past the awards ceremony. Drinks were mixed, food was eaten, designated driver's were called. What more can you ask for?

Click here for the car show results and lots of pictures from the event.

In addition to throwing an awesome event for our customers and fellow hobbyists, Performance Years and Pypes Exhaust wanted to raise awareness and cash to some of our favorite organizations. All of the registration fees were donated to the ALS Association's Great Philadelphia Chapter. The ALS Association helps people diagnosed with ALS (also known as Lou Gehrig's disease) cope with the challenges they face as the disease progresses. Additionally, attendees may have noticed a number of high school kids in red shirts behind the counter at the lunch concession stand. That's because all of the proceeds from the lunch concessions were donated to the Souderton Area High School Basketball program.

As if the Friday and Saturday activities weren't enough, on Sunday everyone moved West to Maple Grove Raceway for the re-birth of Pontiacs at the Grove. This All Pontiac Race-day was the work of Jim Zeek (mastermind behind the Pontiacs in the Park events). Pontiacs at the Grove features some great bracket racing, it's own car show and a swap meet. Although there were rumors of precipitation for the event, no rain fell and it couldn't have been a nicer day. There was a healthy turnout for a first time event and several unique vehicles made an appearance (can you say Pontiac powered Jeep). Even some traditionally non-racers took a pass down the track. One of my co-workers made a 19 second quarter-mile time. Maybe he got the cruise and race dates confused.

In the days since the event, we've been soliciting the people who attended for feedback on what they enjoyed and what needed improvement. An overwhelming majority of the comments have been glowing compliments. Even the criticisms we received were followed by, "Had a great time. Can't wait for next year!" With support like that, we've been moving ahead with our plans for next year's event. Currently our goals for the PY Open House and Car Shows in the future are: Bigger, Better and More.

We have tentatively scheduled our 2012 Open House for June 14-16, 2012. We'll keep you updated through the PY Forums if details change.

PY OVERSTOCK DISCOUNTS CONTINUE

PY OVERSTOCK SALE
With new products continuing to become available each week, Performance Years still needs to sell a good portion of our overstock or discontinued products. In an effort to entice our customers to help us clear these item from our warehouse, we're continuing to discount them 25% to 50% off our regularly low prices. All of the products that have been discounted are listed on our online ordering system. You can use these links to go directly to the lists:

GTO, Tempest & Lemans
Firebird & TransAm
Fullsize Pontiac
1969-77 Grand Prix

All of the products on these lists are discounted until our inventory is depleted.

UPCOMING EVENTS

NORWALK PONTIAC NATIONALS - August 5-7
Norwalk, OH

It is nearly time for Norwalk again. We hope you are as excited as we are for this unique event. All Pontiac all weekend. What more can you ask for. Except maybe a killer Friday night BBQ hosted by your pals at PY. Once again, our BBQ will include food, Pontiacs, food, "special" drinks and food.

GTO CLASSIC WEEKEND - August 19-21
Pontiac, MI

This great event takes place during the Woodward Dream Cruise, at the CenterPoint Marriott hotel, just off of the main drag. Each year it serves as a GTO filled oasis, where you can escape from the Woodward cruise and relax with your all Pontiac brethren.
FALL CHARLOTTE - August 25-28
Charlotte, NC

Once again, this "Fall" event is scheduled a little early. In the last week of August, the Charlotte Motor Speedway opens it's doors again for the crowds of East Coast automotive enthusiasts. Look for PY in Spaces: AB25-29 if you need some Pontiac parts or camaraderie.
FALL ENGLISHTOWN - September 23-25
Englishtown, NJ

We are located only 2 hours for the Englishtown Raceway, the host of this event. Each year this show brings out a large and diverse collection of cars and entusiasts. That makes this show well worth the trip. We hope to see you there.
FALL CARLISLE - September 28-October 2
Carlisle, PA

Once again, the small town of Carlisle is hosting their giant Fall event. Only days after the big Fall event in NJ is this even bigger event, due West, in central PA. There are so many cars to see and so many parts for sale at this event, you need to spend several days, just to have a shot at seeing it all. Look for us in row P, spaces 171-179.
FALL HERSHEY - October 5-8
Hershey, PA

This show has become a Fall tradition for some of our staff. For the staff members that attend each year, an equal amount of time is spent browsing the show and vending at the show. The combination of cars and candy makes this a great event for the kids in all of us.

NOW IT CAN BE TOLD...

by                
Don Keefe  

I’ve always had a great deal of admiration for our Pontiac friends north of the border. It really takes an elevated level of devotion to be a Pontiac fan in Canada. In addition to the fact that many Canadian Pontiac models weren’t the same as the cars sold in the US, there are the elevated cost for shipping, import duty, so it is a challenge for them. As I found out about five years ago, new problems continue to pop up.

My friend Imran Chaudary lives in Wainfleet, Ontario, about 30 minutes from Niagara Falls. He manages his family’s chicken egg farm, which produces about 100,000 eggs a day- it’s a pretty large operation. Imran is easily one of the most hardcore Pontiac fans out there- he has restored several GTOs over the years and the quality of his work has netted him magazine covers and Gold Awards.

When Pontiac announced that the GTO would be coming back for the 2004 model year, he was ecstatic- the Holden Monaro was a true performance car in every sense of the word and a Pontiac version would be the perfect modern musclecar.

There was only one problem- they would not be imported into Canada. The reasoning was that the bumpers did not meet Canadian impact standards.

I have said this before about Imran and I’ll say it again, he is a doer. He was not about to give up just because his country’s excessive safety regulations were standing in his way. He would own a new GTO and that was that. We hatched a plan that was legal to the letter of the law, but most likely, not to the spirit-perfect.

At the time, I was living with my brother and was working from a home office at his place. Using his Canadian business visa, we helped him set up our address as his official American residence. We added a phone line in his name (it ended up being my fax line), proving his residence with a utility bill addressed to him. Like I said, all nice and legal.

Next, Imran had to get a New York drivers license. For him, this meant completing a five-hour driver training class and taking a road test. It seemed to me more than a little humbling that a guy well into his thirties had to complete a class with a bunch of teenagers, but he dutifully did it without complaint, keeping his eye on the prize. He took his road test and passed. At this point, he had invested an immense amount of time and effort in the project, probably more than I would have done.

Once he received his New York State drivers license, Imran began looking for the perfect car. After looking around at some dealers in the Rochester area, he found a brand new black 2005 six-speed with a red interior in nearby Buffalo. He was able to get insurance through my agent without a hitch and he soon took delivery of his GTO in July of 2005, driving it back to Wainfleet that very night. We would periodically forward him his mail from the insurance company, the DMV, the phone company and the dealer. Everything worked out fine. Since he could prove a residence in the USA, Imran could legally drive the GTO over the border without any problem. Legally, the car was based in New York, so it all checked out and believe me, they did check.

Mission accomplished- Imran Chaudary had what was at the time one of, if not the only late-model GTO in Canada. The GTO was something that really turned heads at the local shows that he displayed it at. When asked about how he got the car over the border, he just smiled and pointed at the New York license plate.

About a month ago, I was visiting Imran in Canada- it was the first time I had been there in a couple of years. While he was showing me a couple of his latest projects at “Garage Majal,” his 40x80-foot steel building, I noticed that the GTO had Canadian license plates on it. Needless to say, I was very surprised to see that it was registered in Ontario- especially after all of the hoops we had to jump through to make the deal work back in 2005. I asked him about how he was able to pull that off and he said that the car was now legal for road use in Canada. Due to the extra cost involved with the separate crash testing and enforcement, Transport Canada, their version of the D.O.T., decided to piggy-back their crash test standards along with their American counterpart. In the swish of a pen, Imran’s GTO was no longer an outlaw and could come home to be with its elder brethren in Imran’s temple of Pontiac performance.

As I was driving the 110-mile trip back to Fairport, I couldn’t help thinking about Imran’s GTO and the hurdles that he overcame to get one for himself. I also wondered about how many ‘04 -’06 GTOs Pontiac could have sold up north had Transport Canada changed the law back when it could have made a difference. I firmly believe that the Canadian market would have embraced the Australian GTO far more than the American buyers did. Historically, they were much more willing to take Pontiacs that were part Chevy, why not one that was part Holden?

In any event, seeing Imran’s GTO was like seeing an old friend. To date, it has only racked up about 5,000 miles and has lived as pampered a life as any GTO ever could. I hope he hangs onto it for many years to come, because this one really does have a story behind it.

INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS - 1968-72 GTO & 1970-77 Trans Am

Performance Years is adding a new project to our already full list of projects. We are going to be putting together some instructional videos to help our customers and fellow Pontiac enthusiasts with their cars. Our staff has a wide range of experience with their own Pontiacs and we plan to offer you instructional videos on topics that our customers often ask about.

We've taken the first steps by creating the video below. It will walk you through the steps of installing a modern aftermarket radio kit (RPZ187) into a GTO dash. As our first video, we are still working out issues with the text and music.

Your comments and suggestions are welcome.
Please email us HERE or join the discussion on the PY Forums HERE.

NEW ASHTRAYS ON THE WAY

Due to popular demand, Performance Years has undertaken the arduous task of reproducing several of the most popular ashtrays. Sample testing of these ashtrays went very well. Our current schedule shows that these new ashtrays will be available in July, 2011. We expect you will be as pleased with the quality as we are.

PYI355
$59.00
  1970-81 FIREBIRD ASHTRAY
  AVAILABLE WINTER 2011
PYI355A
$59.00
  1966-67 GTO ASHTRAY
  AVAILABLE AUGUST 2011
PYI355B
$59.00
  1968 GTO ASHTRAY
  AVAILABLE AUGUST 2011
PYI355C
$59.00
  1969 GTO ASHTRAY
  IN STOCK
PYI355D
$59.00
  1970-72 GTO ASHTRAY
  IN STOCK

PY FORUMS: THERE'S AN APP FOR THAT

Over the last couple of years, one of the hottest new technologies have been the "Smart" phones and tablets. Not only do these new mobile technologies now allow us to many of the things we do on our home computers but they allow us to do them anywhere. And you can get small programs (called "Apps") designed specifically for these mobile devices to ad convenience, productivity and fun beyond what a bulky computer can do.

But the biggest drawback of these devices is that in order to be mobile, they need to be small. They can all browse the internet but it's hard to read text and click links on a 4 inch screen. Even on an 8 inch tablet screen, you can have a tough time navigating a website. So many popular websites have been creating apps that allow you to read and navigate their sites easily from a mobile device.

Performance Years is proud to announce that the PY Forums is climbing on the mobile device bandwagon. Within the next few weeks we will be adding features to the PY Forums in preparation for the release of the PY Forums apps this Summer. We plan on having 2 apps available, one for Apple products (ie. Iphones and Ipads) and one for Android powered phones and tablets. These apps are designed to distill the PY Forums down into it's essential components (ie. reading, posting, researching, uploading pictures, socializing, etc...) and putting it in a format that will be easy to navigate on smaller mobile devices.

Imagine the benefit of having the entire PY Forums catalog of knowledge in your pocket or backpack. You can take it everywhere you go. You can be at a junkyard and discover a rare part that won't work on your own car but could help someone else out. Take a picture, post it right on the PY Forums and you could have the part sold before you've left the junkyard. If you're on the way back from a car show and your Pontiac suddenly has mechanical problems, you could have dozens of members suggesting fixes or offering their assistance, all from the side of the road. The benefits could be endless.

And even if you are not one of the people who lives by these mobile devices, there are great things on the way. While we are gearing up for the mobile app release the PY Forums will also get some much needed upgrades. The Search engine will be upgraded to give you better searching options and results. A new post editor will be available to allow you to make more dynamic posts. Several new features will be added including blogs, video embedding in posts and updated member profile pages. Plus, the PY Forums will also get an updated look and feel.

The PY Forums is being taken to the next level in every available way. Just wait and see what is possible.

PY OFFERS EASY DISCOUNTS TO BODY & RESTO SHOPS

The Pontiac restoration hobby is the life blood of parts vendors like Performance Years. And even with all the do-it-yourselfers who like getting under the hood and getting things done with their own two hands, professional body and restoration shops are a signifigant part of the hobby. Performance Years wants to help the smaller body & restoration shops, who may not have back-to-back Pontiac projects, get better pricing on the Pontiac parts they need.

So Performance Years is offering body and restoration shops immediate discounts with no required buy-in. These shops can get minimum discounts of 10% off everything that we carry plus deeper discounts on PY-made products. Then, with larger volume orders, the discounts continue to grow. It couldn't be any easier.

The main goal of this offer is to allow smaller body and restoration shops to keep their prices low (or allow more room for price negotiation). That should mean that more projects are likely to get started and more Pontiacs stay on or return to the road (or track). The bottom line is that the more Pontiacs that stay active, the stronger the hobby will be in the future. The continuation of a strong Pontiac hobby is the ultimate goal of all the Pont-aholics at Performance Years, on both the commercial and personal levels.

PY FORUMS TECHNICAL TIP:     VIEW FIRST UNREAD

The PY Forums can seem like it's alive. Like any living thing, it will continue to grow and change right before your eyes and also then your not watching. Personally, I'm on the PY Forums at least once a day to catch up on what I've missed in the last couple of hours. In some instances I'll discover a short thread I had been reading has grown to a 5 page thread, overnight. In those instances I've always found it annoying to have to hunt for the spot where I left off.

There are lots of tricks built into the PY Forums to help you find the post in a thread that are new to you. You can look at your last login date/time and scan down the posts until you find a post dated after your last visit. Some of you may have noticed that the logo to the left of the date stamp on each post will appear blue if it's older than your last visit and orange if it's newer. Or you can always just start re-reading the entire thread from the begining. But each of these methods require you to scan down the pages of the thread until you find what you're looking for.

I wasn't until recently that I noticed the little link at the top of each page of a thread that says "View First Unread". It wasn't obvious to me at first what the link did, so I took out my 4-year-old sensiblility and clicked it, to see what would happen. And to my surprise, a valve must have opened because the septic tank started emptying directly onto the driveway... (opps, that was the other time I took out my 4-year-old sensibility). When I clicked the "View First Unread" link, the page re-loaded and I was looking right at the first post in that thread that I hadn't read yet.

Ever since I discovered this cool little feature I've been using it nearly on a daily basis. It's a great little time saver for me and thought a few of you might get some use out of it as well. Now, back to hosing down the driveway for me.

WHEN A DISCOUNT ISN'T REALLY A DISCOUNT

We all know that money doesn't grow on trees. Each of us works for what we have and beacuse of that, are cautious about where we spend it. Anyone will tell you that it's always better to shop around for the best deal, otherwise you run the risk of paying more than you have to. Of course, the classic car parts industry is no different.

The employees at Performance Years are nearly all classic car enthusiasts and because of that, we are on the mailing lists of many parts companies. We often get copies of the emails and flyers that promote "Huge", "Seasonal" or "Annual sales" from other parts suppliers. These are the reason we want to remind everyone that a "sale" is only worthwhile if the prices drop low enought to beat all the compeditors. A 10% sale doesn't mean much if the company is 20% more expensive then the competition.

At Performance Years, besides the customer service that we pride ourselves on, we work hard to offer our customers the best prices we can. Our pricing is not based on what we expect the market will bear but what the products and our overhead costs us. Being automotive hobbiests ourselves, we know the impact offering a quality product at a reasonable price can have on the entire hobby. Our ultimate goal is to keep the classic automotive hobby going as long and strong as possible

Of course there will be situations where one of our compeditors sales will bring the price of an item below our everyday low pricing. It is for that exact situation that we setup our price matching policy. As long as the quality of the product is the same, we will match or beat any price advertised by our compeditors.

It is also worth reminding everyone that discounts are available on nearly every order places with us, no matter how small. We offer volume discounts on every order over $500 and the larger the order, the greater the discount. You can get even better discounts if you pay with cash, a check or money order, instead of a credit card or Paypal. We also offer a 2% discount off every order mailed, faxed or placed online. With that much discounting available, added to our everyday low prices, it's a rare occasion when our competition can offer a lower price.

We'd like to encourage everyone to compare the prices of the different parts vendors before purchasing. A little effort can save you a few dollars or a few hundred dollars on your hobby project. Also remember that a "Huge Sale on Everything" is less likely to offer you a great deal and more likely to be a gimmick to get your attention and hard earned money.

PY FORUMS 2,000,000TH POST CONTEST

This year is a milestone for the PY Forums because it marks it's 20th Anniversery. It was way back in 1991 when the PY Forums (in a much simpler format) first hit the internet and began bringing the Pontiac community together.

In addition to being the 20th Anniversery, we are expecting another milestone before the year is out, the 2,000,000th post. This 2,000,000th post milestone is not as much a reflection on those of us that run and maintain the PY Forums and more of an accomplishment for all of you loyal members who visit and post your questions, knowledge, opinions and stuff for sale. As a small "Thank You" for all of our loyal members, we've decided to create a contest centered around that 2,000,000th post.

The member who makes the 2,000,000th post will win an all expenses paid trip to the 2012 PY Open House, Car Show & PY Forums Member Reunion BBQ. Airfare, hotels, food and fun will all be taken care of, you'll just need to talk your boss into letting you off work. At the Open House, you'll be treated like the celebrity you are, Mr. or Mrs. 2,000,000!!

Keep an eye on The Lobby for full details and rules in the coming weeks.

SNAPPIN' TURTLE TIE-DOWN PRODUCTS

Performance Years  

Performance Years is partnering with Snappin' Turtle Tie-Downs to offer you high quality American-Made tie-down products for all your transportation needs. No matter what you are transporting (cars, trucks, motorcycles, ATVs, boxes, people and more) we have the tie-downs and accessories you need. We also offer to make custom tie-downs for less conventional cargo.

To kick off this new product line, we have some smokin' deals below! You spent a lot of money restoring your classic Pontiac. Don't trust anything but the best Tie Down's to keep your vehicle secure!

V8000
  $49.00

MOTORCYCLE TIEDOWN KIT
  NOW IN STOCK
  1" wide ratchet straps, Soft loops and 1200lb. D-rings
  Everything you need to secure your bike for transport.

V8102
  $99.00

10K CAR TIEDOWN KIT
  NOW IN STOCK
  2" wide, 10,000lb rated straps with built-in axle loops for securing your Pontiac for transport.

V8120
  $99.00

WHEEL BONNET E-TRACK KIT
  NOW IN STOCK
  2" wide wheel bonnet ratchet straps and 2 sections of versital E-track.

NEW FOR YOUR CLASSIC

Performance Years  

These products are new or recently improved.

RPZ187A
  $299.00

1968 GTO AM/FM RADIO   NOW IN STOCK
  These radios fits in the '68 GTO factory location and you do not need to cut the plastic radio bezel.

RPZ187
  $299.00
  $259.00

1969-72 GTO AM/FM RADIO
  NOW IN STOCK
  These radios fits in the factory location and you do not need to cut the plastic radio bezel. A problem tuning AM stations has been reported with these radios. Please call for details on resolving this issue.

RPZ187B
  $299.00

1970-77 FIREBIRD AM/FM RADIO
  NOW IN STOCK
  These radios fits in the factory location and you do not need to cut the plastic radio bezel.

RPZ44A
  $5.00

GTO 2011 CALENDAR
  NOW IN STOCK
  Great as frame-able high-quality photos
  PYI92A
  $49.00

1968 GTO COURTESY LENS
  AVAILABLE SOON
  GMF50B
  $159.00/pr
  $149.00/pr

1967 GTO GRILL MOLDINGS
  NOW AVAILABLE
  These reproductions turned out really nice.
  You won't be disappointed!
  RPR64BP
  $275.00

1964 GTO DIECAST GAS DOOR
  NOW IN STOCK
  This is a high quality diecast
  reproduction to match or recently
  released 1964 tail light bezels. Wow, who would have ever thought.
  PYE20EBC
  $119.00

1964-66 FRONT CARB BASE
  NOW IN STOCK
  USA made excellent high quality that look, fit, &
  seal great.
  PYE19BC
  $139.00

1959-65 CENTER CARB BASE
  NOW IN STOCK
  seal great.
 PYE20EBCR
  $119.00

1964-66 REAR CARB BASE
  NOW IN STOCK
  seal great.

RFF073FL
  $349.00

1970-81 FIREBIRD FENDER-LH
  NOW AVAILABLE

RFF073FR
  $349.00

1970-81 FIREBIRD FENDER-RH
  NOW AVAILABLE

RFF073L
  $349.00

1970-81 TRANS AM FENDER-LH
  NOW AVAILABLE

RFF073R
  $349.00

1970-81 TRANS AM FENDER-RH
  NOW AVAILABLE

RFE20A
  $309.00

1970-72 FIREBIRD RADIATOR SUPPORT
  NOW IN STOCK
  For 70-71 and 72 (1st design).
  RFE20B
  $329.00

1973-76 FIREBIRD RADIATOR SUPPORT
  NOW IN STOCK

RFE20C
  $329.00

1977-81 FIREBIRD RADIATOR SUPPORT
  NOW IN STOCK

RFF31B
  $409.00

1977-81 FIREBIRD HOOD
  NOW AVAILABLE

RFF31BS
  $439.00

1977-81 TRANS AM SHAKER HOOD
  NOW AVAILABLE

GME59B
  $39.00

1972-76 HORN RELAY   NOW AVAILABLE
  Fits 72-74 GTO, 72-76 Fullsize, & 72-75 GP

NEW SHOW CHROME BUMPERS
These new bumpers have superior chrome quality for the discriminating restorer. As an introduction, we are offering these new bumpers at 10% off.
  RFF19AC
  $375.00
  $337.50

1967-68 FIREBIRD FRONT BUMPER
  - SHOW QUALITY CHROME
  NOW IN STOCK
  Better Quality Chrome then RFF19A
  RPF210C
  $450.00
  $405.00

1966-67 FIREBIRD FRONT BUMPER
  - SHOW QUALITY CHROME
  NOW IN STOCK
  Better Quality Chrome then RPF210
  RPR97AC
  $425.00
  $382.50

1967 LEMANS/TEMPEST REAR BUMPER
  - SHOW QUALITY CHROME
  NOW IN STOCK
  Better Quality Chrome then RPR97A
  RPR97C
  $425.00
  $382.50

1967 GTO REAR BUMPER
  - SHOW QUALITY CHROME
  NOW IN STOCK
  Better Quality Chrome then RPR97
  RPR98C
  $425.00
  $382.50

1968 GTO REAR BUMPER
  - SHOW QUALITY CHROME
  NOW IN STOCK
  Better Quality Chrome then RPR98

RPR96C
  $450.00

1966 GTO REAR BUMPER
  - SHOW QUALITY CHROME
  NOW IN STOCK
  Better Quality Chrome then RPR96
  but not available for the 10% discount due to Limited Supply
  RFR56A
  $229.00

1970-73 FIREBIRD REAR BUMPER
  NOW IN STOCK

SAFETY EQUIPMENT
When you are working on a big project or a small one, it's essential to use the right safety equipment. Performance Years is now stocking a number of high-quality safety products to help you prepare for your various projects. We chose to stock SAS brand safety products for their high-quality products and respected industry reputation.
  RPZ195_
  $15.00

NRR 24dB EARPLUGS
  NOW IN STOCK
  Available in Small, Medium and Large sizes
  RPZ196_
  $12.00

SAFETY PRO GLOVES
  NOW IN STOCK
  Available in Medium, Large, X-large and XX-large sizes
  RPZ197_
  $10.00

DB CARBON SAFETY GLASSES
  NOW IN STOCK
  Available with Clear or Shaded lenses
  RPZ197L
  $15.00

LED LIGHTED SAFETY GLASSES
  NOW IN STOCK

PERFORMANCE YEARS BRAND TAILPIPES! - NOW IN STOCK

These PY Tailpipes are all mandrel bent for the best possible flow and made of 409 stainless steel to last a lifetime. They are designed to be easily installed with any new aftermarket exhaust system but will not fit pre-installed systems.

We have tailpipes to fit the following applications:

$149.00   2.5" A-BODY TAILPIPES (fits: 1964-72 GTO & 1969-77 Grand Prix)

$149.00   3" A-BODY TAILPIPES (fits: 1964-72 GTO & 1969-77 Grand Prix)

$149.00   2.5" A-BODY TAILPIPES (fits: 1970-71 GTO w/ rear bumper cutouts),

$149.00   2.5" F-BODY TAILPIPES - Rear Exit (fits: 1967-81 Firebird & Trans Am),

$149.00   3" F-BODY TAILPIPES - Rear Exit (fits: 1967-81 Firebird & Trans Am),

NEW DRIVESHAFTS - NOW AVAILABLE

Both Standard and Heavy Duty driveshafts are now available for A, F & G-bodies. Features Neapco performance dynamic u-joints with teflon seals and no grease fittings for added strength. All new weld yokes and slip joints. US made complete and ready to install. Shafts have straight wall tubing, not for concourse restorations with stepped or tapered shafts.

We have driveshafts to fit the following applications:

Firebird Driveshafts   GTO/Tempest/Lemans Driveshafts   Grand Prix Driveshafts

HURST "STYLE" AFTERMARKET WHEEL KITS - NOW AVAILABLE

No trim ring needed. Much lighter than original and balance beautifully. PY has taken the necessary steps to enable you to effortlessly install the correct original reproduction Hurst caps. You do not need original expensive Hurst lug nuts. Most store bought lug nuts can be used. New technology with a classic look. What more could you want!

Each kit includes: 4 Hurst wheels & 4 Hurst center caps (RPW37). The Wheel bolt pattern is 5" x 4.75".

These wheels are available in these sizes:

RPW21K
15" x 7"

$885.00
RPW21AK
15" x 8"

$920.00
RPW21BK
17" x 7"

$1,035.00
RPW21CK
17" x 8"

$1,095.00

COMING UP
in Future Issues

Pontiac Insight Articles
Another interesting look into the Pontiac hobby and the real world factors that effect it.

Pontiac Technical Articles
More expertese into Pontiacs and the restoration hobby with technical tips for the do-it-yourself restorer.

PY Forums Technical Tip
There are lots of great little features of the PY Forums. In the next issue we will single out one that you may or may not be aware of.

PJ Specials
Each new issue of the Pontiac Journal means a new list of special discounts offered to our loyal readers. Check back next issue, your wallet will thank you!!

AND...
Any other Pontiac news-worthy information, stories, trends and developments that come across our desks.

Credits

Publisher
Chris Casperson

Editor-in-Chief
Chris Casperson

Production Manager
Steve Craig

Contributing Writers
Chris Casperson
Don Keefe
Mike Spizziri

Technical Editor